Author Topic: New invitation to play Danny's AI Fixes Edition Single player (BNE)  (Read 16526 times)

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Hello guys. I'd like to release to anybody the overall warcraft 2 community a new project called Danny's AI Fixes Edition (DAIFE)

If you would ever like to play a casual level but slightly harder difficulty warcraft 2 challenge then I make to any of you an invitation to test out my new little project. Any feedback you can deliver me through the twitch.tv stream is pretty welcome... All information needed is into the README file...

Description in twitch channel:   https://twitch.tv/dannyldd/about

Warcraft Danny's AI Fixes Edition (DAIFE).
This little mod allows you to play the Warcraft 2 campaigns but beyond that, AIMS to fix just as many bugs as possibly had any of the missions keeping up the original maps as they were just as much as I could. Also, increasing slightly the original difficulty from those maps as well.
All of the above results in a harder but also the original difficulty experience intended by Blizzard Entertainment without mostly of the bugs that were present into the campaign maps since back then in 1995.

NOTE: Please take a look in the README file for any further information.
Public feedback is well appreciated.
Good luck & Have fun
Currently available the Orc campaign from Tides of darkness (Jan 30th, 2021).

** April 26th, now warcraft 2 Danny's AI Fixes Edition is fully completed with the Alliance campaign from beyond the dark portal. Feel free to give it a try ! Any feedback is welcome.

Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpubo59mmhmca2i/Warcraft%202%20DAIFE%20BNE%20v5.6.rar?dl=0

*** NEW UPDATE, June 06th 2021 ***

From now on, newer updates are uploaded here:      https://gamebanana.com/mods/288680
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 01:50:41 PM by dannyldd »

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 08:31:30 PM by dannyldd »

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: New invitation to play Danny's AI Fixes Edition Single player
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 09:11:40 PM »
Just added up the Orc campaign from Beyond the Dark Portal.

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: New invitation to play Danny's AI Fixes Edition Single player
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 02:00:24 PM »
Just added up the final campaign after being a while out of Warcraft 2. Now the Alliance campaign from Beyond the Dark Portal has been added up to the fully ready patch file so you can now play properly all 4 campaigns from War2 DAIFE through your main campaigns menu.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpubo59mmhmca2i/Warcraft%202%20DAIFE%20BNE%20v5.6.rar?dl=0

This is the version 5.0 which may probably the final one, unless there may be some other bug or tweak to be done... This version is fully functional now and if you ever bring it up a try then please don't hesitate to let me know either from here or https://twitch.tv/dannyldd ... All information you need to know about this warcraft 2 mod is available from the -README- file from the link above. Enhanced version with some little improvements to the game experience is also added up in the link.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 04:23:27 PM by dannyldd »

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Final version now is v5.5 for DAIFE Battle net edition and DOS version. Link in first comment... No more changes may be applied to the mod unless some new bug is reported. Please don't hesitate to bring me up your feedback either here or in https://twitch.tv/dannyldd

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: New invitation to play Danny's AI Fixes Edition Single player (BNE)
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2021, 06:23:24 PM »
DAIFE v6.0 and DAIFE ENHANCED v6.0 area already available in >> https://gamebanana.com/mods/288680

A whole set of new features for Warcraft 2 are available in ENHANCED version, please read the update notes for all the information you need to know about it.

All whole set of new enhanced features are COMPATIBLE with Multiplayer aside of the single player. Keep in mind that if you use on MULTIPLAYER or LAN or with a 2nd person remember that ANY OF YOU need to have the war2patch.mpq file  if ever plan to play vs COMPUTER in MULTIPLAYER or you will get a crash client.

This mod was tested up along with the whole set of features through the past months in my little twitch.tv stream >> https://twitch.tv/dannyldd

If you would ever like to support my job into it, please consider donating to my paypal address: https://www.paypal.me/dannyldd

Good luck & Have fun !!

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 03:35:07 PM »
Since a couple of weeks ago was released DAIFE Enhanced v6.0 already. This patch serves quite a couple of new enhancements to the base warcraft 2 game and specifically to the one from this community.  Between all changes you can find new sprites + sound effects + portraits + tilesets. The patch is free to use and fully compatibl with the russian installer (not russian language necessarily) from this community. Any further information you need to know either about base DAIFE or DAIFE Enhanced, is available in: 
https://gamebanana.com/mods/288680

Current and probably last version now is v6.12. So if you would like to bring up a more fresh experience to your multiplayer experience (yes, DAIFE Enhanced is almost 100% compatible with multiplayer experience or LAN) then please feel free to use my patch.

