How about supporting remastered graphics? it needs the screen resolution 320x200 to 640 x 480(400?)
This is not a remastered graphics. This is just upscale with ugly filter. I think it would be better to add possibility to use filters instead of separate graphic pack for each of them.
But I think about graphic extensions. Case one is a resources pack, with higher resolution. But as far we have no graphic for it (and I think will not have for a long time) I postponed this case.
Case to is making "Warcraft lib" which can be added to modern engine, for example, Unity. In this case all the game will be calculated in this lib, but all the input/output will be handled by Unity. You can make any graphic you want, but you need to grab some Objects data from lib and take some parameters (like position, animation frame, timings, hit bars) into accound. theoretically you can have 3D game (like War 3) which can be played with original War 1 under DosBox.
In any case all these extensions can be planned only for far future.
The nearest plan is next:
Find testers to finalize bugfixind
2. Finalize some unfinished items. Almost done (Left: score calculation, outtro movie, playing without sound, some small TODOs).
3. Add some features for Android version to make control more suitable. Under construction.
4. Wait for Russian and Ukrainian localization. In progress.
5. May be someone will test WinWar campaign with localization. Waiting for 3.
6. Test AI
7. Publish version 0.5.
8. Improve multiplayer mode (to have higher speed) for WinWar only.
9. (Optional) Add launcher for DosBox to support possible new multiplayer mode
10. Add observer mode.
11. (Optional) Allow to use Mac version resources (most of sprites in this version are quite bad, only movies can be fine)
12. Add War2 control style for single player mode.
13. Make a map editor and custom map support.
14. Make some utilities to work with game resources (now only font editor is working)
=========FAR FUTURE (looks like never)==============
15. Add PVPGN support
16. Add graphic enhancements
17. Add new AI, maybe support plugins for AI.
18. Support more than 2 players.
Maybe I have missed some items.