Author Topic: Poll Regarding Admin Actions  (Read 9966 times)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
Poll Regarding Admin Actions
« on: March 06, 2015, 12:15:54 PM »
Re-do the poll where people can vote on actions taken by admins, more people now use forums and people may have changed their minds after seeing people like claw running wild around here.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Re: Poll Regarding Admin Actions
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 12:29:55 PM »
Couldn't hurt to do another repoll to reevaluate the forum since their is a great polling size....would be interesting to see a possible shift in trends.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 12:32:25 PM »
no, not repoll. at least not in the same form. anonymous votes suck arse.

make it public - only posts from real users should count.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 12:34:58 PM »

Open posts are fine as well.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 12:36:43 PM »
Cant they already see who voted for what?

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 12:48:09 PM »
i cant see any disadvantages in the poll being "open post" version while i see plenty when its not.
anyway im not a big fan of this kind of 'democracy' with fluctuating rules and admins/mods not being sure what to do or too afraid to take action because its against their system of beliefs. mousebrother seems to have a solid & proper way of seeing things, she has the way with words and none of the changes she's made have been crappy. I say mousey for dictator and creator of the new r0000lz (il lacks balls and is afraid of flashlights, hes doing much, much better working with technical stuff in the background. plus i still consider blid an 4-word-posts assclown. its slowly fading but the aftertaste remainz 4 nao...).
... if anyone wants to change the rules at all, that is.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 01:09:17 PM »
.........plus i still consider blid an 4-word-posts assclown.....

Blids favorite cereal according to claw. [emoji33]

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 04:11:47 PM »
Re-do the poll where people can vote on actions taken by admins, more people now use forums and people may have changed their minds after seeing people like claw running wild around here.

Anyone can change their votes anytime he wants.

There are no anonymous votes there.
I can check who voted and how. All the voters are real and different.

i cant see any disadvantages in the poll being "open post" version while i see plenty when its not.

I don't see any reasons to open votes to everybody. Maybe people dislike to let others to see their votes? Can votes opening change something?

anyway im not a big fan of this kind of 'democracy' with fluctuating rules and admins/mods not being sure what to do or too afraid to take action because its against their system of beliefs. mousebrother seems to have a solid & proper way of seeing things, she has the way with words and none of the changes she's made have been crappy. I say mousey for dictator and creator of the new r0000lz (il lacks balls and is afraid of flashlights, hes doing much, much better working with technical stuff in the background. plus i still consider blid an 4-word-posts assclown. its slowly fading but the aftertaste remainz 4 nao...).

So, what is your offer? Do you prefer such rules: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,38.0.html ?
As i remember, you didn't half a year ago.

That is not about balls, everything i do - is for community, not for myself. That's why i consider to let the community decide what they want to have.
If i do it for myself, i'd just enforce this: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,38.0.html And people began to leave.

I think such democracy idea is the most fair for everyone, isn't it?

Claw, any offers from your side?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 04:33:31 PM »
i have always told you what i support and what i dont support, i thought it was obvious and implied for everyone. I wont mention that i support freedom in every post. but yes, i am against those rules and i support freedom.

i am not a fan of "democracy" in places like this or the server, all i want is a set of rules which will be clear and ENFORCED. Its hard when theyre changing over time based on the whim of the users, smurf votes (by fake accounts, 10 martins and people with 0 posts). What is needed is a strong, ballsy admin who can tell the right from wrong, who would actually MODERATE. cant you see that almost no mod job is being performed (even though rules state otherwise!) because mods dont want to take action, are not convinced or unsure what 'the community' meant by them? dura lex sed lex yo. i would much prefer the rules i want, but ANY rules which will be ENFORCED are okaaaay.

at least 2 people should have a temp mute by now, but not only they're still here, zero action is taken towards the spammy threads of ganz 'formal complaints'. wtf. Every shitty post should be insta deleted + 10% warn until they learn or get banned. if you want the hitlerism, embrace it. I dont, but i tolerate it.

I know my preferences are extreme so i suggested a consensus and the optimal, realistic options, which is:
  • open post vote- no smurfs, no hackers, no 0 posters. Transparent vote, so we can know who thinks what and then call them out on it. What the hell did you mean by "Maybe people dislike to let others to see their votes"? its a half-assed argument. "All the voters are real and different." well you say that, but you cant freaking ban 3 or 4 multiaccounts of the permanently banned hacker martin18, so pardon me, but i question your judgement and would love to see for myself.
  • Rules created by mousetopher - i already presented the logic behind that choice, she be alright. Also we'd get at least one admin actually 'feeling' the rules and reacting instantly (unlike now, when everyone has to doublecheck if the vague ratio in the anon poll is still 5-4 or smth)

to wrap this up
So, what is your offer?
define "offer". Do you mean "how would things be done in your ideal world" or "whats your solution to fix current situation"? Because i was aiming at #2 from the start. and it has NOTHING to do with my personal beliefs
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 04:35:23 PM by CLAW »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 10:51:35 PM »
"All the voters are real and different." well you say that, but you cant freaking ban 3 or 4 multiaccounts of the permanently banned hacker martin18, so pardon me, but i question your judgement and would love to see for myself.

I confirm, there is no question of the legitimacy of the existing votes. And since anyone can change their vote at any time there's really no sense in "redoing" the poll IMO.

I appreciate your enthusiasm Claw, but I think you're getting a tad overzealous. We don't really have enough active posters to justify anything more involved then what we're doing now, and things seem to be going well in general now. It's certainly much more calm and peaceful than it was. Ambiguity isn't really as much of a problem as you suggest either -- the poll rarely changes, and the post I made the other day outlining the warning system was pretty cut and dry. blid and I are really the only peacekeeping mods now and I think we're both on the same page as far as that goes.

You don't have to worry about me pulling my punches either. Ganz/Ryu antics are just a slight annoyance atm, not hostile and destructive like EQ. It flat out doesn't make sense to insta-mute them for minor crap like what they were doing today, this place is enough of a ghost town as it is. If Ryu keeps provoking and Ganz keeps spamming pointless threads tho, then yes, shit's gonna go down.
squeak!

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 11:11:00 PM »
pointless threads? You even agree that he is provoking, so how would reporting that be pointless? All of them are totally valid and have a purpose.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 02:08:12 AM »
pointless threads? You even agree that he is provoking, so how would reporting that be pointless? All of them are totally valid and have a purpose.
I think she wants you to directly PM her about your allegations against me. No point in repeating the same thread as it just results in more spam. I.E. Official complaint on EviL~Ryu and EviL~Ryu#2. Try to avoid duplicates. [emoji2]