Author Topic: R.I.P. Ch0ppy  (Read 16058 times)

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P. Ch0ppy
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2020, 06:14:47 AM »
Ch0ppy was one of those people who did not ban even beginners. It is this quality, together with true goodwill, that I remember in it. 
Bright memory. Chop’s world has really lost a lot.

Ch0ppy will just chop a lot ...with a great sense of humor.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2020, 06:22:36 AM »
Dear Friends and Ch0ppys (Manuel Simonds) friends.

Here is his pic and family letter too us

Good Morning,

Thank you for your messages and for reaching out, it’s amazing to see all the different people in different places he was friends with.
We are all devastated by the sudden loss and no words can explain how we feel to have lost such an amazing man and father, far too early.
I know Warcraft was one of his passions and a lot of his friends are there. He loved the game and the players and also Watching the change over the years as you all started to have families and children of your own. He spoke about everyone and I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend. We started the game together around 20 years ago together; maneth & ethman but I don’t have his ability to never stop or give up (or get board with one map!) so on he went with the Chop Dragons and Chop Farms. There wasn’t a day that went by when I lived at home he didn’t play, and when I left I heard nothing changed.

The most surprising news I had in recent weeks was that he’d just started to play GOW. GOW!! That was something I thought I would never hear. I am just overwhelmed by the fact I will never get the chance to play with him again.

I appreciate you all will feel this way and I’m sorry for your whole community at the loss of one of your friends.
I don’t have a way to contact everyone and I know there are more people he might have spoken to so please feel free to pass my email to anyone else who would like to reach out.
I am sharing everyone’s kind words with my mum and sister and they are exceptionally appreciative of how loved by all he was.
We are arranging a service for him but with all that is currently going on that may be difficult. When this has been arranged I will share the online page with everyone if they are interested as a remembrance one should be set up

I apologise for not being able to reply individually at the moment as I really do want to but I may need to do this at a later stage.
It’s been incredible hearing all the different stories of how long you have know him and what your thoughts on him were and I hope these can help my family at the moment.
I have attached a picture of the old man for you - I know he was coy with his age and image a lot, so in case some of you never saw him, this was him.
As always GL & HF with your games, I may join you all at some point, but until then..
Warm Regards,

Ethan, Marian & Paloma Simmonds

« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 06:30:00 AM by XuRnT »

Offline RagneR

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2020, 07:24:35 AM »
He was the friendliest person on the server whom I knew. He always wrote to me "hi Rag" when I went to the server) He is also the person because of whom I played chop. I was pleased to be in the same game with him. We praised each other for a good game when we were in the same team, and when we were in the opposite. He very rarely played chop 1on1, but I played it with him) It was a lot of fun. He was also a good teacher. When I was new to chop, he showed me some chips.
The community of Warcraft2 is so small that we can call it our second family. We are very sorry that we lost such a good person(

Offline RagneR

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2020, 07:25:49 AM »
I will really miss his games, he is too valuable a member of the community

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2020, 08:10:30 AM »
I would join his games and play some chop while waiting for a gow game to get started, so i learned to play with him and he was very welcoming, and he joined me for the occasional gow 2s or to watch some 1s, one of the more chill people on this game, a huge loss for war2 as he was one of the most active customs players and didn't ban most of the new players.

Rest in peace Ch0ppy.

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2020, 08:34:38 AM »
Warcraft 2 just lost another legend...
There is no telling how deeply it hurts to know these awesome human beings wont be around anymore  :tear:.
Here was a person that really understood how valuable each and everyone of us is (new and old) for our small and yet getting smaller family...
Lets continue his legend with all our hearts as there is nothing we can do to honor his memory that would be more fitting...
By that I mean continuing to welcome new players and being friendly to each and everyone as much as we can as he did.
Putting our differences aside to focus on what really brings us together.
Every time we do that we may just be carrying a little bit of him with us
 :wc2:

Offline tolsty

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2020, 09:13:52 AM »
I haven't played in over a year. I decided that I should leave in one stroke. Gradually, I couldn't. It so happened that I almost immediately started playing chop. Everything said here about Choppy is true. At first I thought that the oldest player in the chop on the server - Vova 1. I'm a little younger than him. But by chance I found out that Choppy is even older!!! And I realized that you can play at a decent level at any age. Choppy often teased others, but it was fun. I was scolded many times by other players when I started. Choppy was one of the friendliest chop players on the server. Yesterday I learned from Oragorn about the incident. To do this, I had to find a username and password to log in here. RIP Choppy. The Сhoppy - always now WIN!!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 09:16:43 AM by tolsty »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2020, 12:46:19 PM »
man I didn't really even play chop and I still always saw him around and joined some of his games.  He was a long-time presence and good guy.  This is a sad loss.

