Author Topic: paladins AOE passive auto heal  (Read 17915 times)

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
paladins AOE passive auto heal
« on: October 06, 2020, 12:48:11 AM »
Hi, today i show u some auto heal from paladins
Its working on triggers
All paladins if player learned heal and exorcism will be passively casting Area Heal (that spell was in the game on alpha develompent stage but was cut, so i revived it)
Area Heal takes 5 mp for 1 hp healed
Lowest hp unit heals first

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: paladins AOE passive auto heal
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 01:13:48 AM »
that's cool. but can it be disabled? paladins exorcism is very handy for when the opponent gets too aggressive with dks.

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 03:08:34 AM »
Say your paladin is low mana healing will cancel the attack animation and you probably would rather have the damage than the weak heal.
In pure total value it only even is worth only if the paladin is close to full mana and even then it really wont be any close to any other spells in the game  ;)

coil = 50 damage + 50 heal = 1 mana per 1 HP value.
exhorcism should also cost 1 mana to get the same value there :-)
Runes potential value is 5x 50 for 200 mana but it is close enough since you most of the time 1 rune will miss it's target out of the 5.
Value of Lust is not comparrable it just is off the chart in comparrison to these other spells in pure bonus value.

If you want to make heal more cost efficient relative to lust increase mana cost of lust x2 make heal cost 1 mana  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 03:12:27 AM by Cel »

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 03:15:14 AM »
U can change manacost of 1 hp in there with triggers. Even 1 hp for 1 mana.
And they autohealing even when in battle, even when attacking, this dont interrupt animations))

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 03:23:58 AM »
So priority is still for the attack then all the time?
Well its good in that case but I am not sure I would want automated behavior added in the game to be entirely honest, if would feel like a hack to me (I cant explain that) although I know other games have these kind of behavior I wouldnt mind having to heal my units if the value was worth the apm cost  :sweat:.

I believe tweaking mana costs should be more than enough to establish a better balance between races without changing the gameplay too much though.
Good thing we will be able to experiment thank you Mistral  :beam: :slight_smile:

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 03:22:02 PM »
Interesting concept.  Seeing paladins on a level playing field with lusted ogies however would tip the scales to far in favor of humans since mages are already the most powerful unit in the game.  Just because it's harder to use doesnt mean it's imbalanced.  This would clearly imbalance the game if paladins could stand against lust on their own without the assistance of a mage.  If they still cant hang with ogies,  it would be a cool option to have if it can be enabled/disabled before the beginning of a game and consented by all in the room.  Cant say I'd ever play a game with this enabled but I could see it being something a lot of people would really like.
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 09:51:52 PM »
Good change to heal overall, but it should have an option somewhere to turn off the auto cast on heal so you can at least exorcism or holy vision. The auto healing in middle of combat without interrupting your attacks is really nice too!

Offline Mistral

• Administrator
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 10:00:33 PM »
About enabling/disabling in lobby room, this thing will be implemented in PUD file. So if someone want play with this, they just host that custom edited map.
About enabling/disabling during the game, i dnt know how to do it manually with buttons or hotkeys, so i think this thing will be enabled if someone praying in the church. (if some footman or peasant staying near church then paladins autoheal, if u dnt have someone nearby any of your churches, then paladins cannot autoheal).

Offline WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 12:33:13 AM »
lame imo, wc2 last rts game Made were everything is manual input, this makes it skillless

Offline Warcraf_Triggy123

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 05:27:37 AM »
so like its an auto heal thats nice

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 05:29:43 AM »
9 auto healing paladins vs 9 listed ogres. Who wins?
war2 > war3

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 05:56:38 AM »
9 auto healing paladins vs 9 listed ogres. Who wins?
Ogres with bloodlust will kill paladins with auto healing. But paladins are getting stronger.

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2020, 06:49:21 AM »
You can calculate that guys:
Potential added value of lust in bonus damage done per mana point spent.
Potential added value of heal in hit point healed per mana point spent.

I already did the maths for you in a previous post you can dig that up if you are lazy or do them yourself but long story short:
Even if heal costs 1 mana only, lust still has a lot more value per mana spent than heal. The only way you can change that is by also increasing lust's mana cost to make it more in the line of other spells in the game (which it isn't).

Now if you really want to fix the balance I recommend making the smallest changes possible to every single spells in the game to achieve it and not changing the mechanics if you want to preserve the feel of the game.
Basically you want the game to feel the same as much as possible radical changes will just not work for me...

Also I may add that balance in my opinion is not necessary at this point, playing humans is a handy way to give ourselves a small handicap against weaker foes and/or force practice all the strategies that do not involve the overlly famous T3 powerspike.
If you balance the game you are effectively removing that one click option and we have not real handicap mechanic to replace that (like the handicaps in starcraft or warcraft3) war2 sadly does not have these options.

And no, mages are just in no way better than dks if you just take the time to do the maths:
Spoiler
Coil = AOE spell that does 1 hit point value for 1 mana spent. (100 mana, 50 dmg 50 heal) it is by far the best and easiest one shot spell to use in the game and is free and already researched. Blizzard has less spreading than d&d and even if it does more damage when the shards land directly on target units (about 10% more after empirrical testing) the splash is very very low making it a very unreliable spell against small amount of targets since you have to be more lucky to have that shard right on target. If you test the two spells on isolated units and count all the times the shard miss the target too you will see it is actually better to have d&d in these situations.
So not only d&d is more reliable but it also does more than 41% more damage to farms which is just crazy (empirically tested as well feel free to test all I am saying for yourself).
Haste is a much better spell than both slow and invisibility it is probably the second best spell in the game after d&d and it is cheap and fast to research and is also cheap in mana.

There is no denying imbalances exist at this point but at the same time no one that really loves the game really cares about them, there is something fun in playing the underdogs and we have no other easy handicap mechanics built in the game anyways.
Just like the most imperfect and imbalanced version of GOW is still the most popular and played version, you can bet that top tier players all will always prefer playing the classic imbalanced version of war2 if the choice is ever given to them especially if the balancing changes the way the game feels.
And maybe that is not such a bad thing :critter:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 06:53:27 AM by Cel »

Offline Shotgun

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2020, 08:36:30 AM »
lame imo, wc2 last rts game Made were everything is manual input, this makes it skillless

most of the new players all use auto lust anyway :|

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2020, 08:37:31 AM »
In no case!
The balance in classic war2 will remain the same.

We run the war2 modification project (war2_mod). We want to introduce several innovative features to add balance to the game. And we'll all see what comes of it.

We will release a test version of this modification. Everyone can try it.

Time will tell where this can lead.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 08:40:32 AM by Oragorn »