This is a little reminder if you didn't read up completely all info in the link above:  DAIFE Enhanced or even the regular DAIFE, works properly but the only case which will bring you up any problem is whenever you play against computer in multiplayer or LAN. At this case if you want to keep still using DAIFE Enhanced then you NEED to deliver the war2patch.mpq file to your friend/s or any person that plays with you against computer. You will get a client crash if this is not applied.

If you got any feedback using this little mod then please deliver it to me either here or in gamebanana or my little twitch stream: https://twitch.tv/dannyldd
Good luck & have fun

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 05:39:05 AM »
I just read your post about bugs with loading saves in campaings and I'm shocked, cause I was playing War2 campaigns since I was 6 years old and never noticed any bugs anywhere. Good catch  :thumbsup:

Got your fixed version and sometimes I have a strange issue with very fast briefing texts. So far I passed first mission from expansion so I cannot say anything more. Soon I will play more, thanks  :slight_smile:

Spoiler
Funny idea to put own face on the game menu screen :D If I would make something like this I would probably replace Danath's face with mine :D

Passed second mission. It was difficult already in classic version but here it's like twice that hard. I had to try few times and finally beat it by rushing red player (Warsong Clan). So good that Danath is in this mission, he was very helpful with rushing red but he almost died few times. Nice mission, I really like your changes here, especially land connection with yellow player and more advanced script for red. Disable Mage Tower and removing first ballista were a smart changes too. 

Spoiler

Third mission in progress. Again I have a problem with dealing with this  :D I feel like I'm playing Alaunter campaing on hard mode. Of course lose few time and I had to rush one enemy. With fourth or maybe fifth time I managed to destroy orange before he gets op bloodlust skill. Firstly I have  trained a ballista. Counterattacked after first orange's attack with Turalyon, start army and two peasant to tower rush orange and finally it looks like I will have a chance... but my first base is ruined. It really should be that hard in your version?

Spoiler

Spoiler
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 04:12:00 PM by Vendar »

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2021, 03:46:58 PM »
I just read your post about bugs with loading saves in campaings and I'm shocked, cause I was playing War2 campaigns since I was 6 years old and never noticed any bugs anywhere. Good catch  :thumbsup:

Got your fixed version and sometimes I have a strange issue with very fast briefing texts. So far I passed first mission from expansion so I cannot say anything more. Soon I will play more, thanks  :slight_smile:

Spoiler
Funny idea to put own face on the game menu screen :D If I would make something like this I would probably replace Danath's face with mine :D

Passed second mission. It was difficult already in classic version but here it's like twice that hard. I had to try few times and finally beat it by rushing red player (Warsong Clan). So good that Danath is in this mission, he was very helpful with rushing red but he almost died few times. Nice mission, I really like your changes here, especially land connection with yellow player and more advanced script for red. Disable Mage Tower and removing first ballista were a smart changes too. 

Spoiler

Third mission in progress. Again I have a problem with dealing with this  :D I feel like I'm playing Alaunter campaing on hard mode. Of course lose few time and I had to rush one enemy. With fourth or maybe fifth time I managed to destroy orange before he gets op bloodlust skill. Firstly I have  trained a ballista. Counterattacked after first orange's attack with Turalyon, start army and two peasant to tower rush orange and finally it looks like I will have a chance... but my first base is ruined. It really should be that hard in your version?

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm glad you're currently give this little mod a try captain.

Are you actually playing DAIFE v6.3 ? Since some time the new updates are being uploaded to the link from bottom in the first post done here. But also difficulty may have changed since the other DAIFE versions that were posted to download in later links than first post.

Difficulty that you're currently seeing here is not only set up by Blizzard Entertainment, but with some difficulty boost from my side. Attacks are faster, but definetely not meant to be Insane.

I could make an easier version than DAIFE into the future if it's too much for your taste. Since this mod attempts to expose the real difficulty intended by Blizzard on code, it may turn already harder than what 100% of warcraft 2 warriors ever knew about this game and it's campaigns. It may catch you off guard since it's way too different already to face level 1 enemies against fully upgraded ones. As far as I remember, red and orange orcs may fully upgrade here.

I could either suggest that you take it easy with this mod nor pull off your warcraft 2 skills, but also it can be a nice time to explore different strategies or look up into the future if I make an easier version of DAIFE.

I see that you're taking screenshots from the classic wasteland tileset, so you're actually playing regular DAIFE but not DAIFE Enhanced. If you're willing to see a whole set of new game features within the game (single and multiplayer), you can try out DAIFE Enhanced which is available on the same bottom link from first post (gamebanana).

Be that as it may, I truly appreciate from the bottom of my heart that you gave this mod a try. It took a ton of passion to complete it.

