Poll

Civil behavior is expected from players on this server.  We will not hand down punishment lightly, but repeated complaints against a user can result in a temporary or permanent ban at the discretion of our administrators.

Yes
18 (66.7%)
No
9 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: November 09, 2019, 05:18:49 PM

Author Topic: Does the community support the following rule:  (Read 7430 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
Does the community support the following rule:
« on: November 04, 2019, 05:18:49 PM »
Blid: Civil behavior is expected from players on this server.  We will not hand down punishment lightly, but repeated complaints against a user can result in a temporary or permanent ban at the discretion of our administrators.

tk: By civil, my idea is anything that's blatantly excessive and recurring. Standard shit talk on an online game is to be expected. Standard shit talk is not what this is about.

I think it's appropriate that any form of punishment (kicks, mutes, bans) is not only proportional to the offense, but should also require evidence supporting the punishment (screen shots particularly)

Just looking for common sense stuff here.

If a punishment is handed out by me or any other admin that is questionably an abuse of power, im sure iL will have no problem removing that admin like he has done in the past.

Yes - support common sense administrative action
No - don't support common sense administrative action

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Re: Does the community support the following rule:
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 05:25:08 PM »
The community has been on a decline since tk came on as admin. He hasn't done anything for anyone but harrass me, and now harrass van.

Don't let your rights as players to trash talk be taken away!

I didn't log on right after that game and I have nothing to do with any of that bullshit.

This is the real reason they are targeting the vanimal. He called blid out about him and his friend 00jordan abusing his own ladder. Swift being a baby over losing to me so since they can't take me out they are on a witch hunt to take out my best friend and partner on the game.. The vanimal

Also reminder to those reading I was unfairly muted and attacked by these same admins and broke NO forum rules. I was muted for 30 days then a week before players petitioned to bring me back. They will do the same to you if you do not stand up for your rights while you still can. These guys are corrupt and must be stopped at all costs.

iL / Tora / Kagan and Warbux will be here to unban van

The vanimal will live on forever!

Signed-  x-DW-x)BuRnT( aka XuRnT aka The Dark Warrior aka The Outlaw!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 06:51:12 PM by outlaw[z] »

Offline LTFan

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 06:15:29 PM »
I have said this before and I will say it again. There is a large difference between trash talking and just being an awful person. There are a few people on this server who are just genuinely terrible people who do not deserve a place to play this game. Part of the reason I never log in anymore is because of these people. I never thought I would say this but good job TK on taking a stand for something that has needed to be done for quite a few years.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 06:23:42 PM »
thanks man

Offline d0ng3rdik

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 06:34:48 PM »
Snowflakes

Offline d0ng3rdik

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 09:19:25 PM »
my observation from reading the forums is you guys love thIs drama.

I have trouble understanding why anyone holds any value into what someone who doesn’t even know you personally says or invests any energy into standing up against a “bully” (random guy on the internet using it as an outlet for attention).

This type of trolling isn’t anything new, but sure does get the job done for the little effort it takes!

Do guys actually think he does this away for the computer.

Do you guys actually think burnt and van think they are good.

Offline brando

• Critter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 09:20:59 PM »
I used to enjoy playing war2.  I quit because I like to surround myself with positivity in everyday life.  War2 definitely does NOT supply positivity.  There is a difference between talking shit and pure evil toxicity.  The latter has what killed the game.  Good luck

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 09:35:53 PM »
or slash their throats while they sleep

You're the same person who attacked me  repeatedly after I told you he said that to me in more detail. Yet here you are, pretending once again like you care about what he said to me. If you wanna use examples of things you care about that he says, don't include what he said to me. It's very phoney. I don't like van, I want him banned as much as everyone else before you once again turn it into a "you support van! you're protecting him" argument after you get called out on being disingenuous. I defended him when you contacted his family, but that never changed my stance on if he should be banned.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 02:30:01 AM »
LOL... tk gets called out for being a shitty admin and not ATTRACTING NEW PLAYERS like he said he was going to .... responds by attacking old players and wanting to ban them.

Some of the stuff van says is fully aweful and should be 100% bannable I said all of that years ago before the community got split .... but LMFAO at the sheer hypocracy. You all have been sledging trolling and straight out abusing people for years and openly defending the practice as policy.

How many new players did you find this week tk? .... none? ok ban an old one then ;D

-- edit --

I really do support this long overdue move in the right direction, you'll have to excuse my cynicism as to its origin ;)

And yes tk should 100% have his admin revoked for sitting in the channel publicly calling anyone's wife a meth-head. Surely our admins should be held to at least the same standard as the players. Great official representation there, way to grow the server and welcome new players. THAT STUFF SHOULD NEVER BE IN BLUE FONT IN THE MAIN CHANNEL

... seriously wtf? He's been abusing people for a decade and you support it then he says something about YOUR wife and you want to ban him? What a fkn hypocrite.

Ban both of them ... TK FIRST
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 03:12:30 AM by Lambchops »
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 04:55:28 AM »
You're a cheating loser and also have a weird obsession with trying to track people down and where they live using their ip. You're really creepy and people need to keep their children far away from you. Which cannot be said about the vanimal..

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 07:37:55 AM »
I honestly don't even read anything lambchops posts anymore. I'm pretty much at that point with burnt also.

On a side note, I did accidentally install has plugins in the 45 version of combat. Being able to see the map in the game Lobby was cool, but glitchy. It flashed on and off sporadically. The people's names when they join the check game was a nice touch. I was indifferent towards the text that appeared when you changed latency though.  Sometimes low-latency exacerbates lag, so it's not technically always the best.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 08:03:31 AM »
I honestly don't even read anything lambchops posts anymore. I'm pretty much at that point with burnt also.

If you really don't read it then don't bother commenting that you don't .... just ignore it like I do every time Winchester does the weird stalking thing where he posts some crazy rant about me every time I post something ;)

On a side note, I did accidentally install has plugins in the 45 version of combat. Being able to see the map in the game Lobby was cool, but glitchy. It flashed on and off sporadically. The people's names when they join the check game was a nice touch. I was indifferent towards the text that appeared when you changed latency though.  Sometimes low-latency exacerbates lag, so it's not technically always the best.

I've never seen the lobby map flash on and off... not even sure it's possible TBH ( maybe with some other ddraw? but it still seems unlikely)

If it doesn't display immediately or after map dl just touch the race change and it will update the screen.
its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2019, 08:08:22 AM »
Yeah.. when every response to anything I do is emotionally driven as opposed to logically thought out (because I didnt support your chop bars and strongly opposed your macro hacks) there's not much room for conversation.

I was streaming.. u can see the map flash in and out twitch.tv/war2teacher

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2019, 08:53:36 AM »
If you really don't read it then don't bother commenting that you don't

As he says

like I do every time Winchester does the weird stalking thing where he posts some crazy rant

But you don't read it, but you magically know what it is right?

Back to the drawing board for what to lie about next rofl