Poll

Should he face increasingly longer bans for his verbal attacks on other players?

Yes
23 (69.7%)
No
10 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Should Van face consequences for his toxic behavior towards others  (Read 14634 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Should Van face consequences for his toxic behavior towards others
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2019, 09:14:59 AM »
If polls are manipulated, and overwhelming support to ban.. he will be getting banned. If no manipulation,  hes safe.

Offline maciek

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2019, 09:25:48 AM »
IMO best solution is to ask il to change regulations about verbal abuse. If van continue to do so then ban. You can't really ban someone basing on forum poll.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2019, 09:46:07 AM »
I'm definitely not opposed to going to the drawing board and making some black and white rules. I actually brought it up to other admins privately a few months back.. not opposes to that. But do we really need rules written down to know that you shouldn't consistently act the way van acts.. that its not ok?

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2019, 10:54:00 AM »
Why you are accept mutliaccount from one person, if burnt is muted, now he should get banned for second account

For 1 I never made multi-account.

2. Just a reminder of the type of person I am to him, compared to type of person he is to me.

Very low of burnt "I have everyone link to win money, so winner cant argue/disagree with me"
Very low

We all see the type of person you are TK  by your comments about van's wife. Keep crying that you can't ban van!

Didnt know its possible to change name
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2019, 11:17:48 AM »
@iL @Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart) @mousEtopher

Can any of you confirm whether there were multiple votes from the same person (outlaw and xurnt for example) on the poll? And if so what the real voting numbers are?
I can't see the results. You set it to private when you created it  :sweat:

Maybe as admins iL and Mouse could see it, but anyway, I voted no...

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2019, 11:23:40 AM »
I actually agree with Warbux that there should be rules or warnings before we go banning people.  This community has consistently voted against punishing people for bad behavior, and mostly has only supported bans for hacking.

I think having a set of rules we follow is for the best, but I also believe in contextual decision-making and common sense.  So, for example, the appropriate thing here (if people think Van is a problem) would be to announce a rule such as:

"Civil behavior is expected from players on this server.  We will not hand down punishment lightly, but repeated complaints against a user can result in a temporary or permanent ban."  Then admins can use their own discretion based on complaints and history if someone is running afoul of that rule.  Tbh van is likely the only violator.  But we should roll something like that out, with the approval of the community, and then wait and see how van behaves before taking any action against him -- imho.

Offline (PLS DELETE MY ACC)

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2019, 11:28:59 AM »
YES GO WITH THAT! THAT WAY I WONT BE ANGRY

VAN WILL OBVIOUSLY GET BANNED ANYWAYS
THEN SHITSTORM & CRAZY BURTON
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LC4YCh9Hg0
TOTALLY UNBIASED CHOP VIDEO

NOTHING (EXCEPT FOR A SUPER FRESH ADMIN) CAN STOP THE VANIMAL!

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2019, 11:31:26 AM »
"Civil behavior is expected from players on this server.  We will not hand down punishment lightly, but repeated complaints against a user can result in a temporary or permanent ban."
ACTUALLY WAIT!

YOU MEAN IN LITERALLY ALL OF THE PLACES? PRIVATE CHANNELS? PRIVATE LOBBIEZ? PRIVATE GAMES? PRIVATE GAMES WITH BOTS THAT ARE BROADCASTED BY TWITCH?
OR WE TALKIN' PUBLIC CHAT, DESCRIPTION N USERNAMES ONLY, AS IT WAS IN THE INFAMOUS RACISM CASE

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2019, 11:35:41 AM »
I guess only il and mouse can see results.

Van has been banned from the server in the past for his behavior. This definitely isn't the first time this has come up.

This needs to be resolved one way or another. The toxicity (primarily and consistently from van) is doing the server as a whole no favors.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2019, 11:36:17 AM »
"Civil behavior is expected from players on this server.  We will not hand down punishment lightly, but repeated complaints against a user can result in a temporary or permanent ban."
ACTUALLY WAIT!

YOU MEAN IN LITERALLY ALL OF THE PLACES? PRIVATE CHANNELS? PRIVATE LOBBIEZ? PRIVATE GAMES? PRIVATE GAMES WITH BOTS THAT ARE BROADCASTED BY TWITCH?
OR WE TALKIN' PUBLIC CHAT, DESCRIPTION N USERNAMES ONLY, AS IT WAS IN THE INFAMOUS RACISM CASE
I just threw that rule together on the spot, but as you see i made it based on complaints, so basically you can say whatever the hell you want in privacy as long as the people you're with are cool with it.  If you're harassing people or pissing off people that can see the messages, and they complain to us about it, then you could be banned!  A single complaint wouldnt get anyone in trouble so users wouldnt be allowed to play "gotcha!" and catch someone saying something rude once and use it against them.  A stack of complaints would get someone banned, short-term at first probably but eventually longer-term

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2019, 11:46:29 AM »
To me this is just a common sense issue. The need for drawn out black and lines is a bit silly imo. Even if there are black and white lines, every situation is going to be different and have gray areas that ultimately end up being at the discretion of the admins/community any way.

Van is blatantly and consistently spewing racist/hateful attacks on other players.. whether it's in game, in lobby, or through private messages. Why are we tolerating this.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2019, 11:54:10 AM »
yo I also siad it's a common sense issue, and should be judged through common sense and not black and white, using context and history.  Only difference is i said we should get community support for the enforcement policy, then announce it, and then start acting as needed, instead of banning first and then saying hey guys we're banning for this lol
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 11:56:36 AM by Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart) »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2019, 11:56:29 AM »
I feel like it should be common sense that constant toxic/aggressive behavior towards other people will eventually render consequences.

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2019, 11:56:50 AM »
BLID AND TK ALREADY KNOW... THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THE VANIMAL IS TO BAN HIM!