Author Topic: [done] il  (Read 8872 times)

Offline facebreaker

• Peon
    • View Profile
[done] il
« on: March 06, 2015, 04:18:50 AM »
Just because someone acts offended and starts labelling a thread with the word 'flame'  doesnt mean u automatically move it to flame.
you gotta be a lil empathic to whats being discussed, read thread objectively.  See how he(teron) appeared with direct attacks. Not me.
On the other side of the coin: that thread i think belongs to main subforum cuz its being discussed the integrity of one of the players. Which is in best interest for everyone here (like the martin case)

You already moved it, im not asking you to move it back.  But id ask you, to instead to rushing in move a thread to the flame area, first consult it with your other fellow admins see what their opinion is, like you could post in the admin only subforum saying 'hey, im flagging this one as flame what do you all think'
Like give it a few hours then proceed to whatever action feels right.
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,539.msg7209.html#new
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:15:06 PM by mousEtopher »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: il
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 04:44:55 AM »
it did belong to flame wars though. at least half of it

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 04:56:14 AM »
The original post itself was a flame as it did not show someone purportedly discing but rather many assumptions.
This is the reason I ended it all.

The newb, the mad and the retired.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 05:50:46 AM »
Just because someone acts offended and starts labelling a thread with the word 'flame'  doesnt mean u automatically move it to flame.
you gotta be a lil empathic to whats being discussed, read thread objectively.

How i see it: this thread is a negative assessment about the discussed person from your side (with some kind of flame in the topic subject and since the 2-nd post).
It's also several posts of flame and counterflame from others.

I think Flame Wars is the section for such topics.
Moving to Flame Wars doesn't mean to throw that away, just a good section to discuss people and why you dislike them.

When you caught a cheater, you post to support requests about banning, otherwise flame wars is place to share your suspicions with others and let them share their suspicions againt you.

Which is in best interest for everyone here (like the martin case)

I think matrin thread (this: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,89.0.html) should be placed into flame section also.

But id ask you, to instead to rushing in move a thread to the flame area, first consult it with your other fellow admins see what their opinion is, like you could post in the admin only subforum saying 'hey, im flagging this one as flame what do you all think'

That's fair, i just think this question is just technical and obvious to discuss that.
Also, i don't see a problem to undo my changes if needed.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 05:53:53 AM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 07:13:05 AM »
I think you made the right call. The point of the thread is to call out another player, the fact that it's on WC2 is incidental.

I think matrin thread (this: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,89.0.html) should be placed into flame section also.

Feel free to move that and any other thread if you think it's appropriate. I did a superficial once over and moved obvious threads to the flame board (e.g. EQ posts split from other threads) but didn't touch any older threads I wasn't familiar with.
squeak!

Offline facebreaker

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 01:03:59 PM »
it did belong to flame wars though. at least half of it

yes.
it turned into flame as soon that retard stepped in lol

it all revolves around van being a flame attractor. he is all "flame".

and i got burnt :P

its ok.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:09:17 PM by facebreaker »

Offline facebreaker

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 01:07:57 PM »
How i see it: this thread is a negative assessment about the discussed person from your side (with some kind of flame in the topic subject and since the 2-nd post).
It's also several posts of flame and counterflame from others.

I think Flame Wars is the section for such topics.
Moving to Flame Wars doesn't mean to throw that away, just a good section to discuss people and why you dislike them.

you're right, its ok.
no big deal.
thread can be marked as solved :P
thanks for your time