Author Topic: Petition for Warcraft 2 Remastered?  (Read 4411 times)

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Petition for Warcraft 2 Remastered?
« on: March 01, 2020, 04:47:33 PM »
How to petition Blizzard in order to remaster this game?

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
Re: Petition for Warcraft 2 Remastered?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 04:53:58 PM »
dont think they give a shit.

money talks.

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 04:47:00 AM »
Are you saying it won't be remastered because it won't make money?

Offline (PLS DELETE MY ACC)

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 09:30:14 AM »
Are you saying it won't be remastered because it won't make money?
I BECOME MORE N MORE RETARDED EVERY DAY SOLELY BY READING THIS FORUM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LC4YCh9Hg0
TOTALLY UNBIASED CHOP VIDEO

NOTHING (EXCEPT FOR A SUPER FRESH ADMIN) CAN STOP THE VANIMAL!

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 09:50:53 AM »
yes.

lol.

that is 100% im saying :D

and r0fl at claw :D:D:D:D
u were mega retarded way bef0re these forums do0d :D

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 07:19:31 AM »
Given Blizzard's recent history with everything they touch including that stupid GOG re-release maybe it is a good thing if they forget about Warcraft 2...

Just saying maybe we should be happy with what we have all things considered, it could be worse GOG proved it...  ::)

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 08:43:34 AM »
Given Blizzard's recent history with everything they touch including that stupid GOG re-release maybe it is a good thing if they forget about Warcraft 2...

Just saying maybe we should be happy with what we have all things considered, it could be worse GOG proved it...  ::)

Gog could fix only game for single player, battle.net still only blizzard can do something, they just made new server, nothing more
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 04:42:58 AM »
I should have said Blizzard accepting that stupid deal with GOG for money proved it...

Blizzard accepting to sell the game in it's current state tells a lot about how low their standards have dropped and how little they care about their fans...

They accept to sell a product they previously said they would not maintain and update. Effectively selling an abandonware game lol!

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 04:56:16 AM »
I should have said Blizzard accepting that stupid deal with GOG for money proved it...

Blizzard accepting to sell the game in it's current state tells a lot about how low their standards have dropped and how little they care about their fans...

They accept to sell a product they previously said they would not maintain and update. Effectively selling an abandonware game lol!

Some people dont know how to open w1 with dosbox with modern windows ,w2 bnet wasnt abandonware game
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 07:58:01 AM »
Blizzard announced a long time ago they would stop supporting the game and updating it.

Abandonware is just that so yes it pretty much was and still is in a way and so is warcraft 1, Blizzard pulled the plug off these games...

from wikipedia:
Abandonware is a product, typically software, ignored by its owner and manufacturer, and for which no official support is available.[1] Although such software is usually still under copyright, the owner may not be tracking copyright violations.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

And they still do, to get customer support you have to buy the new release your old CD and games are still abandoned :-)
The game was also not re-released/updated for previously existing platforms like Mac either, further proving my last point.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 08:07:14 AM by Cel »

Offline Zelya

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 09:33:02 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

And they still do, to get customer support you have to buy the new release your old CD and games are still abandoned :-)
The game was also not re-released/updated for previously existing platforms like Mac either, further proving my last point.

w2 bnet wasnt abandonware game
Technically Szwagier is right.
Currently, US copyright law does not recognize the term or concept of "abandonware"

"Abandonware" is only local Internet term only, it has no sense for copyright/destribution policy.

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2020, 01:50:58 AM »
Technically the definition of Abandonware does not mean no copyrights these are two entirely different things...

No one ever said Blizzard gave away their copyrights that is not at all what was being said here.

Abandonware  just means the owner of the license officially abandoned officially supporting it, that is what it means, this is not a legal term.

Blizzard officially stated they would not support nor update warcraft 2 and 1 a very long time ago, that alone makes it abandonware by definition they abandoned their game and their customers...

Now sure they still own the copyrights I never denied that yes, but there is a reason companies that stop supporting their product usually do not enforce them hard. Maybe because it is plain wrong and very unfair and looks very bad don't you think?

I mean if you publicly say that you basically wont provide any customer support and wont update a software you sold and now keep getting money from you would have to be a one kind of an asshole to also prevent customers that bought your stuff to maintain it and keep it going for themselves for free.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 01:53:15 AM by Cel »

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2020, 05:00:22 PM »
If it won't be remastered, there won't be chance it is going to be remastered in my lifetime right? Even in the next 10 years?

Offline Paper_Boy

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 05:26:33 PM »
They screwed up the war3 Remaster, graphics alone wouldn’t make that big a difference.

I think it would be more realistic if we either paid a reverse engineer to figure out most of the war2 source code or redesign it from scratch. This would allow us to add extra goodies like a Third race.
A traditional mode or enhanced mode where Heal acts as a proximity spell with a better mana ratio, cheaper exorcism, better skeletons, greater slow proximity from mages, etc... Maybe each race has a slight unique advantage for early, mid or late game. KHB probably still has the sc2 engine we could use.

Realistically, Blizzard lost its way when they merged with Activision and Vivendi. Some of us could contribute talent, others would be willing to contribute resources. We would need a solid point man to coordinate all the efforts and gauge the feasibility and time frame to completion if people are down. This would be mere pocket Change for Swift D. RothsChild

Offline Zelya

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2020, 10:56:40 AM »
Technically the definition of Abandonware does not mean no copyrights these are two entirely different things...
Technically "abandonware" does not mean anything for Blizzard. There is no temr like this in US jurisprudence 
Yon need no to have additional support for your product after release. Of course you should prepare necessary documentation/manuals or fix possible bugs. But you can release your application, let's say simple "Pac-Man" game and do nothing after this.
It's nice to have support for users, like neverending patches or online help. Especially nowaday, when Internet is everywhere. But this is not mandatory.
And Blizzard cannot  "abandon" their products.  They need no to make patches or even to have a support web page to make the game "not abandoned" it.It just has no sense.