War2.ru Slogan
News: Watch live streams at War2TV and replays of
past streams at War2TV Reruns!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here! :) You can register your account here, then feel free to introduce yourself in the Server.War2.ru board & let us know who you are on the server.

Well I promised a test today. Warcraft 2.5. 339  2

Peon Posts: 10 Karma: +1/-0 **

$hazm

• Peon
    • View Profile
Well I promised a test today. Warcraft 2.5.
« on: April 05, 2020, 10:24:32 PM »
So yesterday I decided i wasn't at all happy with the layout of my map, so i dug deep and revamped the entire layout to make it exactly like gow. Now it is very nearly a perfect 1 to 1 copy of the map gow. Still a bit of fine tuning to do with the layout of the roads etc. So yeah instead of imputing the unit data like I was planning on doing, I ended up spending the last 20 hours on the layout. Of course in the process I ended up breaking a bunch of my systems, so they will need to be revamped. The collisions are a mess. None of the unit data is done, The halls can be build right next to a gold mine, and a bunch of other stuff.

With all that said, here is a sneak pre-alpha peak at warcraft 2.5 in all it's glory. Enjoy. You can make flyers and look around at least :)

Heads up- You must manually select the human race to play this map, otherwise no units will spawn for you.

Peon Posts: 10 Karma: +1/-0 **

$hazm

• Peon
    • View Profile
Re: Well I promised a test today. Warcraft 2.5.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 03:59:58 PM »
I fixed the collision systems and the gold mine distance problem. Just left is to input the unit data. This is what war2 looks like with modern graphics.

Axe Thrower Posts: 322 Karma: +43/-2 ****

Player

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Well I promised a test today. Warcraft 2.5.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 02:29:16 PM »
Looks pretty cool.