Author Topic: GOW Fix Feedback Wanted  (Read 4598 times)

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: GOW Fix Feedback Wanted
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2020, 12:35:09 PM »
Moving the mine one tile right and pre-chopping takes care of that problem too :-)

Have tried this in multiple games but only times 4 was taken 5 was either ally or free so I will still be testing that next weekend :-\

Though what I like about moving the mine one tile right as 4 is yes you have more space on the left of the mine but that extra space is an easy tower spot that you have easier access to than your opponent.
Having a tower here will not only kinda help protect your from backstabbing but also help you get a foot on the area between the two spots which is the real mid-game imbalance between these two positions.
 ^-^

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2020, 02:30:58 PM »
Leave the map the same but move 8's starting spot to s9. :)

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2020, 03:56:55 PM »
Leave the map the same but move 8's starting spot to s9. :)

Nope. If there was no delay in the s9 build, then 9 would never stand a chance in 3s/4s if s9/11 hot.

Gow is perfect, don't touch imo

Offline (PLS DELETE MY ACC)

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 04:03:07 PM »
Gow is perfect, don't touch imo
IF U WIN, ITS SKILL
IF U LOSE, ITS THE SHITTY SPOTS (U'D WIN OTHERWISE)

PLAYING OLD EF IS A WIN-WIN SITUATION
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LC4YCh9Hg0
TOTALLY UNBIASED CHOP VIDEO

NOTHING (EXCEPT FOR A SUPER FRESH ADMIN) CAN STOP THE VANIMAL!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2020, 05:01:24 PM »
Nope. If there was no delay in the s9 build, then 9 would never stand a chance in 3s/4s if s9/11 hot.
that is fine

meanwhile now s9 can stand up a little better against 11

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2020, 05:50:22 PM »

that is fine

meanwhile now s9 can stand up a little better against 11
11's advantage over s9 is balanced out with the tower bug.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2020, 06:32:47 PM »
Claw is 100% right.

Let's say you hypothetically have people of equal skill level and one at 6/8 and another at 11/12/2/5 and I'll even say 4. You could argue 9 but s9/9 is evenish. Play 100 games, how many does 6/8 win?

20? Maybe 30 max? The answer should be NEAR 50%. Naturally, not all spots are equal, nor should they be, but replace any other spots from the 6/8 person and your stats will change noticeably. That is my point.

I'm not trying to make everything equal, I would just like everyone to have a chance is all. Tourneys, series, team games; every time, someone goes, "well I had 6/8 4x" yet nobody wants to change anything. I just don't understand it.

I never played GOWEF before RU and before GOWF died on RU. There was a reason for it. It is a horse shit map. Now that I've played it for years, guess what, it is still a horse shit map.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2020, 08:02:01 PM »
gow is a horseshit map? sorry, harry, but we can't be friends any more.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2020, 09:38:31 PM »
Just because there are plenty of places to hide and do goofy shit, doesn't mean it's a good map. :)

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2020, 04:55:30 AM »
Gow is fine, just disable u8's 6/8 hack please

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2020, 05:49:23 AM »
Gow is fine, just disable u8's 6/8 hack please
PLZ NO  :sweat: :rofl:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2020, 10:41:15 AM »
GOW is not a horse shit map at all :-X.

What makes gow so nice of a map is the variety of situations the players can be put in.

You can play over 10 games of GOW in a row and never have the same situations occuring twice.
Sometime you will have a spot that lets you dual, sometime you have a spot that is better for a rush sometimes it is just better to power. Add to that the possible positions of your opponent and you have a lot of very different games on your hands. This is something GOW has that not a lot of other map really have.

Of course it means there will be some imbalances and yes the classic version really does have quite big imbalances.
You can try and reduce them but overall you cant really make it 100% balanced and still keep the diversity a good compromise has to be found sort of.  :P  :thumbsup:

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2020, 10:51:22 AM »
Claw is 100% right.

Let's say you hypothetically have people of equal skill level and one at 6/8 and another at 11/12/2/5 and I'll even say 4. You could argue 9 but s9/9 is evenish. Play 100 games, how many does 6/8 win?

20? Maybe 30 max? The answer should be NEAR 50%. Naturally, not all spots are equal, nor should they be, but replace any other spots from the 6/8 person and your stats will change noticeably. That is my point.

I'm not trying to make everything equal, I would just like everyone to have a chance is all. Tourneys, series, team games; every time, someone goes, "well I had 6/8 4x" yet nobody wants to change anything. I just don't understand it.

I never played GOWEF before RU and before GOWF died on RU. There was a reason for it. It is a horse shit map. Now that I've played it for years, guess what, it is still a horse shit map.

Yeah that series we had, I think I could have had a better chance to win it if I didn’t spawn 8 4 times
war2 > war3

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2020, 12:13:29 PM »
Gow is great for "let's have a good time and play some war2" ... the best imo.

Its horrible for "let's have a bo7 series to see who the better player/team is" (if someone is disproportionately spot fucked)