Author Topic: Going to try to get a few games in this morning & Stream  (Read 2146 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
  • retired, be in music section
    • View Profile
Re: Going to try to get a few games in this morning & Stream
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 06:08:28 PM »
well tk robbing your post...god showed up to help a home owner today...they got the good ole Lowe's treatment for tools

noticed the caked on mud ..that's why hgtv lies to people and they start screwing there houses up

finished his dining room for him ...notice the roller a godsend for applying mud without a big mess :o

but thats how people screw there houses up they get some lowes emplyee and there they go off to a nightmare they never new existed

his bathroom is ruined by someone that couldnt paint so we had to spread mud over his whole bathroom walls

step  2 will come hooking a dewalt sander to a shopvac  ;D the other nasty side of sheetrock if u never experienced

not a happy home owner he is like frosty
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 09:06:25 PM by easycompany »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 07:27:03 PM »
which is just foam rubber to be a vibrating dust  barrier with masking to tape to make sunction  ;D people still do this shit the hell way

one thing is true i hate buying dewalt but i got like 1000's of hrs on this one sander blew out 4 or 5 replacement pads  that i made for it ..the motor will not stop
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 07:30:07 PM by easycompany »

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 10:05:17 PM »
in other fucking words home owners should never touch thier house

Offline BlackMuslim

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 10:50:17 PM »
TK my friend, I see you online but I see no stream. Please stream so I may see your magnificent skill in all its glory, and also your handsome rugged face.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 11:08:59 PM »
lol Easycompay. that's some shit right there.

sorry blackmuslim... i did stream, but no rugged face.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 12:07:37 PM »
What do you do for work easy company

I've never seen anyone use a roller to apply mud. U just go back over it with a trowel? How'd u get in corners?

That sounds like a really fked up paint job where u cant just re-paint over it

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2019, 10:37:32 PM »
we do about everything except electrician stuff..but we are mainly concrete and sheetrock

this is just a private owner wanting some help...(which we are pretty much doing the whole house the sheetrock is cracked in corners on settling...he has the living room in that wood panel so we are going to mud the joints of them so hopefully will give a flat surface for painting them)

yeah i go back over with a trowel ...it just keeps me from getting woreout  applying, i dont do the whole thing, just to get the mud to a spot to work it..

i did do it with the tray and stuff but ull start getting wore down and ull start dropping mud and i always make a mess using the tray ...i do use it to put the excess in

well that roller is rounded on the end so its not flat, it can...but i just put mud there and use the corner trowel to do the corners  ...its just to get away from the tray lol

yeah idk the bathroom walls feel like sand paper and runs  ....yeah they have to go ...putting water in some mud and mixing it up helps it spread way easier

if a pro painters paints over a crappy painter...its still gonna look like a crappy painter lol
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:54:21 PM by easycompany »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2019, 10:58:50 PM »
Lol right on. U ever use those sanding pads that u attach to the end of a smaller extension pole? Like to get the paint fuzz off after u spray your first coat of paint to prep it for cutting in/ rolling out

Offline shesycompany

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2019, 11:10:51 PM »
well i just use a sand block to knock stuff off..but i hate sanding paint to much as it can have lead.

if it was just 1 run not lots, i would  just cut it out and mud that section back.

and the sand papper feel is 100% of the paint job they must of rolled sand on it.. i never felt anything like it.

gonna let the dude sand on it tomorrow for 15 mins lol the old way with the pole sander :D  we got them covered...just need to be sanded and fix what spots we find
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 11:21:15 PM by easycompany »