Author Topic: Reputation Plug In??  (Read 26681 times)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
Re: Reputation Plug In??
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 03:13:25 PM »
huge failure.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 04:00:35 PM »
Ehh now you came see a community base a decision on a member. Alot of us deserve the ratings we get. More positive people will now stand out...

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 04:04:38 PM »
12 ppl isnt a community though.

its a handful, a small group.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 10:43:36 PM »
Hmmm, seeing this thing in action now, I don't like it so much, since it's just an ongoing tally and doesn't reveal if a particular post was popular or unpopular.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2015, 10:54:47 AM »
Well it's called "karma", I'm not surprised it isn't post specific. I think this is more what people have in mind: http://smfhelp.org/index.php?topic=63.0 It sounds like the next version of SMF is phasing out karma entirely in favor of something more like this.
squeak!

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2015, 11:32:22 AM »
Well it's called "karma", I'm not surprised it isn't post specific. I think this is more what people have in mind: http://smfhelp.org/index.php?topic=63.0 It sounds like the next version of SMF is phasing out karma entirely in favor of something more like this.

this one sucks too cause there is no negative votes.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2015, 11:59:03 AM »
Not worth doing if you can't tear people down, eh Ganz?
squeak!

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2015, 12:05:39 PM »

The whole purpose of the plugin is to show the legitimacy of a post. Having just a positive number is meaniningless, so what if a post has 10 likes but 50 people would have disliked it? -40 would be a much more accurate representation than +10 in this case. However, I can understand how you dislike negative rep since you seem to be highly unpopular around these parts.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2015, 12:33:30 PM »
Its just another flaw in her overall failed system. She thinks she doing a great job but in reality shes fucking up what is left over of a small community. Who does she think shes ordering around...a bunch of 10 year olds? With her warning/"reform" system and anger/control issues.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2015, 01:20:00 PM »
Here is the problem with mouse. She selectively enforces the rules and has anger issues and holds personal grudges which is the opposite of what a mod should be. They should be neutral.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2015, 01:23:32 PM »
Here is the problem with mouse. She selectively enforces the rules and has anger issues and holds personal grudges which is the opposite of what a mod should be. They should be neutral.
Yep! Needs anger management classes [emoji54].

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2015, 01:31:52 PM »
chimpbrain TK has already been abusing the feature.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2015, 02:33:46 PM »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2015, 04:32:07 PM »

The whole purpose of the plugin is to show the legitimacy of a post. Having just a positive number is meaniningless, so what if a post has 10 likes but 50 people would have disliked it? -40 would be a much more accurate representation than +10 in this case. However, I can understand how you dislike negative rep since you seem to be highly unpopular around these parts.

That's a nice idea, but any such plugin would be useless here because people like yourself are too vindictive to give honest feedback based on content, and not petty bullshit like personal feuds. The only purpose of this plugin is to show who likes a particular posts. I'm sure there are others that do what you describe though. (In fact, I think I linked one in an earlier post.)

All the moderation actions I take are neutral. Other mods can be a punching bag for people's verbal abuse if they want, but I'm personally not going to kiss anyone's ass when they act like as big of an asshole as you and your buddy Ryu do. Go ahead and tag team me all you like, it's not going to change the perfectly reasonable moderation system that no one else has a problem with but the two of you. You just expect warnings to be given for whatever YOU want (namely, deleting every single insult that anyone directs at you ever), and when they're not then of course everything is biased. And Ryu just thinks he's god's gift to the forum and simple, easy-to-follow rules should apply to everyone but him. You're both as hateful and irrational as Equinox. I didn't waste my time on him, and I'm not wasting it on either of you.

Laughable man!
squeak!

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2015, 04:50:04 PM »

That's a nice idea, but any such plugin would be useless here because people like yourself are too vindictive to give honest feedback based on content, and not petty bullshit like personal feuds. The only purpose of this plugin is to show who likes a particular posts. I'm sure there are others that do what you describe though. (In fact, I think I linked one in an earlier post.)

All the moderation actions I take are neutral. Other mods can be a punching bag for people's verbal abuse if they want, but I'm personally not going to kiss anyone's ass when they act like as big of an asshole as you and your buddy Ryu do. Go ahead and tag team me all you like, it's not going to change the perfectly reasonable moderation system that no one else has a problem with but the two of you. You just expect warnings to be given for whatever YOU want (namely, deleting every single insult that anyone directs at you ever), and when they're not then of course everything is biased. And Ryu just thinks he's god's gift to the forum and simple, easy-to-follow rules should apply to everyone but him. You're both as hateful and irrational as Equinox. I didn't waste my time on him, and I'm not wasting it on either of you.

Laughable man!

reported and complaint filed.
Kali IGL Stats