Author Topic: New Master league rules?!  (Read 5000 times)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
New Master league rules?!
« on: May 30, 2020, 12:47:40 AM »
Here what i propose to you guys, i would love to know what you think about that.

It will be the new rules if Tora still agree to let me take charge of the league with him.

- NEW Rank will be add.

There currently: 1 Legend, 1 Grand Master, 6 Masters.

For the future: 1 Legend, 3 Grand Masters, 7 Masters.

With the rules we have right now, only master can be challenge, Grand master and Legend are declare as permanant.

For the future ALL those rank will needed to be defend!

Challenge

For many years, everyone had possibility to ask for a challenge, that mean even new players could ask for it, sure we want those champions to protect those titles, but we dont want them to be harasse by eveyone for no reason, we respect the fact those peoples have a personal life and cant be here every time someone want to challenge them, if you want to ask that kind of challenge you need to deserve it, for the future, only top 25 of war2u Ladder will be count as contender. Everyone in the top 25 will be able to ask a master for a challenge. The rest will need to pratice and climb the step untill they get in top 25.

About the prize: Tora was giving money to every challenge that was played, wich is pretty generous, thanks alot, sincerly... But i think it's a little bit expensive for no reason, money should not be take in consideration for that kind of league, we want that league to be active and keep a good rolling, if we achieve that goal it's gonna be way too much money, instead, we gonna make some tournaments and the cash prize will be drop in those tournaments. I know it could not please some of you, but i think tora did alot for us and from now there will be other way to gain cash prize.

So then... What will be the motivation for masters to play and defend ther titles other then the honor and the icon?? It will be the chance of challenging a grand master! The 3 first masters who gonna defend ther title the most time during a month, will be the ones who will be able to challenge a grand master. So if by exemple braviet defend his title 1 time, and shotgun defend it 3 times, and alf-attack defend it 5 times, then alf-attack will be the first master to challenge the grand master of his choice, and shotgun wil be second one, and braviet will be the third one..

For his part the legend will have to defend his title against the 3 masters at least once per month, it mean 3 series in total... He is the Legend, and being the Legend came with a role, the role is to be the best of the best, being the best of the best mean he need to proof it, i think 3 series in a month it's resonable.

Series

Actually: people who have title are the one who decide the map

For the future:
A challenge will be a BO7 and the challenger will decide every maps first untill he win, when the challenger win, the master will be able to choose his own map, and he will be able to choose it untill he also win.. So loser always choose the map and we start by the challenger.

PS: A selection of pool maps will be choose with all of you.

Abusing: We are aware that some master will be weaker then other one, some people in the top 25 will surely try to always challenging the weakest master of the group, we dont want that to happen... So every peoples in the top 25 will be able to challenge a master of his choice only once per month, if he want to do another challenge, he will have to wait the next month.. When the next month is there, he will be able to challenge another master of his choice, but he cant challenge a master that he already challenge yet. Those rules will be set for six months, so one challenge per months only, and six different masters over six months before hes able to challenge someone that he already challenge.

Other

Smurf will not be allowed.
People who dont use anti-hack will not be allowed.

I think it resume the most important part of the new rules, maybe i forget some important details, i invite you to let me know what you think about it and if i forget someting important.

Thx to yall.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 01:04:37 AM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: New Master league rules?!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 06:07:32 AM »
Good rules!

I would add to make war2insigth replays mandatory for these games (just like for most tourneys), not only because that is the best way we currently have to check for "hacks" but most importantly because these replays can then be used as source material by streamers and youtubers to promote the game on all the platforms we target at the moment!  :thumbsup:

Plus it should not be a big deal, what is the point of being a Grand Master or Master if you do not plan on getting famous with your moves ;-)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 06:41:53 AM »
@tk[as] what you think?
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 03:38:32 PM »
sounds good and i like Cel's idea too. Insight should be mandatory.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 04:22:22 PM »
I think we can require insight for grand master and legend if you guys feel for it, but thats a bit too much for masters.

If a master defend his title 3 times during a month, that mean he would have to send at least 12 replays if not mores, people gonna get tire and will not even try to play those challenge at all anymore.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 04:35:19 PM by Equinox »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 06:05:57 PM »
Leave this thread open for 7 days before anything is decided.
war2 > war3

Offline Lone

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 09:19:07 AM »
So what's the result? I want to challenge someone! Been too long since I've had a fitting icon.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 09:32:05 AM »
For now post your challenge here.

http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,2734.0.html

TK and me agree EQ should probably run this show. But the rules he posted are very long and need to be summarized down to a paragraph.

I’ll make an update on this whole league by end of day.
war2 > war3

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 09:35:26 AM »
@Equinox I see in your rules there should be 1 legend, 3 grand masters, and 7 masters. How do we add get more players to have tags? Up this point I give them to people after they win a tournament.
war2 > war3

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 10:08:17 AM »
@Equinox I see in your rules there should be 1 legend, 3 grand masters, and 7 masters. How do we add get more players to have tags? Up this point I give them to people after they win a tournament.

