Author Topic: anti hack gold mine in different war2 versions  (Read 24672 times)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
anti hack gold mine in different war2 versions
« on: March 19, 2015, 05:00:47 AM »
Just hope you understand when i said anti hack i talk about the one we already have... the one who keep show gold mine when you try to close map hack.
I see, 2.0.2.0 could be considered an antihack: not perfect, but better then nothing until we have something better

The gold mine anti hack is not comming from 2.0.2.0 but from your client or 4.0 patches.

We have to bring this anti hack on other client by 4.0 patche.

So people cant play other patches of 4.0 and they can download 4.0 with other clients to play on server,  but are not gonna be able if they try with other patchs..

Overall

- Every clients need to play with 4.0 patche or they cant play.
- Anti gold mine have to work on every differente clients.
- Latency have to be fix and not corrupted anymore when we try to use warlat between different clients.

I dont know if it's possible to do that, but if it is, it will be a great way to do for everyone.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 05:06:35 AM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: anti hack gold mine in different war2 versions
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 05:10:40 AM »
The gold mine anti hack is not comming from 2.0.2.0 but from your client or 4.0 patches.
Wondering how it's possible, i didn't add anything related to gold mine antihack into 4.0.

Probably it's a separate technical quiestion to discuss it here, let's make another thread about that?

Overall

- Latency have to be fix and not corrupted anymore when we try to use warlat.
Agree if you right about 4.0 and about latency.

Latency between 2.0.2.0, 2.0.2.1 and 4.0 is another interesting technical question to check probably deserved a separate topic.
I have no idea how you checked that...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 05:11:42 AM »
Wondering how it's possible, i didn't add anything related to gold mine antihack into 4.0.

Probably it's a separate technical quiestion to discuss it here, let's make another thread about that?

Overall

- Latency have to be fix and not corrupted anymore when we try to use warlat.
Agree if you right about 4.0 and about latency.

Latency between 2.0.2.0, 2.0.2.1 and 4.0 is another interesting technical question to check probably deserved a separate topic.

I suppose you dint create 4.0 from nothing, you probably modify 3.15 and the last setting of 3.15 are still in 4.0

Cant you just block other patches to the server, so i will try to install 4.0 on war2orginal client and see if anti hack and warlat work.. maybe you just have to block other patches here and nothing to do more.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 05:17:50 AM by Equinox »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 05:34:54 AM »
I suppose you dint create 4.0 from nothing, you probably modify 3.15 and the last setting of 3.15 are still in 4.0
Yes, and there were just changes in the installer or w/e, no idea how it can work as goldmines antihack.

So, you mean goldmines will disappear if we disable maphack in combat 3.15 and earlier?

Cant you just block other patches to the server, so i will try to install 4.0 on war2orginal client and see if anti hack and warlat work.. maybe you just have to block other patches here and nothing to do more.
All the combats based on 2.0.2.0, so server will see that. There's no internal way to check which build of combat is being used, only if i add some check into the new loader...
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 05:43:07 AM »
5 pages of worthless words, I asked for a vid comparison for different versions to present that "latency bug" and you moved that post to OFFTOPIC. If that really IS just a warlatency incompatibility for older version, eq is officially even more retarded than ever. And now...
damn bro, where u gettin those wild ideas from

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion from: To close war2 clients except combat or not to close
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 05:50:23 AM »
Yes, and there were just changes in the installer or w/e, no idea how it can work as goldmines antihack.

So, you mean goldmines will disappear if we disable maphack in combat 3.15 and earlier?

All the combats based on 2.0.2.0, so server will see that. There's no internal way to check which build of combat is being used, only if i add some check into the new loader...

Yes anti hack gold mine came from way before 4.0, it always been able on 3.15 and probably 3.0.5, but never dint work on orginal war2client and other patches.

btw

I just try to install in warcraft II original client from 4.0 client.

ddraw.dll
libcurl.dll
Smackw32.dll
storm.dll
w2local.dll
war2dat.mpq
War2Patch.mpq
War2Ppatcher

Unfortunly the anti hack dont work and the warlat still corrupted, maybe i miss some important files??

It's look like this anti hack came from your own client and the war2lat cant be fix between different clients period.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:13:47 AM by Equinox »

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 06:23:34 AM »
(separated from here: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,666.0.html)
I asked for a vid comparison for different versions to present that "latency bug" and you moved that post to OFFTOPIC.

You right, but that was really offtopic there, so let's discuss this question here.
Let's discuss different subjects in different topics! Then one can find the required discussion in the future if needed.

Yes anti hack gold mine came from way before 4.0, it always been able on 3.15, but never dint work on orginal war2client and other patches.

Were exe be 2.0.2.0 in each tested client?
That is very strange, i'll try that also to find the difference.

