Author Topic: Different balance Idea  (Read 2783 times)

Offline WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Different balance Idea
« on: September 25, 2019, 06:23:17 PM »
Obviously my stance is keep warcraft 2 pure but thought of a different way to balance the game but maintain the same gameplay

Humans and orcs have different play styles

Humans have to  be more evaisive, hit and run tactics and defense prone

Ogres/ogresmages move slightly slower > This means knights have the speed edge, can dodge bloodlusted ogres more easy and out flank, this change would maintain the gameplay of lusts dominate but make it more accesiable for a skilled human player to outplay an lusted orc
Deathknights move slightly slower - to make mages more powerful, since mage heavy is vital for humans, a small boost to make there mages stand out over dks

There is still a counter as an orc as it would also boost up the use of haste as now it works on ogres and deathknights more vitally needed.

Fix the spells that arent used not change the core gameplay

Skeletons cost way less mana, same damage but huge speed boost

Fireball mana cost down signifcantly, so a full mana mage can cast 6-7 fireballs in a row rather then 2.

Make flamesheild be able to cast on buildings for defense

Another idea for knights is (i forgot what the stat actually is) but say it does random damage between 2 and 12 attack points, rather then doing more damage raise the lower number of random damage so the knight does between 6- and 12, so a knight generally beats an unlusted ogre

This is just theory obviously im not saying make the changes but what you guys think
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 06:25:32 PM by WillTheRealKoorbStandUp »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
Re: Different balance Idea
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 06:33:40 PM »
it just needs new players like gog can get most of them was sent from burnt to over here..the other ones are just gonna see a empty room and disconnected and a malfuctioning ddraw..

bloodlust has to stay casue as a orc strategy you know they are going for it...when someone uses humans they are trying to take you out before it,, all you got is people searching for a rts plain and simple..hopefully they will read il post there.

you want orcs to go bloodlust over dk's

all everyone is doing is to turn humans into offensive..you got to really stand back and look at the game..paper boy is 100x a human player than me..how he took me out took a little note ..he can take a orc out

humans seem to run beter on being aggravating as hell than turning into a mass war

:o i hope noone playing that wow keep you up for days rebirth wowdetox..war2 needs stay way it is pissed off and short youll get some sleep
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 07:20:08 PM by easycompany »

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 12:53:20 AM »
I think the attack functions of a mage's fireball should be the same as the fireball from air units. The fireball of an air unit hits the selected target 100%, no matter how fast the target is moving or how slow the animation is, i.e you can't dodge them. Mage fireballs, however, can easily be dodged or miscast.  :ok_hand:

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 09:07:58 AM »
well lets change war2 .. all we gotta do is use a custom exe or lamb dll

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 10:13:06 AM »
I think the attack functions of a mage's fireball should be the same as the fireball from air units. The fireball of an air unit hits the selected target 100%, no matter how fast the target is moving or how slow the animation is, i.e you can't dodge them. Mage fireballs, however, can easily be dodged or miscast.  :ok_hand:

Mage fireballs are totally unlike any normal attack... even if the graphics are the same. It works like a ground attack.

Fireball has the biggest range of any attack in the game. They do not really target units. If you target a unit it is cast at the spot where the unit is standing when you target it. Its a straight line AOE spell.

I hardly ever play human, but IMO fireball is hugely under-utilized by mage guys.

What you are suggesting would end up with fireballs weaving around like guided missiles. What if you target a hasted dk at max range that is running the other diretion?

LFAO ... "just change the stuff I want to change ... do anything else and i'll yell abuse at you"

Go for it buddy ;D You fix the spells and change the knight move speed. Have at it bahahaha ;D

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 10:40:19 AM »
What you are suggesting would end up with fireballs weaving around like guided missiles. What if you target a hasted dk at max range that is running the other diretion?
Not hard to imagine, that's just death coil.

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 07:38:01 PM »

Mage fireballs are totally unlike any normal attack... even if the graphics are the same. It works like a ground attack.

