Author Topic: GOWEF-Halloween 2s Smurf Tournament Oct 25th  (Read 4734 times)

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
GOWEF-Halloween 2s Smurf Tournament Oct 25th
« on: October 12, 2020, 07:05:43 PM »
Hey everyone, I will be hosting a GOWEF tournament on Sunday October 25th (Don't forget Smeagol's tourney on the 24th!) at 1030AM Central time (1130PM EST). I'm debating if 10:30AM is better. This way it is before everyone's day starts and before football, for the people in the US.

This tourney, as previously done by Burnt, is going to be a 2v2 smurf tourney. The smurf names must be Halloween theme related (for fun!). Akas are encouraged to NOT be given out until the end of the tournament. If someone has lost, I guess that is okay for the losing team to reveal themselves. But, if you just lost to a team, please don't ask for the winners akas because it will get around to everyone before the tourney is over. The purpose is for people to not know who is who. That is part of the fun.

The teams will NOT be random. You may pick your pard and create your Halloween smurf names.

I do ask, if someone can please advertise this on Facebook or any other means of communication besides the forum/actual game. That would be most helpful.

Payouts will be (thanks to Tora)- $50 TOTAL for the winning team ($25 each person) and $20 for 2nd place ($10 for each person)

At the end, 1st and 2nd place will need to reveal their akas (and log on them) for official payouts.

Rounds will depend on the amount of players. It will be BO3s and BO5s only.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 07:31:01 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2s Smurf Tournament Oct 25th
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 07:10:25 PM »
I think it will be more funny with random allies without prizepool or people vote for one funny name
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween 2s Smurf Tournament Oct 25th
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 07:27:22 PM »
I agree and have floated the idea around but I'm told that it is not something most of the better players would like to do. Also, if say you get a team like Swift and yourself as pards and everyone else who is very good has a noob or only a decent pard, nobody will have a chance.

I could arrange teams myself, trying to make them as even as possible, but that means all the real good players are getting noobs, which they won't be happy about.

Offline Szwagier

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: GOWEF-Halloween 2s Smurf Tournament Oct 25th
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 07:38:12 PM »
I agree and have floated the idea around but I'm told that it is not something most of the better players would like to do. Also, if say you get a team like Swift and yourself as pards and everyone else who is very good has a noob or only a decent pard, nobody will have a chance.

I could arrange teams myself, trying to make them as even as possible, but that means all the real good players are getting noobs, which they won't be happy about.

thats why there shouldnt be prizepool
http://www.youtube.com/user/SzwagierR

Equinox - the dumbest person in this game, do not argue with an idiot, because he will bring you to his level and overcome with experience

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 09:04:52 PM »
That's a good point and to be honest, I wonder how many people are even motivated by a prize in the first place.

But then, it comes down to patience. I know, personally, I wouldn't be able to play multiple rounds with a much lesser pard. (don't matter cuz I wouldn't make it!) I simply don't have the patience for people who don't listen and do their own thing, which are many people. Maybe I am the minority though. If that is the case, it would be valid, but I'm not too convinced that is the case.

Offline {Lance}

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 09:44:15 PM »
Make sure the payout is in Bitcoin,  BTC to the moon :D  Turn that 50 bux into 50mil by the turn of the century ;)
Dk At hall is cause I started with temple at start and didn't need the castle . Not a hack .  I wouldn't bother editing a ss btw

^---- Dellam doesnt hack!  See, even by his own admission, no hack!!  LMFAO.

Offline Knitter

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 04:20:25 AM »
Should be random allies for alot more fun.
Worse people finally get a chance to team up with better
people. Sometimes people team up who would never team.
Ofc there could be 1-2 mega super teams, but yea thats how it is.
If you could choose your ally it can happen too, if u8 and sg are allies they just win it anyway.
sooo make it random allies 😎

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 10:44:55 AM »
I'll ask around a little bit more but I don't want to keep making changes or anything like that. So, we'll see. Otherwise, we can try that out for another tournament.

I think as U8 alluded to, a tournament like that, with no cash payouts, might entice people to do that kind of tournament for fun, as opposed to being super competitive. Again though, personally, my patience only goes so far. But, I admit, I am an impatient person.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 01:39:06 PM by Harrywangs »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 02:47:42 PM »
I play for fun every time. If I were to ever win the cash I'd say keep it or put it towards next tournament

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 04:21:52 PM »
I don't collect either.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2020, 09:15:15 PM »
Has anyone been able to help me out and post it on Facebook? I would appreciate it. The sooner, the better.

Offline Cel

• Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 05:07:33 AM »
Nice many tournaments ideas lately! :D

If you want me to be able to cover/cast your tourneys on stream and upload them later to youtube, try and make sure they happen during my scheluded hours:
https://www.twitch.tv/trogallart/schedule

Also checkout my last post about the [ warcraft 2 charity tournament ] idea, I would really like to have your feedbacks on this and if you think it could be something promising for the image of our community and our reach to host these kind of events.  :beam:

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2020, 08:35:17 AM »
Well harry to be honnest i dont think you must pay winner for a smurfs tournament and especially a 2v2 where peoples choose there own ally.

Keep that tournament for fun and pay for next serious tournament, smurf tournament should just be a fun tournament where everyone are allow, Legend, Grand Masters, Masters, Champs.

Keep the great work, also, you better throw tora out of it before he bite you like the snake he is, do ur tang alone, you dont need anyone at all, if peoples respect you, they gonna join you,dont worry about that, good luck.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 09:09:07 AM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2020, 10:07:58 AM »
Has anyone been able to help me out and post it on Facebook? I would appreciate it. The sooner, the better.

I’ll post it in a few. I’m an admin on the War2 FB page.
war2 > war3

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2020, 12:48:10 PM »
Thanks for the feedback EQ. I'm thinking the random smurf tourney would be better to have no money because people wouldn't be so competitive or upset at their pards. This tourney is still competitive because you will have good teams like any other tourney. Only difference is that they are smurfs, which is the fun part (and the Halloween theme part, which is my favorite). We'll see how this goes but I will keep what you said in mind.

Cel I'll check out that post and see. I do like having people streaming.

Thanks for posting Tora, much appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 12:52:06 PM by Harrywangs »