Poll

Should he face increasingly longer bans for his verbal attacks on other players?

Yes
23 (69.7%)
No
10 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Should Van face consequences for his toxic behavior towards others  (Read 14644 times)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Re: Should Van face consequences for his toxic behavior towards others
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2019, 11:57:19 AM »
BLID AND TK ALREADY KNOW... THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THE VANIMAL IS TO BAN HIM!

nobody can stop the vanimal =)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2019, 11:57:30 AM »
I feel like it should be common sense that constant toxic/aggressive behavior towards other people will eventually render consequences.
There's a history of polls on this very forum where people voted against any behavior standards outside of public chat/name slurs

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2019, 11:58:28 AM »
And he has been punished for the same behavior in the past I believe. It's like we just accepted that hes always going to attack others. A cop out on our part. (I'm guilty of it I admit)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2019, 11:59:08 AM »
I feel like it should be common sense that constant toxic/aggressive behavior towards other people will eventually render consequences.
There's a history of polls on this very forum where people voted against any behavior standards outside of public chat/name slurs
And at one point I was on that side of the fence.. I'm definitely kicking myself for taking that position in the past.

We dont need overzealous admins.. but taking action against van is pretty clearly not overzealous

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2019, 12:08:57 PM »
Keep in mind I'm not disagreeing with you or saying Van's behavior should be protected. I'm only saying we have a history of not punishing for much of this behavior and if we are going to change that we should go about it the right way.  http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,163.0.html

I would support changing it to keep people from taking things as far as Van does.  It doesn't bother me personally (and i recall you in the past telling babyshark to suck it up because van does it to everyone) but I can still acknowledge he is extremely abusive and bad for the community and i'd be behind updating things to prevent that kind of behavior.  Start a poll on that and if people agree, and if van continues to act this way, we can sweep the vanimal outta here

Offline (PLS DELETE MY ACC)

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2019, 12:13:12 PM »
THAT POLL SHOULD ALSO BE AN OPPORTUNITY TO BRING RACISM BACK ON THE TABLE, IF THATS WHAT PEOPLE WANT/DECIDE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LC4YCh9Hg0
TOTALLY UNBIASED CHOP VIDEO

NOTHING (EXCEPT FOR A SUPER FRESH ADMIN) CAN STOP THE VANIMAL!

Offline Fredrik Eriksson

• Grunt
  • Grosshandlaren i Enköping
    • View Profile
    • Grosshandlaren
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2019, 02:50:15 PM »
Please remind me of the opposite, but since TK became admin it has only become more n more negative words spreaded in the community.

It seems to be personal, first Burnt n now VAN.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2019, 03:08:10 PM »
1) do you even war2? Or do u have a known aka?

Burnt spewed lies about multiple players Including admins. I didnt tell him to do that.

Van has been attacking players on the server for years. Completely unwarranted.

Remind me how I am somehow the cause of any of this

Hint: I'm not. At all... am I calling them out on their bullshit? Yup.

It's been the wild wild west for a really long time around here. Many seem ok with it. Many seem not ok with it.

My position is that as an admin that plans on investing time and money in the server, I want a bit of an insurance policy in the form of just a small amount of order.. small amount of justice.. small amount of consequences for people just blatantly violating common sense behavior.

If I invest time/money into the server I dont want to be able to blame someone as toxic as van for not succeeding.

Even if that was no part of my motive,  is it crazy to say we should all adhere to SOME level of respect towards each other? Some lines we won't intentionally cross on a daily basis? No?

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2019, 03:12:53 PM »
While I dont like babyshark for the most part.. I do think she was an infinitely more valuable member of the community than van.

If strongly encouraging/forcing van to conduct himself with some sort of civility means her and her friends come back and play/host more regularly, that's a good thing in my mind.

Offline Fredrik Eriksson

• Grunt
  • Grosshandlaren i Enköping
    • View Profile
    • Grosshandlaren
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2019, 03:42:47 PM »
U wanna do something for the server, a good idea would be focus on n develop positive things. This way u do now, will never work for an old game n community as W2.

And yes I play W2 and have been for last 20 years. My aka is no secret and could easily be found out. But I wont tell you cause maybe you will make a stupoid poll n let me get banned :)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2019, 03:42:51 PM »
Please remind me of the opposite, but since TK became admin it has only become more n more negative words spreaded in the community.

ding ding ding we have a winner!

It's because van was witness of Blid logging in after the 00Jordanus game is why he is the target now. They never did answer to why they unfairly muted me when I broke no server rules. Oh ya because I caught the admin/his buddy abusing his own ladder.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2019, 03:45:48 PM »
Oh ffs...

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2019, 03:49:34 PM »
I'm done with this shit. Next time van is seen using racial attacks towards others or just down right attacking/harassing others unprovoked I'm issuing a 3 day ban.

If anyone has issues they can discuss it with iL

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2019, 03:55:00 PM »

ding ding ding we have a winner!

It's because van was witness of Blid logging in after the 00Jordanus game is why he is the target now. They never did answer to why they unfairly muted me when I broke no server rules. Oh ya because I caught the admin/his buddy abusing his own ladder.
I didn't log on right after that game and I have nothing to do with any of that bullshit.  I've proved it.  And you were not unfairly muted.  You were muted to try to help you remove yourself from a situation that was causing you extreme confusion and distress.  I unmuted you after I got a plea from ilyich who convinced me it was more helpful to let you continue than try to force any sort of mental health vacation.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2019, 03:55:46 PM »
I'm done with this shit. Next time van is seen using racial attacks towards others or just down right attacking/harassing others unprovoked I'm issuing a 3 day ban.

If anyone has issues they can discuss it with iL
I still think we should post a thread about it first and get community approval, and then write down how we're going to handle it, but if that's what you're going to do please make sure to change the main channel topic with an announcement of the policy, so everyone gets the message and is informed.