Author Topic: Why do you play war2?  (Read 1801 times)

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
Why do you play war2?
« on: August 31, 2020, 12:51:25 AM »
Just a question I asked myself tonight. I’m 31 and I have a lot of responsibilities that need to be attended to, despite that I find myself playing war2 daily.

I do think a lot of the player base have asked themselves the same question many times over.
 Why are we spending so many hours play this game?
war2 > war3

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Why do you play war2?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 11:02:47 AM »
Cause i like playing games, people got diffrent hobbys watch sitcoms, read book and many more
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 11:19:18 AM »
I've been neglecting a lot of my life. A lot of responsibilities. A lot of relationships. 

I've taken a big step back from war2. I love the game.. just other things take priority for my personal life situation. 

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 01:16:02 PM »
Life is all about adrenaline, nobody want to live dead.

Warcraft II is the best thing in the entire life to give you that adrenaline and forget about everything else.

It's like car racing, jump from a plane, sports or whatever you can imagine that give you adrenaline.

But it cost absoluty nothing and it dont need any preparation.

There also the fact that we've became a kind of family and i always see that game like comic, everyone with his own caracter, a kind of wwf communauty, thats pretty funny actually when you stop living with a stick in your ass.

:newthumbsup:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 01:22:04 PM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 09:27:45 PM »
just like anything in life, you need to balance.

balance your health, balance your time with friends and family, and balance your personal time, whether it be self development, or leisure (owning tk with peasants and towers only when he's fort on war2).

i do like to workout and keep fit, physically and mentally. that's where war2 comes in. if that means living to a healthy ripe old age, then i'm happy going unbeaten vs terroriblekahn for decades to come.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 10:54:34 AM »
The chat interface is probably the best I've seen. Too bad we can't get the ladder to report IGL style.

I usually play when van calls me on or if I see he is already online. He is one of the nicest guys that I have met on the server.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 11:16:13 AM by XuRnT »

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 11:10:29 AM »
The chat interface is probably the best I've seen. Too bad we can't get the ladder to report IGL style.

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 06:55:54 PM »
There is just no other game like it...
Since 1995 all other RTS aimed at getting more "realistic" they hid the Grid they made animations smoother and graphics more believable.
They simplified the strategic value of space and worked to lower latency and the in game delays and time (ticks) thus favorising a more reflex/speed based experience but in the way I feel they lost the game part of the products they were creating...

War2 is a game and it was created with the gameplay in mind first and foremost and it transpire when you play it every unit has its place in it not just because it was "cool" to have it there but because it truly did something others do not do as well.

Every single unit in the game is there for its strategical value, it is thus clear and simple to get into and yet so satisfying to play.
In war2 the space matters to a whole other level than any of them new games every single tile matter, placing your tower one tile off may mean its death and it is true for every single unit in the game.
The tile every single or your units stand on as well as the areas of the map/terrain they allow you to control is what makes war2 such a unique and amazing game.

And there may be many other reasons but as for the game itself these have to be the main reasons I keep coming back to war2  :wc2:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 06:58:19 PM by Cel »

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 12:21:47 PM »
Like u8 said. I've thought the same thing a few times. I quit and then I watch TV more, play another game, (read a book once, waste) or whatever people do at night when they are not out. I'm now 33, my friends don't go out to the bars anymore. If I have a woman, I spend time with her, but not every day, all day. So, if I come home at 11PM, I got a couple of hours to play.

If I'm leaving at 6PM, I'll play before that. It doesn't really interfere with my day. I just takes up other mindless things I would be doing. At least this is social, fun, and involves using your brain. Well, for most of us. :)

Warcraft has never trumped me going out with friends, girlfriend, or to a get together or party. So, I don't feel like I couldn't stop or pause it if I needed to.