P.D: the face you saw in main menu is a Twitch emote but not my ugly face though.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 04:17:53 PM by dannyldd »

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2021, 07:19:50 PM »
Thanks, I will give a try Enhanced version someday :slight_smile:

I have tried today to continue third exp. mission from save but I faced a bug here with AI. Purple player stop attacking me with dragons and red one attacks only with 2 grunts now. Previously he was attacking with few units, ogre-mages and catapults. Good to hear that there is more updated version, I think you would notice this issue before me so it's probably fixed  :peon:

Not sure if easier version is really needed. I'm not a pro level player and I wasn't playing multiplayer matches for many years so well... my skills are  :poo: at the moment. Just playing for fun and if I will reach some point/mission that would be too much for me I will give up. But to be honest, I was a little bit shocked because I played old campaigns many times in my life and now AI still behaves similarly but it's way more difficult. Guess now it works how it should  :newthumbsup:

From my side, I appreciate your passion and effort you put here in these campaigns. People with true passion are always the great ones  :wc2:

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2021, 08:02:13 PM »

I have tried today to continue third exp. mission from save but I faced a bug here with AI. Purple player stop attacking me with dragons and red one attacks only with 2 grunts now. Previously he was attacking with few units, ogre-mages and catapults. Good to hear that there is more updated version, I think you would notice this issue before me so it's probably fixed  :peon:

Not sure if easier version is really needed. I'm not a pro level player and I wasn't playing multiplayer matches for many years so well... my skills are  :poo: at the moment. Just playing for fun and if I will reach some point/mission that would be too much for me I will give up. But to be honest, I was a little bit shocked because I played old campaigns many times in my life and now AI still behaves similarly but it's way more difficult. Guess now it works how it should  :newthumbsup:

From my side, I appreciate your passion and effort you put here in these campaigns. People with true passion are always the great ones  :wc2:

I did bring a ton of passion to make possible either DAIFE or the other mods available from:
https://gamebanana.com/mods/games/5904

Your feedback is well appreciated captain, will take a look if can replicate  and fix it.

If you liked it please don't hesitate to share it with your friends or bring any feedback you want since I have got almost 0 feedback about the mods.

Good luck & Have fun fellow warrior.

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2021, 08:13:01 PM »
Please remember that the mod comes with an extra file called SaveLoadFixByMistral which is a plugin you gotta need to set into Plugins folder. In short terms, this will fix several bugs that are caused with using save-load in-game features since 1995. This plugin may allow to play the single player properly, saving and loading as many times as you want without bugging out the computer's behavior. One of the issues is that computer may not keep attacking properly after reloading at least once. So this may be a reason why red and purple stopped attacking you, unless you set up the plugin in the folder before.

Will check out if can fix that issue.

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2021, 11:51:43 AM »

Just released now DAIFE v6.4 update. Red transports used to be a bit stucked with enemy ships. They should keep attacking now with no issue: https://gamebanana.com/mods/288680

Offline Vendar

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2021, 05:35:09 AM »
Hi again,

I downloaded latest version like you suggested, beat first two mission from BtDP and I stucked in third mission. Not sure if I will beat this one, orange orc gets bloodlust very fast and he's just slaying my units like a sheeps. Player still doesn't have a blizzard so I have to beat it with units or towers.
I watched your gameplay from this mission and well... I am clicking as fast as you but orange still plays better than me  :) I think you must be better at balancing resources between economy and military than me and that's why you are winning. Maybe I will rush him before he gets bloodlust, but I guess it will take me a few more tries.

Or maybe I will just switch to orc campaigns  :)) That should be easier than dealing with randomly damaging ogres.

Anyway, I'm afraid there is still something wrong with game saving and loading. Now I'm much more focus on that then ever and I think red orc, in mission 2, stopped hiring units after loading so I could just do something like this in his base and he didn't make a single grunt to stop me:

Spoiler
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 05:38:39 AM by Vendar »

Offline dannyldd

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2021, 08:33:18 AM »
Take your time within the mod, don't feel any pressure to beat it all .. It's definetely above the casual level everyone were accustomed to in original warcraft 2 campaigns. Still, has a difficulty boost from my side instead of just exposing the real difficulty intended on code by Blizzard(which is already harder than the experience everyone have with this game).

I may make an easier DAIFE version into the future if you're looking up for it, which should fit way more the casual level even further.

Did you set the saveloadfixplugin file into Plugins folder ? If you did so, there's nothing you should be afraid of since that file should allow anybody to save and load as much anyone wants for the campaign missions.

Before this file was ever released, the only way to ensure proper functionality from computer in the whole mod was to play straight up missions without saving except the victory trigger. Now you should have no issue with it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 05:48:22 AM by dannyldd »