Poll

Should we add Add 700g/100w paladins to war2combat installer and set it as the default cost in war2?

Yes
7 (38.9%)
No
11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Should we make 700g/100w paladins default in war2?  (Read 22802 times)

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Should we make 700g/100w paladins default in war2?
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2019, 06:55:52 AM »
Side question for Lamb - is a plug in that tells you the war2 version being used by the person who joins your game possible?

Not really. Plugins only know what your wc2 client knows. AFAIK clients don't send information about themselves to the other clients, so there is no way of providing this information.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2019, 08:08:39 AM »
Lance where would you make that change? Let us know.
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2019, 10:44:58 AM »
Pretty amusing how Lambhax said I planned to do some sort of war2 modification,  and then directly after that volunteered me to do some sort of mod.  Thats a bit presumptive if not outright laughable.  When war2custom was rejected,  along with it went my passion and will to ever help war2 in a coding manor ever again,  that passion has never returned and I have no plans to rekindle it.  I am fine with just the way things are and have stated such in several different places now (in-game, discord, and here).  It's common knowledge that I wont lift a finger for war2 as far as improving it goes.  I'll give opinions and guidance when I have a few spare minutes and thats the end of it.  For those that dont realize this,  war2custom DID have the ability to modify the default map settings with the page up/down keys which would (in game lobby),  enable/disable fixed order and would announce in the chat that it was toggled on/off.  I had many changes that worked in a similar way.  I also had a protocol that allowed each client to report it's memory stack to the server and even to each other for obvious reasons.  If someone has the latest version of it,  you can probably dissect it.  I no longer have the source or the binaries.  I dumped it long long ago.  You can thank burnt, tupac, blid, and the countless others who claimed that it was just a 'virus' for that and for my change in willingness to modify anything for war2 ever again.  I will not subject myself to such toxicity ever again.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 10:48:14 AM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2019, 12:25:10 PM »
I still see nothing wrong with Feature or how he handled himself.  He was a very fair and logical person. BTW feature wasnt around with war2custom,  that fiasco was years before war2custom,  you are thinking of $pace,  but the same thing happened to him and he indeed DID eventually start to fight back and went off the deep end but in his defense,  he was pushed pretty hard in ways that no one should have had to endure.  There were a lot of NON-factual statements/stories made up about both of them simply because people were using him as a way to diminish whatever I was doing.  They couldnt really come up with valid arguments so they would just make up stories about how he did this or that,  etc.  None of which was really all that true (all of which came out years later, but still,  it wasnt cool).  He (Feature,  $pace wasnt as level headed as feature imo) was one of the better people that was literally run out of town around here in much the same way people attempted to do that with me.  Why?  Because I threatened their power/authority.  That was the sole reason for the entire shitstorm.  What you have today is a direct result of that.  All these changes being proposed now is just a regurgitation of areas this community has already rejected in a disgusting manor (many times,  this isnt the first, second, or even third time someone has tried to change things).  Eventually one of you (I assume lambhax) is going to break away,  make their own server,  its going to get attacked left and right, and then we'll be right back at the beginning.  It's like a never ending cycle around here.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 12:35:40 PM by {Lance} »
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2019, 12:41:46 PM »
Go for it Lance, stop talking shit and make yourself useful. :thumbsup:

I will not subject myself to such toxicity ever again.

So you just reproduce it for others then?

Nice effort shit-talking and contributing nothing. You're a legend.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2019, 12:45:14 PM »
Thats right.  I never once modified war2combat's installer btw.  I did it the right way and made my own along with my own server.  But I also didnt have any game changing modifications in it either.  I kept everything outside of the game mechanics.  So ya,  I would shit talk anyone who tried to modify the game mechanics as its not something I believe in doing,  especially if they act the way you do.  Like I said,  I'll never help this shithole with another logic block ever again.  Never.  You're a great example of why.  You're completely unable to defend your reasonings and you resort to character assassination attempts instead.  Classic toxicity that merits the same in return.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 12:48:50 PM by {Lance} »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2019, 01:32:29 PM »
Dont you guys dont understand lance is an old man jalous of everyone cuz he try to do something usefull all his life on that game and it never does it.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2019, 02:40:51 PM »
Lambchops is easily one of the biggest hypocrites to ever post on these forums. The dudes about as consistent with the shit he says as Paris Hilton is at playing Chess.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2019, 07:44:19 PM »
Lamb you said a war2 hex edit can’t be done or players drop and IL won’t do it because he don’t want to release number of extra versions”. What specifically can be done then?? Can you hard write pud files?? Can you do a gui addition when hosting to bnet to change paladin cost?? What kind of change can be done... let’s start there.
MAYBE THERS A WAY TO HACK "USE MAP SETTINGS" TO ACTUALLY PUT PEOPLE IN RANDOM POSITIONS? THEN U'D BE FREE TO CHANGE UNIT COSTS N NUMBERS N JUST HOST "GOW REBALANCED" MAP
AT THE MOMENT UMS DEFAULTS TO "FIXED ORDER" WHICH IS SHITTY

You are many years behind my old projects. I've done some pretty cool stuff such as ladder with melee, TV, etc. Even made it so I could add cpus in top vs bottom or 1v1 games lol. Just for those dark days noone would join a game and I could just add a CPU and start. Someshit crashed war2 and shockley most didn't hence above.... lambchops and lance is correct. You might dsync if not all have it or only host needs to set it. I almost had it so the slots where open for save files and mlts files shit crashed or people couldn't join but the other shit worked. If there is enough demand I can reverse it out and see if it crashes or not.

