Author Topic: Chalk- Warning/Ban Request- Building during 1s  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Chalk- Warning/Ban Request- Building during 1s
« on: May 15, 2020, 04:10:40 PM »
Chalky was repping Kyr's temple above 8 all game. He made 3 halls and was building S9. Then Kyr left, and Chalky obv hid. Then times outs and finally disconnected.

He needs warning/bad. And, in my opinion, his aka should be outed 100%.

To open fiile (I used this): https://pcxviewer.com/onlineviewer.aspx

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 04:27:38 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Chalk- Warning/Ban Request- Building during 1s
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 04:11:14 PM »
Two more.

Please respond admins.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 04:29:41 PM »
Interfering with games isn't a bannable offense.  Just let fellow players know not to let him in games and have him banned in-game.

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 04:40:53 PM »
Just  ban that griefer from all your upcoming games and squelch him.

The guy clearly was an ass for not respecting the server etiquette but although it is very unhealthy and annoying, griefing is not against the rules.
But rest assured, karma never disappoints: griefing certainly is a good way to make sure you cannot find people to play with in a very near future! Maybe that wont fix your game but maybe the simple thought of him sitting out many games in a row may cheer you up a bit  ;) :newthumbsup:.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 04:44:45 PM »
This needs to be a bannable or warnable offense. I am disappointment that it is not.

All this does, is make everyone ban smurfs, including new people, because nobody knows who is a smurf or not. Banning new people is a great way to make people stop playing this game. And we've had a decent amount of new people lately.

Banning new people is detrimental to the game. That or, as I said, if this happens, smurfs should be outted with their real akas. This way it is shameful to them, everyone knows who they are for the future, and it will prevent people from doing it by knowing the consequences.

And at least 1 ladder win did not count because of it. (missing 2 but didn't look game b4 to see if buildings were made)

I would also like to give kudos to Kyr for being a honest player with integrity. He chose not to use that temple the rest of the game. Thank you for that.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 04:51:52 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 05:16:52 PM »
How do you spell this guys name? I can't view any of the attachments.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 05:22:59 PM »
OK I'm assuming his name is, "chalk." He is a known troll, I've banned him once before.

Guy doesn't have a real name he just make new names every time he logs in trolls and logs off.
war2 > war3

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 05:29:45 PM »
Say you play one night and the dude comes in your game and griefs you leave and you can just ban him from the next 10 games you will have that night.

Sure he could smurf on another account but he will have to sit at least the next one out and if he keeps doing that then in that case it is very much bannable as it is against the rules to try and bypass squelches and troll to try to abuse/harras someone else.

So if he ever goes that far report that behavior instead, and banned or warned he will be.
Do not ban a smurf joining your games even if you just had previously banned the guy on another account make a screenshot and then an admin can investigate if yes or not the guy indeed came back on a smurf to bypass your ban and grief / troll your game. Also if he is being persistent and you have had enough host under a password.

So no clearly the answer here is not to ban smurfs and potential new players, let him come and grief if he is stupid enough to try and bypass your bans write down his akas take screenshots and voila you have caught him red handed.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 05:31:54 PM by Cel »

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 05:34:08 PM »
Chalkywhite is his name. Like you said, he will log on a different name.

It is against the rules to "try and bypass squelches and troll to try to abuse/harass someone else"? Are you sure about that? How is that a rule but doing what he did  is not?

To open the attachments I used: https://pcxviewer.com/onlineviewer.aspx (PS, I can not verify that this site is safe or anything. Was just a top Google search)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 05:38:27 PM »
Maybe rename your files to "png" so we can all view them without having to download something?
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 05:42:54 PM »
Yeah rename the files, I just saw who it is. I have a hard time believing it was that big a deal...
war2 > war3

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2020, 05:56:42 PM »
Grieffing is not against the rule but it is not advised for obvious reasons Server etiquette
Trying to bypass the squelch and ban tools of someone else and trying to harras said person is against the Rules though.

As I said I was just reacting to your original point saying that, the guy may be served a warning but not for griefing more probably for trying to bypass your attempts to ignore him rather than the act of griefing itself if that makes more sense. But then you would have to be able to prove he did do exactly that  which maybe your screens do but I have not seen them yet :slight_smile:

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2020, 05:58:53 PM »
I didn't want to mess with the files so people didn't say they were "tampered" with or anything.

I can't open it myself. Here, I took screen shots of it.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2020, 05:59:13 PM »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2020, 06:09:41 PM »
Ok I’ll you who it was since I already spoke to them on the server and they didn’t care if I told you.

Was Paperboysol. He said he was messing around. Said all he did was rep KYR’s temple and made a farm then went afk.
war2 > war3