Author Topic: MONEYBOMB FOR .RU ADVERTISING - Goal of $1,000  (Read 4694 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
MONEYBOMB FOR .RU ADVERTISING - Goal of $1,000
« on: February 11, 2020, 08:55:04 PM »
I cant do this by myself unfortunately. It's going to take as many members of the community as possible to make this work.

In like 2014 me and Xurnt started pumping money into advertising the server. We probably spent like $200 each. The way we did it was through Facebook advertising. I created a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/War2TidesOfDarkness/ and had the ability to "Boost" posts. Boost literally means "spend money to advertise this post"

Long story short it was successful. The server grew (temporarily) by like 50% at some stages of our advertising. We went from like 60 peak active users to 90 peak active users for a short amount of time.

Why didnt it last long term? The number one reason is that even with the 50% increase in temporary users, it wasnt enough to overcome the majority of skilled users who wanted nothing to do with them. They were booted/banned out of so many games that there was no reason for them to continue playing... and I can't say I blame them. Who wants to participate on a server where the biggest challenge is actually finding people who will let them play?

I've learned some over the last few years about how to properly advertise. I'm going to do more research on it. The biggest factors are the amount of time the AD runs(The longer the better), and the targeted demographic. Unortunately me and Burnt were just kinda going into it blindly at the time.

So I'm asking the community to help me come up with $1,000 USD so we can run an AD promoting the server for 30 days straight. I'll personally donate $100.

I'd like to run this AD by March 1st. So we will have like 7 weeks to reach this goal of $1,000.

I'm open to brainstorming on things like targeted demographics, how to run the ad, and what content we will actually be advertising that is most likely to catch people's eye. I currently have thoughts on all of the above, but i'll definitely listen if someone has better ideas.

I want to keep everything 100% transparent. $1000 is not a small amount of money and anyone donating needs to know that it's going towards what it is intended to go towards. I will be posting How much money is donated, and Who has been donating ... If its from an anonymous donor, it will be listed as such here. When the advertising actually gets started I will be taking regular screen shots to show all of the analytics that state how much has been spent, how much remains to be spent, how many people have viewed the AD, how many people have clicked etc...

If at any point someone decides they no longer want to donate (between now and March 1st) I have no problem sending their money back to them.

If we dont come close to reaching the $1,000 number, I'll be sending all money back. I dont want to advertise the server unless it's going to work, and the reality is that it's going to take a substantial amount of money to be successful long term.

If you're already in, and want to contribute.. all donations will be sent to spencermarkguffey@yahoo.com ...Anything will help.. even $5 if that's all you can afford.

We have about 7 weeks to make it happen, and i'm open to ideas/suggestions between now and then to make sure we get the most bang for our buck.

We need to BUILD this community. It's really our only chance at surviving another 5-10 years... And I truly believe we can if we come together as a community to make it happen.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: MONEYBOMB FOR .RU ADVERTISING - Goal of $1,000
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 11:16:39 PM »
Current Donors:

BabyShark - $100
tk[as] - $100

Total - $200
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 11:25:30 PM by tk[as] »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 11:29:16 PM »
Current Donors:

BabyShark - $100
tk[as] - $100

Total - $200
Why would BabyShark donate to our server? She started her own and seems to hate server RU?

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 11:31:12 PM »
She loves war2. I think it's amazing what she's done.. I'm kinda lost for words. Didnt realize it was her donating at first, and really wasnt expecting it. She just wants the game to succeed long term. Huge props to BabyShark

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 12:21:28 AM »
She loves war2. I think it's amazing what she's done.. I'm kinda lost for words. Didnt realize it was her donating at first, and really wasnt expecting it. She just wants the game to succeed long term. Huge props to BabyShark
Yeah I didn't say it wasn't cool just seems out of character for her. She seems hell bent on seeing this server die even if she loves Warcraft 2. Good job BabyShark!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:24:02 AM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 08:46:26 AM »
Yeah I didn't say it wasn't cool just seems out of character for her. She seems hell bent on seeing this server die even if she loves Warcraft 2. Good job BabyShark!
Just because our teams are different doesn't mean we don't support the game. We all know how toxic it is here and those players will eventually migrate too war2usa. Only 1k lol I'll throw an ad up for war2usa also as my client is almost done. Good luck!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 08:48:57 AM by tupac »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 11:27:36 AM »
Just because our teams are different doesn't mean we don't support the game. We all know how toxic it is here and those players will eventually migrate too war2usa. Only 1k lol I'll throw an ad up for war2usa also as my client is almost done. Good luck!
Yeah I know you guys love Warcraft 2 but like I said I figured the game and server RU are two different things to you guys. Actually as far as being cool I've always liked you Tupac, you've helped me out several times and always been a good guy. Good hearing from you man, I've been considering downloading War2USA to check it out maybe I'll see you sometime soon in the future.

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 11:35:38 AM »
sorry too much text.
i saw ur email yes. with what i send? paypal? skrill? neteller??

i can put a small amount just for the case <3 nice job tk respect

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 12:08:58 PM »
PayPal. Thanks man. Anything will be much appreciated

Offline Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 08:59:48 PM »
Very long February

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2020, 01:29:10 AM »
"I'd like to run this AD by March 1st. So we will have like 7 weeks to reach this goal of $1,000." - posted February 11th, 2020

very long, indeed

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2020, 02:29:04 AM »
so far we've only got 2 donors.. so we might be needing the time. plus its not like a massive amount of money, but it's not a small amount  either. idk we can definitely run it sooner if we reach the goal sooner.

i kinda wanted to give it some time to see if any other ideas came up between now and then to make it as successful as possible.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2020, 05:17:46 AM »
Stop wasting money peoples dude your an idiot, almost at iL level right now.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2020, 11:31:54 AM »
so far we've only got 2 donors.. so we might be needing the time. plus its not like a massive amount of money, but it's not a small amount  either. idk we can definitely run it sooner if we reach the goal sooner.

i kinda wanted to give it some time to see if any other ideas came up between now and then to make it as successful as possible.
Can you do maths... February 11th to March 1st is about 2 and a half weeks not 7... Haha.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2020, 11:40:14 AM »
Oh. Meant to do it April 1st.

Oh well. I said March 1st. If people want to donate, they will.. if not, I'll return w/e donations we get and chalk it up as a failed attempt to rebuild server