Maybe different windows? XP -> 7?

ddraw.dll
libcurl.dll
Smackw32.dll
storm.dll
w2local.dll
war2dat.mpq
War2Patch.mpq
War2Ppatcher

Unfortunly the anti hack dont work and the warlat still corrupted, maybe i miss some important files??

If warlat still corrupted, that probably means your exe is 2.0.2.1. Never saw corrupted war2 with 2.0.2.0, it changes exe-process only AFAIK.

All the dll's are the same for 2.0.2.0 and 2.0.2.1 as i remember, so no reason to change them...
Not sure if it can be related to mpq-archives...

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 06:33:16 AM »
(separated from here: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,666.0.html)
I asked for a vid comparison for different versions to present that "latency bug" and you moved that post to OFFTOPIC.

You right, but that was really offtopic there, so let's discuss this question here.
Let's discuss different subjects in different topics! Then one can find the required discussion in the future if needed.

Yes anti hack gold mine came from way before 4.0, it always been able on 3.15, but never dint work on orginal war2client and other patches.

Were exe be 2.0.2.0 in each tested client?
That is very strange, i'll try that also to find the difference.

Maybe different windows? XP -> 7?

ddraw.dll
libcurl.dll
Smackw32.dll
storm.dll
w2local.dll
war2dat.mpq
War2Patch.mpq
War2Ppatcher

If warlat still corrupted, that probably means your exe is 2.0.2.1. Never saw corrupted war2 with 2.0.2.0, it changes exe-process only AFAIK.

All the dll's are the same for 2.0.2.0 and 2.0.2.1 as i remember, so no reason to change them...
Not sure if it can be related to mpq-archives...

Im not programmar so i cant really help from there, the only thing i know is this.

-Antihack gold mine was able in 3.15 and still able in 4.0
-Antihack gold mine dont work with warcraft II original client or 2.02 patche.

But there no doubt anti hack gold mine came from your client or 3.0.5, 3.15 or 4.0.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 07:00:07 AM »
The only benefit of using the newer client is that gold mines show on the mini map when maphack is disabled? That sounds incredibly easy to edit out of a screenshot, and this sounds like a ton of unnecessary work for a very small payoff. iL's time and energy would be much better spent on his anti-hack project IMO. Better protection and no collateral damage.
squeak!

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 07:11:04 AM »
The only benefit of using the newer client is that gold mines show on the mini map when maphack is disabled? That sounds incredibly easy to edit out of a screenshot, and this sounds like a ton of unnecessary work for a very small payoff. iL's time and energy would be much better spent on his anti-hack project IMO. Better protection and no collateral damage.

For ten year we have ask and send screen shot for absolutly no reason and waste our time.

Before we know everything of this, everything was good because everyone was thinking it was real.

Nobody except the hackers know it was possible to hack by this way and complety close their map hack.

Im sorry if i have no more confident about your way to take everything so easy like you said.

I thing the only way it should be, it's to keep that way of anti hack because everyone was good with that way to caught the hackers.

It's still a challenge to caught hackers or seen your totally retard and you ask ss for no reason, just will be cool if it work for real.

The anti hack of ill can be a great add on, but from start everyone should ask ss and see by themself at the right moment if the ennemie is legit or not.

This is a own personal anti hack, a kind of tool for players if you want, iL is more like an anti hack for admins and give no confident at all because we cant judge by ourself, sorry.

Also we have to fix this latency bug.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:20:22 AM by Equinox »

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 09:28:19 AM »
Edited screenshots take time and can be detected anyways....
This is the reason I ended it all.

The newb, the mad and the retired.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 09:39:05 AM »
No it doesn't lol, any typical gamer familiar with a game map can do it within a few minutes. And its not like a admin is going to review it on the spot...so time it takes them to post it and edit the screenshot is irrelevant.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:40:51 AM by EviL~Ryu »

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 10:23:47 AM »
What does "anti hack gold mine" mean?  Does it mean that mines stay on the mini-map when a hack is disabled?  Gold mines in black unexplored territory are the easiest thing I can possibly imagine to edit out, you just grab some black and write over them.  It'd be trivial.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 10:35:42 AM »
What does "anti hack gold mine" mean?  Does it mean that mines stay on the mini-map when a hack is disabled?  Gold mines in black unexplored territory are the easiest thing I can possibly imagine to edit out, you just grab some black and write over them.  It'd be trivial.
Exactly. We can clearly say Teron has never hacked before [emoji5] or tried to cover it up [emoji54]

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 11:51:52 AM »

exactly. And the entire discussion about "closing the other clients" comes down to:
- Maphackers will have to edit out goldmines from the minimap on screenshots
- Older clients are incompatible with warlatency, meaning that people using older clients will have relatively higher latency (which won't affect war2custom users at all)

Can you guys see what a joke this is or not just yet?

edit: oh, theres also "other versions have easier hotkeys thing", but to be clear, versioncheck will not detect manually edited hotkeys and its easy to do (been there, done that)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:59:26 AM by CLAW »