Fireball has the biggest range of any attack in the game. They do not really target units. If you target a unit it is cast at the spot where the unit is standing when you target it. Its a straight line AOE spell.

I hardly ever play human, but IMO fireball is hugely under-utilized by mage guys.

LFAO ... "just change the stuff I want to change ... do anything else and i'll yell abuse at you"

Go for it buddy ;D You fix the spells and change the knight move speed. Have at it bahahaha ;D

See the difference here is this is just theory, im not saying making these changes at all, id disagree to to them.. Just concept you butthurt idiot. Seriously you a convicted hacker trying to compare yourself making hacks and ruining the game, to me making a thread about concept on how it could be balanced in THEORY.

You suck at the game and you suck at the forums. Just leave it at that you butthurt convicted hacker

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 08:43:54 PM »
Not hard to imagine, that's just death coil.

Death coil is a more traditional AOE spell with a much smaller (but wider) target area and a HP cap on the effect. The animation displayed represents some sort of projectile hitting the affected units, but (unlike FB) that is not how the spell works.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 08:56:39 PM »
you a convicted hacker trying to compare yourself making hacks and ruining the game, to me making a thread about concept on how it could be balanced in THEORY.

LOL fail. Just because the polish nazi talks shit on the forum doesn't make it true.

My only comparison was of your behavior, and you have just proved my point again.

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019, 09:20:00 PM »
you a convicted hacker trying to compare yourself making hacks and ruining the game, to me making a thread about concept on how it could be balanced in THEORY.

LOL fail. Just because the polish nazi talks shit on the forum doesn't make it true.

My only comparison was of your behavior, and you have just proved my point again.

No point of yours has been proven, you came into my thread talking sh1t because your butthurt about what was said about you in a thread reguaridng you cheating and making hacks, something like 6-7 weeks ago or longer. There is no revelance for you to bring up any issue other then your clearly still tad upset and butthurt. Your behavior is the one that has been appaling, hacking and making hacks.

This is the part were you accept that you are owned bro, 2-0 no re gg.

Offline (PLS DELETE MY ACC)

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 03:31:44 AM »
Just because the polish nazi talks shit on the forum doesn't make it true.
HOW CAN U SAY THAT IF THERE'S A VID WITH OBVIOUS DISPLAY OF THE HACKS AND YOUVE BEEN BANNED BY BLID FOR 3 DAYZ? HMM...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LC4YCh9Hg0
TOTALLY UNBIASED CHOP VIDEO

NOTHING (EXCEPT FOR A SUPER FRESH ADMIN) CAN STOP THE VANIMAL!

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2019, 06:22:43 AM »
No point of yours has been proven, you came into my thread talking sh1t because your butthurt about what was said about you in a thread reguaridng you cheating and making hacks, something like 6-7 weeks ago or longer. There is no revelance for you to bring up any issue other then your clearly still tad upset and butthurt. Your behavior is the one that has been appaling, hacking and making hacks.

Bahaha ;D really? You continually yell abuse because you've got nothing else. Seriously the first time I knew you existed was because you started calling me a "retard" on this forum, which would have been lame and unimaginative 20 years ago, but in 2019 it's proof that you have a serious brain function deficit.

Now please, continue your highly derivative discussion of proposed game mods that you could never achieve.

Have a banana ;)

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2019, 08:54:48 AM »
looks like it would become more of a flameshield except it will turn into fireball on contact

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2019, 10:13:24 PM »

Bahaha ;D really? You continually yell abuse because you've got nothing else. Seriously the first time I knew you existed was because you started calling me a "retard" on this forum, which would have been lame and unimaginative 20 years ago, but in 2019 it's proof that you have a serious brain function deficit.

Now please, continue your highly derivative discussion of proposed game mods that you could never achieve.

Have a banana ;)

The reason you never heard of me is because it's you that's that unknown newbie. So you just self-owned yourself on that one.

This is what forums are for, discussion..

Nice try but owned again 3-0 GG