Author Topic: Ladder  (Read 6824 times)

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Ladder
« on: July 01, 2020, 01:06:19 PM »
Whos in charge of the ladder.ru? The doubles section hasnt been updated in forever. The teams and games section is out of date.

Seems to me that we are taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back in regards to bettering the game and server.

Asking for a friend

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Re: Ladder
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 04:16:47 PM »
Pika (Jordan) stole the code from Lance and Blid just takes credit for it. He has no idea how to fix something without breaking it more.

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 05:19:46 PM »
Well thats a shame. It seems like picka/jordan is the skidmark on the pretty white panties that is war2

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 02:04:12 AM »
Singles ladder works fine, I don't think anyone cares about the teams ladder much. Would be cool if it was fixed though, maybe there would be more decent 2on2s.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 03:24:17 AM »

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 04:43:37 PM »
Pika (Jordan) stole the code from Lance and Blid just takes credit for it. He has no idea how to fix something without breaking it more.
I don't know how you became some broken, Burnt.  Starting at almost zero knowledge, I taught myself enough coding to create that ladder from scratch, spending dozens of hours on it.  It's no masterpiece and I'm not demanding praise for it but to say I stole it and to just pass off completely made up stories as if they're fact is downright poisonous.  If Lance saw the code I'm sure he would quickly distance himself from it, since it's totally amateur and certainly looks nothing like anything he ever created.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 04:52:12 PM »
It was a damn near perfect copy of Lances crystal dawn site.

You claim pika is a good guy but he went into Lances personal computer just like your buddy has done to me too.

I use to hate Lance with a passion for being caught map hacking. As a mature adult though cheating at a video game is hardly a crime. But looking back at it what you guys did to him was pretty fucked up. Pika should be banned from the forums for using pictures in his avatar that were stolen off of Lances computer.

People get on my case for being friends with van but look at the people you associate with as your right hand men. Nothing but real life hackers.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 05:01:16 PM »
Singles ladder works fine, I don't think anyone cares about the teams ladder much. Would be cool if it was fixed though, maybe there would be more decent 2on2s.
Because of the facts of my above post -- I'm not a programmer, and just taught myself to code for a one-time project 10 or so years ago -- I'm not really fit to fix anything with it.  iL cleaned up some of my work when he took over but in the case of the teams ladder disabled some things, some addresses moved and thus broke, and some things were security issues, so now it's been down ever since.

However, my lesson from the days of the 2s ladder is that it is not really a viable project and is not worth the effort to prop it back up.  Because even when it did work, which it did for awhile, it was for more effective just as a curiosity and a huge bloated database for people to look up their records when allying various people than it ever was as an actual team exercise or ranking system.  That was for two main reasons:

1) It logged every two-player combination who played together as a team automatically, but these teams would by default be unranked.  You could also "activate" a team -- someone from a two-player combo would register as captain and make a team page, name the team, decorate the page, add players (up to 4 total), and so on.  I had it crosscheck your IP as you accessed the ladder page with your IP in the bnet database to decide what player you are and whether you have access to activate a particular team (security issue!).

In any case, teams would then move from unranked to ranked when they played 10 games together.  Because there were so many permutations of players and teams ending up ranked, someone actually interested in having a team couldn't easily face off against any of these random two-player teams who ended up ahead of them on the ladder.  People who were actually interested in using the ladder complained.

2) Upon request from TK, I dug back into it and made it so the ladder only ranked formally activated teams.  Now the problem became the opposite: there were only ever a maximum of like 4-5 teams on the ladder.  It was pretty pointless, and once again basically dead.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 05:14:08 PM by Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart) »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 05:12:56 PM »
It was a damn near perfect copy of Lances crystal dawn site.
Oh, I forgot to mention, Frostbitten made the stylesheet for the ladder!  That was all him (much thanks to him!), so if you think the concept of a table showing Rank | Name | Record | Streak is super original to Lance, then it must have been Frostbitten that stole his code.  But those are just the natural things to display, and neither they nor the ranking system itself were even Lance's creation.  It's from the old Case's ladder, aka IGL.net that War2 players used back in the day.  And neither Lance nor we stole that code; we just both independently created ladders that worked the same way because we liked that system.

You claim pika is a good guy but he went into Lances personal computer just like your buddy has done to me too.

I use to hate Lance with a passion for being caught map hacking. As a mature adult though cheating at a video game is hardly a crime. But looking back at it what you guys did to him was pretty fucked up. Pika should be banned from the forums for using pictures in his avatar that were stolen off of Lances computer.

People get on my case for being friends with van but look at the people you associate with as your right hand men. Nothing but real life hackers.
LOL, I didn't work with Picka on taking the server back or hacking Lance at all.  That was you, dude!!!!  Stop and try to remember.  Btw, I don't even blame you for it because Lance first pretended to be some guy called Iceberg in order to convince Ldir to let him host the server when Ldir needed help.  He then began to abuse his position as host by banning some player IPs from accessing his server (not even banning them within War2 where we could unban them, just banning them from his website and everything).  He also was map hacking freely without repercussion, editing game reports, and so on. 

He would have probably gone on doing all that long-term, but you put USA~Feature in some kind of fake admin training program where he could eventually be made full admin if he did a bunch of tasks, but you never intended to let him actually be an admin.  Lance made Feature an admin and then you and he got in a huge pissing match over it, and Lance started rewriting people's war2.ru gateway to crystaldawn to take control of the server and playerbase outright.  That's when you brought in Picka.  Ringing any bells here?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 05:29:11 PM by Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart) »

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 05:32:43 PM »
Lmao now I brought in pika? When yesterday you were bragging about you him and Jordan being best friends who played FFA's all day. You are a scrub piece of scum.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 05:38:20 PM »
Picka was around from early War2 days and hated Lance for a long time so he didn't exactly have to be "brought in," but it was you who asked him to help get the server back from Lance, yes. 

Think long and hard about it.  Do you not remember USA~Feature's admin, and you and Lance getting in a showdown over him and then Lance rewriting user gateways to retain the player base even if War2.ru stopped forwarding users to crystaldawn?  Do you not remember reaching out to Picka at that time?

Can you not recall these events?

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 05:47:06 PM »
I remember you and pika doing it. Stealing Lances ladder and hacking his and my computer. How about you ban your buddy now from the forum for his avatar or are you going to keep covering for your piece of shit hacker friend Jordan.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 06:00:57 PM »
Stealing Lances ladder
There you go again with the lies and slander.  Since you aren't well you shouldn't go around accusing people of things. 

I'm on a new computer now but was able to find a version of my ladder's code.  The idea of it being stolen from Lance is laughable and I could send it to Lance himself and have him say so when he sees how it's written.  So fuck off

Offline baRa

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 06:01:35 PM »
Well this escalated quickly  :poo:

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2020, 06:07:22 PM »
Well, my ladder is original work, and Burnt is making up lies, and seeing someone like you just say "Oh that sucks," just casually accepting it as if there's any truth to it is painful to see. 

I'm not actually even sure Lance's ladder was original now that I think about it since it might have been publicly on sourceforge or something, but mine was certainly original.  I worked hard on it.

Also, Burnt memory-holed the entire USA~Feature saga apparently, which is what brought things to a head.  I don't know how anyone could think I had anything to do with all that.  I would've let USA~Feature be admin and let it go.