Author Topic: ok heres my proposal for toxicness!!  (Read 3557 times)

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
ok heres my proposal for toxicness!!
« on: January 26, 2020, 07:18:16 PM »
some people enjoy there freedom they dont care if others talk shit they dont care what there views religion or race is i am 1 of those

but some people want to be able to play with out harassment an hearing shit talk .. i can understand that point of view to

but i do not agree with punishing people for it ... were not gods we should not punish any 1 for there differences

i do agree with protecting people tho from not having to have to deal with or see toxic behavior that they dont agree with

so my only solution is we do a IP MUTE ... can we make a command so a person can mute some 1s ip ... as i understand back in the days this is how it use to be
on battlenet when u muted some 1 no matter what name they relogged on they stay muted... can we bring that back??

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: ok heres my proposal for toxicness!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 07:19:57 PM »

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 08:15:22 PM »
Wtf, racism shouldnt be "ignored" it should be fucking punished.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 08:54:10 PM »
perma mute would be a great feature to have.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 11:31:43 PM by tk[as] »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 02:54:43 AM »
as i understand you mean "ignore", same as "squelch", not "mute"?

mute denies someone to send messages at all.
ignore allows someone to ignore messages from some players.

As i understand, your idea is to make permanent ignore, to remember it between relogins the server?

Not sure check by ip is a good idea: ip can be dynamic.

The idea for perm ignore by name is great, the question is who will implement it:
Need several things:
1. interface to add, view and remove perm ignores. Something looks like /friends commands
2. a place to store the data. Most likely a table in the database.
3. to inject this code to let ignore info implemented every time player join the server.
4. pvpgn is old-school C-code, need to add that securely, to not make vulnerabilities to hack the engine. Need a programmer with specific skills.
5. every time you updating this feature to apply fix during the development process, you have to restart the server, all the players will be dropped and should rejoin.
6. programmer should be trusted, i'd say we should trust the whole database of players to him.
7. programmer should be interested in implementing such feature.

Probably 3,4,5 could be simplified by already implemented php-engine inlcuded to current pvpgn by me and Lance several years ago, though it's not ready for such functionality right now.
I don't see how to link all these factors together...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 07:18:28 AM »
Yeah permanent ignore/squelch

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 11:17:32 AM »
If we're able to add that functionality that would be a really good feature.  IP ignore is one thing, but even just the server being able to remember who you ignored if you leave and come back, would be nice.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 11:47:57 AM »
Hah! We can go different way btw:
Maybe someone can make a plugin to catch the /ignore command, write them into a text file and autoload them on war2 start.
Then everybody can edit that file manually, copy between computers and so on.

Not sure if somebody like labmchops or fois can catch or execute /commands on client side, but maybe that would be easier way to act.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 12:40:20 PM »
Hah! We can go different way btw:
Maybe someone can make a plugin to catch the /ignore command, write them into a text file and autoload them on war2 start.
Then everybody can edit that file manually, copy between computers and so on.

Not sure if somebody like labmchops or fois can catch or execute /commands on client side, but maybe that would be easier way to act.

well ill try an shop around for volunteers lol .. if lamb is up for it i know we ask alot out of these guys fois as well.. lets see what happens

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 07:08:32 PM »
Here is my question. Has this EVER been necessary? In the last 15 years, has anyone been so consistently abusive and so overall despised by the general community that we have to write scripting just to accommodate ignoring this person and enabling him to continue to act the way he does?

Am I the only one who finds the lengths we are going to, to enable Van to be Van, kind of ridiculous? I'm putting that very politely btw.

I'm not saying we gotta perma ban the guy, but 24 hr bans, week bans, until he chills out. I'm fine with that. Van isn't dumb, he will make the choices he wants to make.

"Chill out honey bunny!" (from? anyone?)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 07:58:01 PM »
What could we do, iL is sure burnt is enouph important to let some kind of priviledge to van.

Burnt is more important then the entire community  :newthumbsup:
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Warbux

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 08:02:02 PM »
u guys dont udnerstand that if we do it to van we gotta do it to every one... im not tryna go down that road where people are ognna start getting banned cuz they rage on sum 1 over a bad game

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2020, 08:30:18 PM »
u guys dont udnerstand that if we do it to van we gotta do it to every one... im not tryna go down that road where people are ognna start getting banned cuz they rage on sum 1 over a bad game

There nobody like van.

I explain you the difference, i taught you were clear about it.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 08:47:51 PM »
I understand your point, which is valid, but you also have to understand that not everything is always black and white. In all honestly, I'm for the freedom of speech on here. But, everything is within reason. In the US, you have the 1st Amendment, which gives you freedom of speech, right? BUT, you can't say ANYTHING you want anytime and place. There are still consequences because you just have some people who can't handle it and need to be punished.

This is the same situation. You can say a lot of shit and get away with it but at some point, at some point, a line must be drawn. That doesn't mean we have to write in some verbal rule. I think when it's obvious, like it is now, it's just obvious.

Van is simply an outlier. Others talk shit, yes, others use racial slurs, sure, others rag on people for no reason, yes but nobody does it to the extent and with the consistency that Van does.

Nobody else has created an entirely new sever (splitting the community) because of one person. Nobody else has made this administration have to consider creating a script to be able to deal with 1 person. This is pretty clearly above and beyond anyone else.

Again, I'm not saying I want him banned for good at all. If we gotta just keep kicking him for a few days or weeks at a time, until he stops, then so be it.

In all honesty, I don't even overly care about the Van thing so much. This just happens to relate my Burnt issue with Van Jr., being an unfit admin. But after reading all of this and the extent we are willing to go through, just for Van, for some unfucking godly reason, it just grinds my gears. (reference?!)

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 11:01:10 PM »
People get in trouble with the law for making all kinds of threats, Van has pmed people in detail on how he is going to murder them and their partners, which is a pretty serious threat, Freedom of speech entitles you to speak your mind and opinions, not go  around threatening people on how you plan to murder them.

The whole freedom of speech argument is kinda null  when it starts to involve threatening peoples lives.