Offline 00Samuel

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2020, 01:03:30 PM »
Rest in peace Ch0ppy, definitely won't be the same not seeing you
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 01:55:16 AM by 00Samuel »

Offline sale39

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2020, 03:36:59 PM »
  :( all those mornings all those years, with someone who was real virtual good friend, good as a soul,
they went with him and all the chop mornings, only silence will remain...
 i will never forget you, HIO HIO MY BRO :(

Offline ouin

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2020, 04:36:46 PM »
GGs Bro !

I will miss you (:

Merci pour l'ensemble de ces chop games au cours de ces 15-20 dernières années ...

R.I.P. Ch0ppY

ouin
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 04:47:21 PM by ouin »

Offline 8)MikulZ(8

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2020, 07:53:36 PM »
This can't be true...

He was the kindest person I've ever met online and a very good friend... Best Chop Farms host ever letting everyone play and I don't even know if chop would be alive anymore if he didn't host it almost daily.

This is a horrible day in Warcraft 2 history and the most sad thing I can think of that could have happened on this server...  :sob:

RIP Ch0ppY, my bro.. Someday we will reunite again to play some Chop Farms!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2020, 08:06:15 PM »
After talking with Sale39 it is important all the chop players can host. Anyone have "underrated's" contact info? We need to fix his hosting as he can't at the moment.
war2 > war3

Offline Noise

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2020, 10:03:45 PM »
I can't believe Ch0ppy left us. He will always be in my good wc2 memories. Love you bro.

Offline Lambchops

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2020, 10:06:34 PM »

He was I believe #2 most played games behind braviet on the server. We lost a huge part of the server.

The thing Manny was most proud of about his stats was his losses. That's the only thing I ever heard him brag about.

"#1 most losses in the game."

The part he didn't need to say was the part that everyone else already knew. More than 75% of those games he hosted himself. Probably 90% for all I know. Manny could have made his stats as good as he wanted, and in truth he did.

He was, without any shadow of a doubt, the best and fairest host in the game. He always tried to balance the game, and if it couldn't be balanced he would take the disadvantage on his own team.

That was just his nature. Manny was always, first and foremost, a gentleman. The proof of that was that he remained a gentleman despite often being surrounded by a bunch of purile man-children. When he had to he would stand his ground with good nature and good humor, but no more than that, and in doing so gained the love and respect of all who knew him.

I can't remember how many times things were slow on the server and it would be hard to even get 4 players together to play a game, then Manny would log in and start hosting and instantly there were full games because everyone knew that meant a good host and ggs for all.

I don't remember who I was talking to late one night. Things were slow and were were just chatting about life and stuff, but I remember saying that Ch0ppy was my hero, and I meant it. They laughed and said "why?".  To be fair I guess that person probably didn't play chop a lot, but I wasn't much interested in the conversation after that. I guess if you don't known then you don't know.

But I suppose now I should at least try to answer that question.

It's partly for the reasons I have outlined above; his good nature, good humor, endless patience and sense of fair play, but more so it's because I knew those things about him, absolutely, despite the fact that he didn't brag, and always listened more than he spoke. Manny loved his family, although he wouldn't often talk about them unless you asked, but when he did you could always feel the love and pride behind his words. He was genuine, even from behind a computer he still treated everyone as human beings and not just some part of a game. I never saw him ever type a single word that he wouldn't have said to someone face to face, his humanity always shone through.

Manny will remain my hero and one of the best human beings I have ever know. I will always regret never having had the chance to meet him in person. Goodbye, old friend. This was way too soon.

its gooder to hax hard and NEVER get caught!