So you want to make UMS have random spots instead of fixed order?

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2019, 07:51:57 PM »
Pretty amusing how Lambhax said I planned to do some sort of war2 modification,  and then directly after that volunteered me to do some sort of mod.  Thats a bit presumptive if not outright laughable.  When war2custom was rejected,  along with it went my passion and will to ever help war2 in a coding manor ever again,  that passion has never returned and I have no plans to rekindle it.  I am fine with just the way things are and have stated such in several different places now (in-game, discord, and here).  It's common knowledge that I wont lift a finger for war2 as far as improving it goes.  I'll give opinions and guidance when I have a few spare minutes and thats the end of it.  For those that dont realize this,  war2custom DID have the ability to modify the default map settings with the page up/down keys which would (in game lobby),  enable/disable fixed order and would announce in the chat that it was toggled on/off.  I had many changes that worked in a similar way.  I also had a protocol that allowed each client to report it's memory stack to the server and even to each other for obvious reasons.  If someone has the latest version of it,  you can probably dissect it.  I no longer have the source or the binaries.  I dumped it long long ago.  You can thank burnt, tupac, blid, and the countless others who claimed that it was just a 'virus' for that and for my change in willingness to modify anything for war2 ever again.  I will not subject myself to such toxicity ever again.

Your actions called for it mother fucker! You hijacked the client and re wrote the gateway back to the shitty custom server you had.... that's malicious so dont play innocent you literally split the server and stole ils property and community. When he reversed your newb shit and the DNS was cleared after 48 hours your server never seen another connection again. You also called some host.dlll that stayed running on pcs, you claimed it was a legitimate windows file but sadly that was a file I seen running from a fresh install of windows.... that's a huge red flag either so you coded like shit and didnt release it or it definitely was malicious because that file stayed loaded after war2 custom was closed. You're actions got called out!

No thanks!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 07:57:38 PM by tupac »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2019, 08:02:25 PM »
...while Tupac currently splits the community

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2019, 08:05:43 PM »
I still see nothing wrong with Feature or how he handled himself.  He was a very fair and logical person. BTW feature wasnt around with war2custom,  that fiasco was years before war2custom,  you are thinking of $pace,  but the same thing happened to him and he indeed DID eventually start to fight back and went off the deep end but in his defense,  he was pushed pretty hard in ways that no one should have had to endure.  There were a lot of NON-factual statements/stories made up about both of them simply because people were using him as a way to diminish whatever I was doing.  They couldnt really come up with valid arguments so they would just make up stories about how he did this or that,  etc.  None of which was really all that true (all of which came out years later, but still,  it wasnt cool).  He (Feature,  $pace wasnt as level headed as feature imo) was one of the better people that was literally run out of town around here in much the same way people attempted to do that with me.  Why?  Because I threatened their power/authority.  That was the sole reason for the entire shitstorm.  What you have today is a direct result of that.  All these changes being proposed now is just a regurgitation of areas this community has already rejected in a disgusting manor (many times,  this isnt the first, second, or even third time someone has tried to change things).  Eventually one of you (I assume lambhax) is going to break away,  make their own server,  its going to get attacked left and right, and then we'll be right back at the beginning.  It's like a never ending cycle around here.

Thank you dumbass you just admitted your the ddos newb lol... so when a server is made its attacked hmmm how you can predict such things?

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2019, 08:08:59 PM »

People come to my server for peaceful casual war2 games. It's a choice they made, it's not splitting the community at all. People made a choice to go else where and I provided it. They want to be less involved with people like you tk.

So I'll stop recommending anything war2ru related. I included it in my gateways for a reason. But trust me that will change very soon!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2019, 08:24:01 PM »
Go for it Lance, stop talking shit and make yourself useful. :thumbsup:

I will not subject myself to such toxicity ever again.

So you just reproduce it for others then?

Nice effort shit-talking and contributing nothing. You're a legend.

Thats right.

So we agree. You have nothing to offer and are just being toxic because everything you tried failed. Sad.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2019, 09:23:32 PM »

People come to my server for peaceful casual war2 games. It's a choice they made, it's not splitting the community at all. People made a choice to go else where and I provided it. They want to be less involved with people like you tk.

So I'll stop recommending anything war2ru related. I included it in my gateways for a reason. But trust me that will change very soon!

im the epitome of peace, acceptance, and tranquility.

i've never been to your server. but based on whispers around the community it's very dead... but dead or alive is beside the point. the point is that you attempted to split the community.