Poll

Should we add Add 700g/100w paladins to war2combat installer and set it as the default cost in war2?

Yes
7 (38.9%)
No
11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Should we make 700g/100w paladins default in war2?  (Read 22796 times)

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Should we make 700g/100w paladins default in war2?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 09:40:14 AM »
Lamb you said a war2 hex edit can’t be done or players drop and IL won’t do it because he don’t want to release number of extra versions”. What specifically can be done then?? Can you hard write pud files?? Can you do a gui addition when hosting to bnet to change paladin cost?? What kind of change can be done... let’s start there.
MAYBE THERS A WAY TO HACK "USE MAP SETTINGS" TO ACTUALLY PUT PEOPLE IN RANDOM POSITIONS? THEN U'D BE FREE TO CHANGE UNIT COSTS N NUMBERS N JUST HOST "GOW REBALANCED" MAP
AT THE MOMENT UMS DEFAULTS TO "FIXED ORDER" WHICH IS SHITTY
Lamb is this possible? Claw has a great idea here
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 11:00:35 AM »
Lamb is this possible?

I've never looked at it, but I assume 99.9% chance that it would be the same issue as changing knight stats in the exe: everyone would have to be using the same exe or people would drop or game would split.

Cost change mods could easily be done by a plugin, but again all players would have to use the plugin... or split/drop.

But if everyone agrees to use the mod ... np you can play.

This is the point of plugins - so people can decide what mods they want to use. If everyone agrees you can play any sort of game you want.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 11:21:10 AM »
Lamb is this possible?

I've never looked at it, but I assume 99.9% chance that it would be the same issue as changing knight stats in the exe: everyone would have to be using the same exe or people would drop or game would split.

Cost change mods could easily be done by a plugin, but again all players would have to use the plugin... or split/drop.

This is the point of plugins - so people can decide what mods they want to use. If everyone agrees you can play any sort of game you want.

Just change the cost of knights on tier 2 and tier 3 for paladins.

700g/50w for knight
800g/100w for paladin
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 11:32:57 AM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 11:35:22 AM »
I do not think that the "Use default settings" to change fixed to random would drop anyone (a widely known fact,  except when it comes to lambhax I guess, is that the hosts machine dictates who gets what position,  its not something that is synced from every players machine such as a units level, cost, etc).  That is likely your best option because as I've said many times before,  these types of changes REQUIRE every player to be using the same version of war2 and that has never been the case with combat and I dont expect it to be the case for a long time coming,  if at all.  Map editors ALREADY allow this and there are plenty of maps that already have units costs modified.  There really is no need to be messing with these stats in the game itself.  There are better outlets for that (map editor and wargus).

The "Use default settings" to be changed from fixed to random would be a great modification although being able to enable/disable it with a hotkey during game creation would be needed since quite a few maps actually require fixed order AND map defaults (such as friends type maps).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 11:44:12 AM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2019, 12:15:52 PM »
I do not think that the "Use default settings" to change fixed to random would drop anyone (a widely known fact,  except when it comes to lambhax I guess, is that the hosts machine dictates who gets what position,  its not something that is synced from every players machine such as a units level, cost, etc).

Yes you little fags sniff for spots ... lame ass map hacking. But we are talking about UMS which uses default starting positions. Shhh grown-ups are talking.

700g/50w for knight
800g/100w for paladin

OK. Good chance to illustrate the real problem.

Here it is. Boom... done.

Just use the attached plugin.

Now all you have to do is convince everyone in the game to use this plugin (close wc2 put in plugin folder, start wc2).

... or else rant at iL and complain if he can't magically force everyone in the world to use it.

I did my part, now 1..2..3..go!     make it happen.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 12:31:46 PM »
Sounds like this will never happen.  I dont mod war2/pvpgn anymore (zero interest in it) and Lambhax clearly has no clue how positions are determined when using default map settings.  I have no more interest in this topic beyond the options I outlined countless times already.  Glad this will go no where.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 12:36:45 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2019, 01:08:05 PM »
I do not think that the "Use default settings" to change fixed to random would drop anyone (a widely known fact,  except when it comes to lambhax I guess, is that the hosts machine dictates who gets what position,  its not something that is synced from every players machine such as a units level, cost, etc).

