Author Topic: What causes ss to save as png  (Read 1851 times)

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
What causes ss to save as png
« on: October 08, 2019, 08:09:45 PM »
Stupid question.  What causes a War2 SS to be saved as a .png instead of a PCX?  I suspect absolutely NOTHING but $lick seems to be adamant that all the ss's in his war2 dir are .png files and there are zero .pcx files.  He says he takes them using the PS button (which is normal) but a PCX is never generated.  I checked the metadata from one of them and it doesnt have anything useful in it at all to identify what generated the file and it didnt look edited in any way.  I asked him for a SS twice in 2 different games.  The first one was just me being curious about where his shit was.  He said he took the SS (while I had it paused),  but of course,  no SS was dropped.  So we played again and I randomly paused this time and asked again.   This time however, he took about 15 mins to find a ".png" file.  I dont believe he hacks but stranger shit has happened.  Is there something in win10 that causes this to happen?  I dont use Win10 and never will so I dont feel like trying to reproduce it myself.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: What causes ss to save as png
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 08:21:33 PM »
Maybe some external SS app that is monitoring the PrtScr key and producing SS. WC2 doesn't produce or use .png files at all ofc.

If that were the case though, I doubt they would be being saved to the Warcraft II folder, but maybe, who knows.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 01:46:03 AM »
Maybe he open paint paste there and save it?
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 07:39:01 AM »
PNG files named like this
"warcraft_ii-2019-07-30-12_05_53.png"
means cnc-ddraw version is used

PCX must be saved same place, but:
If you already saved a screenshot with UAC Enabled:
...Follow these instructions:

Navigate to your User folder at C:\Users\YourName
    If hidden files are not visible follow this short tutorial to show them
    Navigate to the folder AppData > Local > VirtualStore > Program Files > War2combat
    Your screenshot(s) should be saved in this directory. (They will have a .pcx extension)
    Please consider disabling UAC for easier screenshot retrieval in the future! :)

http://en.war2.ru/support/taking-finding-screenshots/#1

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 04:24:59 PM »
^seems to be correct its the ddraw

the bottom 2 are pcx, i must of changed my ddraw..cause some lag more than others