Author Topic: Should I play Diablo?  (Read 5066 times)

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Should I play Diablo?
« on: April 16, 2020, 10:46:02 AM »
Any of you played Diablo? Do you feel anything after you defeated Diablo after playing the game?

Offline (PLS DELETE MY ACC)

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: Should I play Diablo?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 12:53:06 PM »
YOU SHOULD STOP MAKING RETARDED SINGLE QUESTION THREADS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LC4YCh9Hg0
TOTALLY UNBIASED CHOP VIDEO

NOTHING (EXCEPT FOR A SUPER FRESH ADMIN) CAN STOP THE VANIMAL!

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 01:24:45 PM »
Yes, you should play Diablo & Diablo 2.

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 10:21:14 PM »
I am afraid of binge-gaming...

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 06:34:59 PM »
Diablo 2 is a great game, Diablo 3 sucked compared to it. D2 can get repetitive after you play it a while, but once you get good at it you could try hardcore to add some skill once it gets repetitive.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 06:39:04 PM »
I played Diablo 2 back in the day for years and got bored of it. Then a few years back I started playing it hardcore and it made it fun and a challenge again after so long. I haven't played it in a while but a great game to play if you've never tried it.

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 03:32:36 AM »
The Paladin character is black though...

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 05:28:03 AM »

He's also an absurdly overpowered character, probably the most played character next to a sorceress each ladder season

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 09:35:33 PM »
Wtf does that have to do with anything? LOL. It's a video game the orcs on Warcraft 2 are green, are you going to not play because of that? I think you should care more about how good the game play of a game is or how fun it is vs what color the pixels of a character are.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:36:19 AM by xXxSmeagolxXx »

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 09:50:46 PM »
Or just don't play a paladin if being black is an issue for you. Plenty of white characters, You would be denying yourself a great game to play with that mindset though.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 12:23:53 AM »
Or just don't play a paladin if being black is an issue for you. Plenty of white characters, You would be denying yourself a great game to play with that mindset though.
TRUTH.

Offline Muz

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 10:35:12 AM »
Which is better? Warcraft 2 or Diablo? I think both are equally good.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2020, 10:37:24 PM »
for multiplayer, warcraft 2, for single player diablo, in diablo 2 though, certain things can only be done online like certain runewords can be made and items can only be found during a  ladder season and can't be found in single player without using a mod. Also the uber tristram event can only take place in multiplayer too, a single player mod can let you do that event too. but the difficulty will be lowered on it.

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 03:52:22 PM »
for multiplayer, warcraft 2, for single player diablo, in diablo 2 though, certain things can only be done online like certain runewords can be made and items can only be found during a  ladder season and can't be found in single player without using a mod. Also the uber tristram event can only take place in multiplayer too, a single player mod can let you do that event too. but the difficulty will be lowered on it.
You can do the xplayers command to make it like there is up to 8 in a single player game though to make it harder.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2020, 10:04:23 PM »
That also gives much more experience and makes leveling up throughout normal mode (and nightmare with some characters) very easy, it even increases drops too so farming runes for op runewords is actually easier on a higher player setting, when all you gotta do is teleport (can buy staffs that let any character use it with charges, or find amulets that do the same) in and open all the super chests in lower kurast in hell difficulty for that.

The difficulty being lowered for ubers in mods i was refering to is that they don't summon actually summon their minions, which makes killing the ubers in single player mods rather easier since the minions won't get in the way to let ubers recover health quickly

I'd say the xplayers is more helpful then challenging with speeding up the early game grind and in the late game when hunting for items, but yeah, players 8 does make it  alot harder for one character in particular,  which is the necromancer. corpse explosions Life% damage is based off the players 1 health settings so it does almost no damage anymore to the /8 ones at that point and that's his main spell for clearing throughout the game.