Yes you little fags sniff for spots ... lame ass map hacking. But we are talking about UMS which uses default starting positions. Shhh grown-ups are talking.

700g/50w for knight
800g/100w for paladin

OK. Good chance to illustrate the real problem.

Here it is. Boom... done.

Just use the attached plugin.

Now all you have to do is convince everyone in the game to use this plugin (close wc2 put in plugin folder, start wc2).

... or else rant at iL and complain if he can't magically force everyone in the world to use it.

I did my part, now 1..2..3..go!     make it happen.

If i install this and i still play with peoples who dont have it, did we will drop?

And if i play 1v1 vs someone who have it, it will work. right?

But i assume we cant have watchers if they dont have it too?

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2019, 01:35:15 PM »
Lamb you said a war2 hex edit can’t be done or players drop and IL won’t do it because he don’t want to release number of extra versions”. What specifically can be done then?? Can you hard write pud files?? Can you do a gui addition when hosting to bnet to change paladin cost?? What kind of change can be done... let’s start there.
MAYBE THERS A WAY TO HACK "USE MAP SETTINGS" TO ACTUALLY PUT PEOPLE IN RANDOM POSITIONS? THEN U'D BE FREE TO CHANGE UNIT COSTS N NUMBERS N JUST HOST "GOW REBALANCED" MAP
AT THE MOMENT UMS DEFAULTS TO "FIXED ORDER" WHICH IS SHITTY
I made such a GOW rebalanced map for Use Map Settings once upon a time.  Not only powered up knights for humans tier 2 but I tried to make axers/archers dece as well, and then powered and sped up dragons and lowered sapper/demo training time. 

Anyway it's just like you say, none of that does anything unless you Use Map Settings and that's fixed order, I'm not sure if I ever even played a game on it

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2019, 01:36:48 PM »
Lamb is this possible?

700g/50w for knight
800g/100w for paladin
Lol so upgrading to paladin fucking sucks

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2019, 01:54:43 PM »
No reason to updrage troll dragon and shit, the only probleme is lust over human.

Paladin still not suck, they still cost less then the initial price, and the fact they are better in mid game will bring orcs to struggle hard for lust.

No reason to make paladins stronger if humans have another style play and they are fix on early mid game.

Why to have the same races with the same strategies? Thats pretty idiot from my pov.

Making that difference between the 2 races will be perfect.

Human better or early mid game, orc better on mid late game.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 02:18:02 PM by Equinox »

Offline (PLS DELETE MY ACC)

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2019, 03:55:25 PM »
RLY? CUZ I REMEMBUR IRONMAN LADDER BEING BUGGED WITH PERMANENT FIXED ORDER AND THERE WAS A WAR2 LAUNCHER WHICH PREVENTED IT (IF BOTH PARTIES USED IT). IF THE OTHER PARTY DIDNT USE IT, IRONMAN LADDER WOULD STILL BE BUGGED.
SURE ALL PLAYERS NEED TO HAVE THE .EXE MODIFICATION, BUT MAYBE ITS POSSIBEL TO NOT BEING DROPPED FROM THE GAME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LC4YCh9Hg0
TOTALLY UNBIASED CHOP VIDEO

NOTHING (EXCEPT FOR A SUPER FRESH ADMIN) CAN STOP THE VANIMAL!

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2019, 08:10:48 PM »
That’s a great idea, Claw.  Having random starting spot for use map settings would be awesome.  We can do all the fun bs like 2v2 with each person having both a peon and a peasant at start.

Let’s make it happen!  People who drop from not having the latest version can upgrade.

Side question for Lamb - is a plug in that tells you the war2 version being used by the person who joins your game possible? 

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2019, 08:22:48 PM »
with each person having both a peon and a peasant at start.

Be patient and maybe this(and probably some more stuffs) will come in next Combat version  ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:24:49 PM by Available »

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2019, 09:09:10 PM »
If i install this and i still play with peoples who dont have it, did we will drop?

And if i play 1v1 vs someone who have it, it will work. right?

But i assume we cant have watchers if they dont have it too?

Yes.

But it doesnt matter because Lance is going to make UMS maps have a random start position. Like I said I've never looked at it. Who knows, maybe it can work. Go for it Lance, stop talking shit and make yourself useful. :thumbsup:

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2019, 09:25:04 PM »
Does lance know how? I doubt it
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!