Author Topic: paladins AOE passive auto heal  (Read 17942 times)

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
Re: paladins AOE passive auto heal
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2020, 04:49:26 AM »
Im gonna be honnest i stopped read at the rune part, where you have to make a decision between runes and lust.

Dude watching u8 games with braviet and think runes is an option.

Exactly, it is not an option and that is the whole point: it "could" be. How you balance things can either add more relevant choices and decision making to the game or just streamline everything even more to a point that every choice is just a no-brainers (kind of the way lust is right now).

There is no need to explain why automating stuff is just simplifying the gameplay, and basically making the decisions for the player where there should be a choice. Automated behaviors like this is making the game even more of a right click/reflex based game. Just like all these other failed strategy games where armies can be right clicked all accross the map.

If what you want is to see more things used in multiplayer then you have to balance the game so that there is more room for these other cool things to be played (runes, sappers, humans etc)...

That is what balance is all about imo but again that is just my opinion, you may think it is fine to have a more right click based gameplay and that it is what war2 needs, and you will be able to experiment your changes in your own maps and games which is perfect.

As a matter of facts we will all be able to test everyone's take on balancing, which is the best option since there are a lot of different ideas on the matter.

Also, people that dont want to hear anything about balancing will not be forced to. And that also is a very very good thing, because everyone's opinion matters.
We are not so many left here, we should do the best we can so that everyone has the experience they want to have everytime they come to play a few games.

And again thank you Mistral for implementing all these cool things for everyone to have even more options/content to play/experiment with.
This is going to be interesting to see what people come up with for sure!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 04:53:10 AM by Cel »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2020, 05:50:35 AM »
Im gonna be honnest i stopped read at the rune part, where you have to make a decision between runes and lust.

Dude watching u8 games with braviet and think runes is an option.

Exactly, it is not an option and that is the whole point: it "could" be. How you balance things can either add more relevant choices and decision making to the game or just streamline everything even more to a point that every choice is just a no-brainers (kind of the way lust is right now).

There is no need to explain why automating stuff is just simplifying the gameplay, and basically making the decisions for the player where there should be a choice. Automated behaviors like this is making the game even more of a right click/reflex based game. Just like all these other failed strategy games where armies can be right clicked all accross the map.

If what you want is to see more things used in multiplayer then you have to balance the game so that there is more room for these other cool things to be played (runes, sappers, humans etc)...

That is what balance is all about imo but again that is just my opinion, you may think it is fine to have a more right click based gameplay and that it is what war2 needs, and you will be able to experiment your changes in your own maps and games which is perfect.

As a matter of facts we will all be able to test everyone's take on balancing, which is the best option since there are a lot of different ideas on the matter.

Also, people that dont want to hear anything about balancing will not be forced to. And that also is a very very good thing, because everyone's opinion matters.
We are not so many left here, we should do the best we can so that everyone has the experience they want to have everytime they come to play a few games.

And again thank you Mistral for implementing all these cool things for everyone to have even more options/content to play/experiment with.
This is going to be interesting to see what people come up with for sure!

The probleme is only the fact that you make absolutly no sens, you are just making no sens... First you told us there no interess in this mistral plug in, telling us we better keep the game the way it is, and now you are trying to explaining me how the game have to be rework...

Are we keeping the game like it is, or we trying to find a way to make all those spell irrelevant, relevant....

Nobody is arguing the fact that the game '' could be '' better by improving some points other then you 3 pages ago....

There is the probleme, you seem to dint even know what you really want... telling us the game better stay like this, but now telling us it could be better.

You are telling us there no way the auto heal human could be an add on as experimentation, but now you are telling us trying to fix the lust would be the solution...>

You seem to just wanna contradicts for no reason because '' YOU want '' to have the solution..

How the fuck you can even told us that its better to keep the game the way it is, but at same time told us the best thing to do is to fix lust...

Bro there like 10% Human players on the server... The probleme is also HUMAN race..

