Author Topic: Different color sprite sheets  (Read 4495 times)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
Different color sprite sheets
« on: March 21, 2015, 11:32:38 AM »
Is it possible to get sprite sheets like this: http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/warcraft2/ for all eight colors? I'm specifically interested in the front facing peon but would like them all if they can be easily extracted somehow.

If anyone feels like taking a few screenshots of different colors manually in the map editor or something that'd be helpful too. Just like this:

Thanks guys!

Edit - Please no irrelevant garbage posts in a thread intended to accomplish something. You guys have plenty of other places to continue your post count war.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 10:36:35 PM by mousEtopher »
squeak!

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
Re: Different color sprite sheets
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 11:51:02 PM »
Yea I'm pretty sure. I can look and see what grp editor I used to extract all the images. I'm not sure if each color has it's own sprite I will double check. Maybe there was a code in war2 to shift the colors of the image. Give me a bit I'll get back to you.

Edit if your down to the barebones already and you can do some image work and tweak graphics for the community ;)

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 03:00:35 PM »
Okay, thanks! I've seen sprite sheets in both red & blue so hopefully there's a way to easily get the rest. It would be nice to have more variety for unit colors when making graphics and stuff.

Edit if your down to the barebones already and you can do some image work and tweak graphics for the community

Like edit the sprite sheets to give peons a mohawk or something? xD
squeak!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 09:06:29 PM »
i'm just thinking of the map editor.  you can place these units down, and you can select what color they should be.  not sure about how you capture those units graphically though

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 01:36:14 AM »
Rofl that woukd be awesome. BTW there is alot of grp files that I went through last night so far I haven't found seperate colors yet still looking.

Yes Mohawk cool, and you could also tweak them all for better appearance with some standard filter from photo shop or something right?

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 10:56:30 AM »
i'm just thinking of the map editor.  you can place these units down, and you can select what color they should be.  not sure about how you capture those units graphically though

Just a screenshot I imagine. That would work decently well if there's no alternative, but does map editor let you control the direction a unit's a facing? At the very least you'd be missing out on all the action shots - walking, fighting, dying. Plus you have to fool with extracting the unit from the background.

Any luck tupac? If no I'll see if it's maybe possible to adjust the hue of of the sprite sheets to affect the alignment colors only, then maybe I could batch process them or something.

I don't think there's any PS filter than can improve upon the graphics though, they're all really pixel-perfect works of art. Manipulating them with some generic filter would probably only detract.

I did learn it's possible to scale them up though! That's pretty neat.
squeak!

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 11:04:03 AM »
well, screenshot would obviously capture the unit WITH the backgruond, but then youd have to use map editor if you wanted it transparent or w/e, even though the sprite obviously already exists transparent somewhere as map editor lets you drop it on top of any background.  im not into image editing so sorry if this doesn't make sense.  as for your question, yes they can face any direction, but the direction they face is determined randomly.  so you can place 20 of the unit down on the map and youll get all directions probably, or just keep placing and deleting, eventually youll get all directions.  this doesnt come with "action shots" like swinging the sword or whatever