Author Topic: The FREE Icon!  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
The FREE Icon!
« on: September 03, 2020, 04:58:22 AM »
I got an idea, i know there some peoples in the communauty that love to stream and comment players games.

JustinScmith, Kurt, Cel, Azazel, tk, etc etc.

I think that would be cool to give them a special icon as a kind of vip guess watchers.

Peoples who will wear those titles icon will be know as the one's that we cant boot in game as observer.

I think we need to encourage that kinds of peoples whos make great commentary and make them cover more pro games.

Peoples must keep them in games before everyone else, it's nice to listen for the other players but it's also nice for the game itself.

They are pretty good and it can bring lot of new players if we support them!

If everyone cool with this idea and the concern peoples want the icons, pls give it to them!  :-*

Or just give them whatever the icon they want, but must the same for all and only for those kinds of peoples!!

« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 05:01:57 AM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: The FREE Icon!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 06:27:45 PM »
It happens that we get booted or whatever from games but honestly I feel it is alright, it does not happen that much, and unless it is a tourney or something as a watcher/caster we are also getting in another person's lobby. In my mind "their lobby their rules" and I kinda respect that, if they do not want me in it is their choice to make, in a way I feel they have the right not to want us to get our nose in there ;D.
Not saying it feels great and all but I never take it personally  ^-^

The only time such a rule would make sense imo is for tourneys or special events with special rules and then it would probably have to be in the tourney rules and that I would totally agree and encourage tourney hosts to make it easier for us to watch/stream them games yes! :-)

The difficulty of following series of games or getting in the games we want during tourneys is probably the reason I stopped following these events to be fair  :thumbsup:

As for the icon itself I dont know if I am for or against I dont have a position on that one to be honest  ^-^

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 09:08:36 PM »
It happens that we get booted or whatever from games but honestly I feel it is alright, it does not happen that much, and unless it is a tourney or something as a watcher/caster we are also getting in another person's lobby. In my mind "their lobby their rules" and I kinda respect that, if they do not want me in it is their choice to make, in a way I feel they have the right not to want us to get our nose in there ;D.
Not saying it feels great and all but I never take it personally  ^-^

The only time such a rule would make sense imo is for tourneys or special events with special rules and then it would probably have to be in the tourney rules and that I would totally agree and encourage tourney hosts to make it easier for us to watch/stream them games yes! :-)

The difficulty of following series of games or getting in the games we want during tourneys is probably the reason I stopped following these events to be fair  :thumbsup:

As for the icon itself I dont know if I am for or against I dont have a position on that one to be honest  ^-^

It's not like if you guys will be unbootable, but it can be a nice reminder for everyone to see that icon and understand why it's important to not booting you.

I understand there some peoples who want to have there 7 friends with them, but the goal here is to be able to records all those epic matchs, it's even better when you guys are commenting, it's good for us but also good to bring new people who will see that on twitch, youtube etc.. We must priorize people like you as watcher before everyone else.

People also need to understand it's also funny to watch games on twitch and have interaction with an antire chat.

If we want to bring this game on a other level, we must try something else.

I think this kind of solution it's a nice way to make this game more popular, there no reason you guys are recording and commenting newbe games while you get boot on the pro one.

People like you must been supported, not only for you, but for the good of the entire communauty.

I would love you guys wear a special icon if possible :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 09:12:55 PM by Equinox »

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 12:28:37 PM »
I'm guessing if you are in game chat, nobody knows what icon you have or care. If they see it in channel, will they really care still or even look to remember? We are getting a little to icon heavy in my opinion. I highly doubt most people will care, to be honest.

The one thing I wish I could fix is, when people join GOW who are "noobs" but are just chop players, with thousands of games, trying to play GOW. Those people shouldn't be booted and I think people misinterpret them for noobs. I wish chop players would join and say, hey I'ma chop player trying to learn GOW. I bet that would decrease 80% of kicks, in my opinion.

Honestly, I'd play chop if I could, to help the community be more active. I don't know it and never really play, it but I'm told I can't watch due to the format of the map and how, I assume, I would be in the way. Which makes sense. I can watch replays but playing it vs watching is a big difference. I'm sure people are the same with GOW.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 01:35:40 PM »
I'm guessing if you are in game chat, nobody knows what icon you have or care. If they see it in channel, will they really care still or even look to remember? We are getting a little to icon heavy in my opinion. I highly doubt most people will care, to be honest.

The one thing I wish I could fix is, when people join GOW who are "noobs" but are just chop players, with thousands of games, trying to play GOW. Those people shouldn't be booted and I think people misinterpret them for noobs. I wish chop players would join and say, hey I'ma chop player trying to learn GOW. I bet that would decrease 80% of kicks, in my opinion.

Honestly, I'd play chop if I could, to help the community be more active. I don't know it and never really play, it but I'm told I can't watch due to the format of the map and how, I assume, I would be in the way. Which makes sense. I can watch replays but playing it vs watching is a big difference. I'm sure people are the same with GOW.

Peoples dont really cares about icons because admins give to much useless icons from my personal point of view.

Alot of players have personalize icon that just literally mean anything.

There so much icons peoples get lost and thats probably why they dont really cares.

You can dont like it, but icons also help new players and even the older ones to evaluate the skills players.

I think the Ranking of Legend, Grand Master, Masters is a good exemple.

I think the ranking is pretty accurate for the most part and just show the difference pretty clearly between each ranks.

It's also a kind of rewards for some peoples, or a goal for other ones.

Icons is pretty much one of the best way to keep that game alive. ยจ

It's Tools, rewards, goals.

Icons is pretty much important from my point of view, but the useless one wich mean nothing is another point.