90% of the server play with orcs, and everything seem find with orcs when its orcs against orcs..

So instead trying to fix the entire game by making an experimentation on 10% of the server, you wanna try to fix the server by making an experimentation on 90% of the population of the server.

Thats why i dont take anything of what you say seriously, thats where i dont even try to read you anymore, because everything you say is only arguing contradict and no sens.

By fixing the auto heal you are keeping 90% of the meta intact and can fix the entire game by only making an experimentation on 10% of the server.

The add on is already made, the things look super fine, most of peoples wanna try this update, why you fuck around dude?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 05:58:22 AM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2020, 06:13:49 AM »
And by the way, automate action can be part of the game and still be interesting, actually most of the magic in star2 or war3 are all automate like this, every wich doctors, every mages etc etc.

Thats the thing, i think the fact that bloodlust is so powerful require that time that koorb was talking about 3 posts ago...

And the fact that healing is basicly useless is the reason why it could be good if it can be AUTO heal, even if it's basicly useless in a direct fight, it would bring some good points.

Like when you cross 9 ogers lust and ran back going hide somewhere and then he gave up on you..

And while you are hide you can macro your town and they gonna auto heal alone and going back to the road after.

This is actually what most of human player are doing, it will just add that auto heal aspect.

I mean, there absolutly no reason to not try that add on in a future patch, only haters gonna hate, let's be honnest.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 06:17:43 AM by Equinox »

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2020, 06:05:01 PM »
Mistral is not doing what you think he is doing obviously you have not read carefully what is coming... :sweat:

This is going to be an option you will be able to check when making maps that you can host but the base game is untouched. so while you will  have these changes available in your custom scenarios the base game will stay the same.
You missed the "it is working on triggers" part, which will be additional scripting options for map makers not global changes to the base game itself...

Oh and I never said I was against that particular way of doing it, I am only against enforcing it on everyone but Mistral obviously knows better than to do that unlike some other people wink wink :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 06:08:16 PM by Cel »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2020, 11:20:36 PM »
Mistral is not doing what you think he is doing obviously you have not read carefully what is coming... :sweat:

This is going to be an option you will be able to check when making maps that you can host but the base game is untouched. so while you will  have these changes available in your custom scenarios the base game will stay the same.
You missed the "it is working on triggers" part, which will be additional scripting options for map makers not global changes to the base game itself...

Oh and I never said I was against that particular way of doing it, I am only against enforcing it on everyone but Mistral obviously knows better than to do that unlike some other people wink wink :thumbsup:

So why you say you have confident on mystral and iL they would never let that happen? Are you trying to act a new way because you make no sens?

What a little nerd liar you are bro, what a shame lol
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 11:30:43 PM by Equinox »

Offline Oragorn

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2020, 04:31:31 AM »
Why don't admins ban crazy people? Why do normal people have to waste their time on useless conversations with troll assholes?
Or move all the flood to the floodroom. Do not litter topics with any abomination.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2020, 04:33:11 AM »
Why don't admins ban crazy people? Why do normal people have to waste their time on useless conversations with troll assholes?
Or move all the flood to the floodroom. Do not litter topics with any abomination.

Another fake identity programmar hacker.

49 posts, all of them talk about hacking the game or harassing me lol

Probably cel Himself  :sob: :sob: :sob:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 04:36:16 AM by Equinox »

Offline xXxSmeagolxXx

• Ogre
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 PBall Players
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2020, 12:29:07 PM »

Another fake identity programmar hacker.

49 posts, all of them talk about hacking the game or harassing me lol

Probably cel Himself  :sob: :sob: :sob:
Dude literally shut your mouth. The problem with being online is when some ignorant little retard like you talks shit someone can't just bust them in the face. You're a little pussy, quit again no one cares. Get a life you fuckin idiot.

Oh I don't have to tell you to shut up, you got muted? Who wins now frenchie?