Author Topic: Multilingual server  (Read 6550 times)

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
Re: Multilingual server
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 12:21:54 PM »
iL:

can u put that spanish iso somewhere i can dl it plz

along with the mpq tools, thanks.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 12:25:07 PM by SmurfKinG »

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 05:24:58 PM »
i just re downloaded it

now what

the  download links in original thread from back then are broken.
http://war2.warcraft.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23422&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

i remember i need to edit hotkeys and some unit names cuz in spanish are badly coded.
(like the paladin cuz the unit its called paladan but you train it in barracks as 'clerigo')

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 05:28:05 PM by SmurfKinG »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2015, 05:15:50 PM »
i remember i need to edit hotkeys and some unit names cuz in spanish are badly coded.
(like the paladin cuz the unit its called paladan but you train it in barracks as 'clerigo')
Nice to see you re downloaded it already.
If you have plans to make the list of resource files (with files are important for which language thing), would be great to share that info between the community.
That will help future releasers to make multilingual builds. Otherwise one will have to do that himself.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2015, 08:42:51 PM »
k the goal is to have war2combat in spanish (with spanish unit sounds)

so whats the way for doin this, refresh my mind plz, (the old thread is confusing)
:P

i need to extract what and send you what?

but i do want to do a couple of things.

} There are several spelling errors, like heal in spanish is "curacion" and it says "curacian"
   or like, Paladin its paladin, and it says paladon, and when you train the "paladon" the actual paladin is not called paladin but "Clerigo"
 there are several, around 8 or 10 spelling errors like this, cant believe the poor gametesting for spanish blizzard did for this game.

also theres even a hotkey duplicated error, they put  the same hotkey "T" for building altar of storms and dk temple. which ends in only working for the altar of storms, and dk temple, in other words, doesnt have a hotkey.

so the other thing i want to do is change all the hotkeys to english hotkeys.
ill submit 2 versions. original spanish hotkeys with the obvious fixes,
and spanish version with english hotkeys.
i remember for editing hotkeys reading some TBL File but the tbl editor tupac posted there its linkdead, so can u put me in the righit dir where to download or what files to read.

thx

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 04:47:51 PM »
k the goal is to have war2combat in spanish (with spanish unit sounds)
Sure, the goal is to have combat totally in spanish: all dialogs, names, messages, sounds, videos, etc...

i need to extract what and send you what?
I'd say you need to extract everything and check which files are language-dependent.

Unit sounds is the easiest thing: it's war2dat\Gamesfx directory grouped by units.

Lots of dialogs are located in war2dat\rez. That is a directory with the text data, so i think would be easy to replace it totally for spanish version.
If you have plans to fix some grammar errors, your should edit that files.

Not sure about war2dat\art. Probably need to replace some files from there.
Some pictures have words (in english). You should replace them to the same spanish files.

Another interesting question is about hotkeys.
It is a question to spanish-spoken people, but i think everybody knows english hotkeys, but spanish version have spanish ones.
You probably need to replace hotkeys to english. That is much manual work (we changed hotkeys for russian combat to well-known english).
(Someting like to replace "yCONSTRUIR AYUNTAMIENTO" to "hCONSTRUIR AYUNTAMIENTO (H)")
That is file war2dat\rez\stat_txt.tbl

As i remember we used someting like tblpad to edit stat_txt.tbl file, but i'm not sure...
I'll create new topic to attach tbl utilities...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 07:44:48 PM »
alright.

yes thats what i have in mind about the hotkeys. write a "L" letter for the hotkey a command represents that are the same as in the english version.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:46:50 PM by SmurfKinG »

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 08:55:30 PM »
Bump ! For the guy who just pmed me. This information will show you how to change hotkeys. There is also another thread where I told smurfking how to change the hotkeys. The search here sucks and didn't find it so hope this will help also check out the welcome thread in the mods it will also help you to complete your task.

Please move this to mods!

Offline Talrand

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 08:58:14 PM »
Thank you a lot tupac :D