Author Topic: Rise oF Shadows warcraft twoot  (Read 14683 times)

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
Rise oF Shadows warcraft twoot
« on: March 08, 2015, 11:25:16 AM »
I just got a message from the Rise of the Shadows guy

"I'm Vendar, creator of mod "Rise of Shadows" for Warcraft 2. I would to present you my mod:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-ii-rise-of-shadows-demo

Download is not available for now, because I'm searching for new crewmates (programmers and graphic designers). It will be very helpful if you send a word for Warcraft fans. Maybe someone would like to help.

Mod changes old races and adds new one: dwarfs. All races has unique units, spells and abilities. There is more strategies and modernise stuffs (like: selecting units to 18, kills stats added for units and more).

Hope to get answer from you soon.

Best regards,
Vendar"

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
Re: Rise oF Shadows warcraft twoot
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 12:53:29 PM »
Why doesn't he build it off bne version instead of old war2?
Kali IGL Stats

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 05:51:42 PM »
Looks like something based on wargus instead of war2. (Peon appear point after building TH, peon route between TH and gold, several more signs).
Multiplayer is supported by wargus afaik...

Could be a good alternative for tablets i think.
Are there source code for this project anywhere?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 05:41:05 AM »
"Are there source code for this project anywhere?"

Nope :)

It's not worth it, cause my mod is based on very old wargus version that has many many issues.

Offline Erenussocrates

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 06:38:32 PM »
dude, just migrate it to the latest version of wargus. Your idea is good enough to implement. And the latest version has less issues and more new stuff.

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 01:25:19 PM »
dude, just migrate it to the latest version of wargus. Your idea is good enough to implement. And the latest version has less issues and more new stuff.

Thanks for the good word, but I believe it's not worth it. My idea was too complex, with two different tech trees per race, with Dwarfs as third race and also asymetric races and more... it was too much for one person, impossible to make a really good content.

To be honest it should be started with only Humans and Orcs, just rebalance the game and add few unique mechanism and tactics that counters each other. First step should be spliting gameplay on three parts: early, mid and late game and add something fresh and interesting for both races, for all of these parts.
Maybe later some third race, but after many many tests on multiplayer matches.

I had too less experience to make it right and even if I would finish it I think it would not be better than original Warcraft 2. Back then I needed one, or maybe more people that would like to work with me on this and to talk about every change I wanted to add. I was trying to make a team but with no success  :sweat:

Offline Incos

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2022, 02:07:52 PM »
That’s a shame.

If I knew coding I would definitely help on the project.  I’ve completed framework projects and new races inside basic war 2. You would need to get someone to re work or find ways to add dif spells to dif races.

The version of Warcraft’ 2 I have is split between two dif versions.

Orcs vs Humans
Orcs vs Trolls
Orcs vs elves

Each one has their completed graphics, they would just need identities and programming.

You could basically bring in the 5 races (your dwarves) which is still considered Warcraft 2 races, add to wargus.  Then find a way for multiplayer support.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 02:10:18 PM by Incos »
https://www.twitch.tv/incoswc - my twitch. Streaming 9:30pm - 11pm est most days!!