Author Topic: Reputation Plug In??  (Read 26660 times)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Reputation Plug In??
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2015, 01:20:28 PM »
but i worked so hard on my karma :( and i believe adding that plugin is a goodbye to the current one.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2015, 01:47:44 PM »
This mod adds two new links to the Karma system which you can see in each post. These links contain the number of smites and applauds a post has.

This mod has no configuration since it relies on SMF's karma system settings.

Well, let's give it a shot.
squeak!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »
but i worked so hard on my karma :( and i believe adding that plugin is a goodbye to the current one.
I don't think so, because - oh, I was about to type out what it said on the link about including applauds and smites per post, but yeah, Mouse quoted it above already.  I think it uses the same karma system we have here, it just makes the per post votes visible.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2015, 03:27:38 PM »
Looks like the per post rating is a whole new feature in addition to the general score, which is just like people's overall opinion of you irrespective of individual posts. Now people can give positive or negative feedback on individual posts, and that rating also increments the total Karma score. The downside is that there's no limit to how many times an individual user can up or downvote a given post, so as with general Karma it's pretty easy to inflate the rankings.
squeak!

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2015, 03:32:59 PM »
I gave you a thumbs up on the above post.  It's now got 1 thumbs up and it increased your karma ranking by one.  That's good & means they are attached.  I also clicked the "applaud" link for an iL post and that in turn gave the post a thumbs up so the two are connected in both directions.

I'm not sure if you can vote the same post more than once... you would hope not but who knows... and you can't vote the same person more than once in 15 minutes anyway... which is kind of annoying and kind of good.  Prevents vote spamming.  But if I am reading the forum and think you made two good posts (if I want to applaud you for putting in the thumbs, and applaud you for fixing the avatars) I can't... 

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2015, 03:46:00 PM »
I also clicked the "applaud" link for an iL post and that in turn gave the post a thumbs up so the two are connected in both directions.
Oh okay, cool. I wonder if that applies retroactively ? I tested if you can vote on the same post multiple times on your previous post, all three of those upvotes are from me, so doesn't seem to be any restriction there.

The Karma plugin can be configured to allow "x votes per day", so in theory we could set that and disable the "one vote per user per 15 fifteen minutes" restriction. Nevermind, thought I saw that somewhere but I guess I imagined it.. So I guess it's either keep the wait time or allow Karmaspam.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:50:17 PM by mousEtopher »
squeak!

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2015, 03:54:06 PM »
It doesn't apply retroactively, because I checked some previously voted on posts and they didn't have any thumbs.

It's weird to me it'd let someone vote on the same post more than once.  That shouldn't be possible.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2015, 09:34:51 PM »

........ And Ryu just thinks he's god's gift to the forum and simple.......

Now that made me laugh  ;D

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)