Author Topic: who did you look up to  (Read 1802 times)

Offline WillTheRealKoorbStandUp

• Grunt
    • View Profile
who did you look up to
« on: November 26, 2020, 11:05:30 PM »
when you first started or still improving, what other players did you look up to?

i looked up to these players mainly

for me on zone falkentyne impressed me with his odd unique b weird humans style, i use to plau humans only mostly for years because of him.

xslider, on zone, trained me basics, 2 rax rush etc

khb on bnet, seemed so dominate in skill and personality

mid ru, wargasm i always viewed as the cool guy everyone was mates with, he always talked to me with respect.

dugs for his friendly attitude and funny smurfin aye scorpion2000, using the chat bug to fake convos for laughs many lols

shotgun for dominating me in 1s, we use to hate each othen talked shit, first one vs one, i beat him by cannon bk of 6, next few years lost like 20 or 30 straight games.. only barely winnin a few late ru, always looked up to his consistant skills

pre2019burnt, for his dedication to growing and building wc2 for the heart of the game,  and not gwttin caught up in shit talk and drama,
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 03:28:22 AM by WillTheRealKoorbStandUp »

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: who did you look up to
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 11:24:35 PM »
its_hot_in_herr in my own personal opinion had the potential to be the best war2 player ever.

nice guy... but by far the most creative and unconventional. i highly suspect he is a genius with an extremely high IQ.

i just don't think he took it seriously enough to ever prove anything to anyone else. he proved to himself what he was capable of and that was enough.

DjinnKahn was up there as well. Pretty much same situation. Very friendly. Highly intelligent. Capable of dominating pretty much everyone if he had the desire to... but again, didnt have a desire to prove anything to anyone else.

Offline woofy

• Server Admin
  • Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 03:09:44 AM »
Lothar and Falkentyne

those doods taught me that to win lategames with humans, you need to play an entirely different strategy, i.e defensive/contain & bleed them (if you can't out-wit them early game with cheese or unorthodox attacks)

and obv shotgun and war2timetodie from zone in the late 90's, i still play with them even now i'm all grown up!

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 08:34:53 AM »
When I first started playing gow I followed Paperboy~sol and Yamon mostly. Picked up a lot from them in the beginning.

Nowadays I mostly learn from Sepi and Lone.
war2 > war3

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 03:58:13 PM »
BNE:

xRIPx_Th0rn aka ~)Warlord(~- Leader of my old xRIPx clan
SocxDenni- Best player of Soc on BNE
SocxWarchief- Always a class act

RU:

F player- ~Wooferz~ (something like that)- nobody knew who tf he is/was but guy was real good. Not personal at all. Used to play with his wife, beardedgoat. Maybe Joe? The only guy I know too who can play EF and go mass air and beat good people.

WG/Lux- Really nice/smart people with great personalities. Both are very patient (something I envy/respect). When I first parded WG, we played real well. I was like nice, we are a real good team. Then I later realized, he is so good that he is good with anyone on his team, lol. Also they are some of the few people on here that I trust.

Offline LoRyS.iT

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 12:50:44 PM »
its_hot_in_herr in my own personal opinion had the potential to be the best war2 player ever.

nice guy... but by far the most creative and unconventional. i highly suspect he is a genius with an extremely high IQ.

i just don't think he took it seriously enough to ever prove anything to anyone else. he proved to himself what he was capable of and that was enough.

DjinnKahn was up there as well. Pretty much same situation. Very friendly. Highly intelligent. Capable of dominating pretty much everyone if he had the desire to... but again, didnt have a desire to prove anything to anyone else.

ITS_HOT is an italian player so i know him pretty well, definitly the strongest EF italian player we have had.
He was very good at 1s and impressive in team game aswell. i could overwhelm him at F only when we both were at peak.

but during the years i spent playing this game i loved Viruz and Swift. loved watching their 1s