Author Topic: anti hack gold mine in different war2 versions  (Read 24653 times)

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
Re: anti hack gold mine in different war2 versions
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2015, 06:38:29 AM »
Ok. I still feel screentest-1.pcx is a legit ss. How did you edit that one? PM if necessary. Is it really edited? How long did you take?
This is the reason I ended it all.

The newb, the mad and the retired.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2015, 07:09:50 AM »
Ok. I still feel screentest-1.pcx is a legit ss. How did you edit that one? PM if necessary. Is it really edited? How long did you take?
It is edited. It can't be legit because look at the middle-left mine, it shouldn't be there. Same for the upper building @ 8. It didn't take longer than 5 mins.
I don't think it's wise to tell how it's done, black-box wisdom that it's indeed edited should be enough for educational/preventional/research purpose. Personally I think I'd be able to catch a lot of SS edits now.

Having said all that, I forgot that mainstream maphacks don't toggle off on "legit" war2 versions, the versioncheck is less useless in my eyes now. I'd still wait for the anti-hack instead, but whatevs. That's the first valid argument and I respect that

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2015, 01:35:16 PM »
I know another method that people use to make fake ss's but I don't know if I should post it or not as I am not sure how many people use it.
Kali IGL Stats