Author Topic: Saw this on my youtube feed  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Swift

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Saw this on my youtube feed
« on: July 13, 2020, 12:44:37 PM »
Just thought I would post this here in case anyone wanted to seize this opportunity to expand the server's player base :

YouTube

It was posted to youtube 5 days ago, so its recent and already has over 10,000 views and lots of positive comments about Warcraft 2.

Looks like this guy has a lot of followers, and may or may not know about our server. It might be a good opportunity for someone to reach out to him or post in the comment sections  and tell them about the .ru server so that the game can get some new players!

Have Fun~

The official Legend©®™ of Warcraft II.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Saw this on my youtube feed
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 06:48:03 PM »
Saw that yesterday and posted!

Offline aka CaptainKurtz

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 02:08:15 AM »
I would love to just do voice commentary with him watching a couple of both competitive and newb friendly games. If he gets back to you, my mailbox is always open.

I reached out to a Broodwar Remastered commentator recently. He states he's always looking for new commentary material. It could be a lot of fun if either of them respond. If not I may eventually make a youtube channel myself w/guest appearances/voice commentary from chill people within the War2 Community.

From the feedback I get, it is what the community wants/needs. Mind you I'd be looking towards once a month episode releases versus these guys who do it every week or every day. It is a little too time consuming and I have other projects on the go.

I'm not sure when said project would take off.. But.ultimately it would come down to who's willing to help me and/or want to be featured in said videos.
Hold the door..

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 02:16:28 AM »
Uh yeah that's Mike Matei he isn't just some random guy, you ever heard of the Angry Video Game Nerd? Mike is best friend's with James Rolfe(The nerd) in real life, has helped him with AVGN, and played most of the cameo characters since the beginning. It's pretty doubtful he'll respond to any messages, and if he does he won't want to do any collaborations, but maybe he'd post the link to our server or something.

That is just his side channel, but he works for Cinemassacre(AVGN channel) solo vids, James and Mike Mondays, Board James, other shows, and works on AVGN with James. I've seen James and Mike mention Warcraft 2 before in other videos and wondered if they knew about the server as well though. He's making lots of money from online videos I'm sure, way more popular than the 45k subscribers his personal channel shows. It would be cool if you can get him to mention our server in a video or link it, but I kinda doubt it especially the former. Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 02:34:20 AM by xXxSmeagolxXx »