I think everyone would agree tournament have always been the best way possible, i think we can keep that way if we want to give new tags

Lone win against u8 yesterday, i think it solve a part of the probleme, give lone a new grand master tag and let u8 keep his own for the moment.

But from now, since you agree that i take the lead, if anyone lose a challenge, there no more chance.

Even for legend one, if someone want to act like a baby and dont want to defend their title like everyone in this communauty, then they can relinquish there titles and let other enjoy of those achivements, no more manipulation, everyone deserve the same chance and the same achivements, period.

By the way, thank to you and tk for your confidence.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 10:24:15 AM by Equinox »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2020, 08:22:42 PM »
Ok I gotta look around for the command. Mousetopher pm’d it to me a couple years ago so it buried in my inbox.
war2 > war3

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2020, 02:34:01 AM »
It would be great to have these recordings yes, this is literally just a few extra clicks between each game. Some players record every each and one of their games already without the "having to send" part. For that we could only require it from the challenger if he won the series I suppose and encourage them to still give them otherwise.

I mean, I am not asking that just to be annoying. I do fully understand that it is an extra discomfort for players that just want to care about their games and titles and all.

But if you look at the big picture, and see how successful these replay analysis from Justin Schmidt and others already are on Youtube.
When you realize how much it helps us getting people back, I would say it is a very small thing to ask our top players that most likely will benefit everyone as a community in the end.
Especially since these replays will have a more interesting context than a random old replay.
Viewers will certainly be more interested since there is a prize being fought for, so they know these games are more meaningful.

So yeah in light of all the efforts of all these guys I do not think asking for these replays for all the games would be too unreasonable, but yeah you could keep that just for the two top tiers prizes I guess it is still better than nothing  :thumbsup:

Then again: your league, your rules!
I am just suggesting things and giving ideas here :slight_smile:

Just know that if there were to be replays from all these games: That would probably be an extra source of very useful material for helping us grow the server now and/or later so it would not be in vain no matter what.

:wc2:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 02:37:23 AM by Cel »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2020, 06:30:43 AM »
It would be great to have these recordings yes, this is literally just a few extra clicks between each game. Some players record every each and one of their games already without the "having to send" part. For that we could only require it from the challenger if he won the series I suppose and encourage them to still give them otherwise.

I mean, I am not asking that just to be annoying. I do fully understand that it is an extra discomfort for players that just want to care about their games and titles and all.

But if you look at the big picture, and see how successful these replay analysis from Justin Schmidt and others already are on Youtube.
When you realize how much it helps us getting people back, I would say it is a very small thing to ask our top players that most likely will benefit everyone as a community in the end.
Especially since these replays will have a more interesting context than a random old replay.
Viewers will certainly be more interested since there is a prize being fought for, so they know these games are more meaningful.

So yeah in light of all the efforts of all these guys I do not think asking for these replays for all the games would be too unreasonable, but yeah you could keep that just for the two top tiers prizes I guess it is still better than nothing  :thumbsup:

Then again: your league, your rules!
I am just suggesting things and giving ideas here :slight_smile:

Just know that if there were to be replays from all these games: That would probably be an extra source of very useful material for helping us grow the server now and/or later so it would not be in vain no matter what.

:wc2:

I understand ur point and i am toally good with it, but you have to trend to minimize work that it represente for normal peoples, you did the same about the mpq editation telling us it's not a big deal when you totally know it's false.

I understand it help the communauty and new commer who want to learn the game quicker, but players not should be obligated to work for the communauty, people dont want to alt tab everygames and have to recorded/save files all the time..

When they are playing they are in a mode that they need to keep focus and be in peace.

They dont have time to worry about those things because it break there focus..

I understand it's a good way to help the communauty, but at the end it's not a probleme, it's just a way to improve the commaunauty.

Since i think it's not a probleme at all, i dont think we should obligated those people to have to do it.

I think it's responsability of the server to find a solution that wil make it for them automaticaly.

Im not sure, but i think there some add on for war2insight that allow players to auto record there games, i think we should more focus on that kind of solution, maybe someone can check this out and see if it really work and how we can do to make that thing recording games and saving games automaticaly in a certain folder that the players will choose at installation. If it's not working then maybe we can try to find a programmar who will be interest in the project.

It's way much more the kind of solution im thinking of, but i respect your point and i think it's 100% a great idea that we need to work on.

But i would love to try my solution before taking any final decision.

Offline Available

• Global Moderator
  • Grunt
  • We're smarter than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2020, 08:42:46 AM »

there some add on for war2insight that allow players to auto record there games

answer was here
http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,5775.msg90854.html#msg90854

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2020, 10:38:14 AM »
As I said you make the ultimate choice and I will respect that, I am just bringing up extra thoughts.

We can agree it takes ultimately more time and effort for Justin and others to make all this content for Youtube  ;).
These players are playing these special matches to be given a honorific distinction in the community in the first place, I do not feel it is wrong to have them give something back to earn such a distinction.
Especially a distinction for which the name is "Master" a true "Master" teaches things no?  :slight_smile:

But you are totally right anything we do to make it even easier for them is a good thing  :thumbsup:.