Author Topic: Add a calendar.  (Read 21316 times)

Offline Orcish

• Peon
    • View Profile
Re: Add a calendar.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 11:40:30 AM »
Lazy admins killed this game

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 11:42:39 AM »

Be careful your gonna get ban.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 11:45:11 AM »
I don't think we should smite any idea that can help move this game forward. If it is a technical issue? OK there is some merit to hold off on the idea...But because she does not want to put the effort into it? Nice leadership you rodent.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:47:04 AM by EviL~Ryu »

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 11:46:28 AM »

Be careful your gonna get ban.
Only if you insult her "[emoji373]"Bag claw.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 11:51:50 AM »
Yep, some are so inactive that they are useless, some hate the current direction of the server and rage quit, some are left to do everything and overloaded, one is as you say "lazy". NICE ADMINISTRATION! [emoji54] [emoji107]

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 03:00:40 AM »
I wouldn't mind creating a Google Calendar for War2 and passing on the embed code to the admins.  This would be a great addition to the site and the forum.  This calendar could be shared and edited by every admin.  The calendar is then more likely to get updated when an admin hosts a tournament. We can even take it a step further and sync the calendar with Facebook events so that every time an event is created on Facebook it will also post on the calendar. 

I'd like to move forward with this.  Who do I send the embed code to?  If the admins have GMail accounts, please PM them to me and I will send an invite to the calendar.  I'll also discuss this with Burnt since I think he would use it the most as he hosts majority of the tournaments and manages the Facebook page (I think?).

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 03:11:23 AM »
I wouldn't mind creating a Google Calendar for War2 and passing on the embed code to the admins.  This would be a great addition to the site and the forum.  This calendar could be shared and edited by every admin.  The calendar is then more likely to get updated when an admin hosts a tournament. We can even take it a step further and sync the calendar with Facebook events so that every time an event is created on Facebook it will also post on the calendar. 

I'd like to move forward with this.  Who do I send the embed code to?  If the admins have GMail accounts, please PM them to me and I will send an invite to the calendar.  I'll also discuss this with Burnt since I think he would use it the most as he hosts majority of the tournaments and manages the Facebook page (I think?).

They can do it too, but they will do nothing comming from my ideas.

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 04:28:11 AM »

If any admin would like to implement this in the way I described, they are more than welcome to take charge of it. 

It's not a bad idea and I'm really glad you thought of it.  The admins aren't being biased toward your idea.  They have legitimate concerns about the calendar not being regularly updated.  I'm merely trying to provide a solution to this concern and take charge of this project with their approval.  The new forum has been designed in a way that it's focused on community driven improvements and contributions.  Antagonizing the admins constantly isn't going to help push this idea forward.  Instead, asking yourself how this can be accomplished in a way that it can work would be a much better way to make use of your time.  Brainstorm with the rest of the community if you need to.  Most would be glad to help you if you remain civil.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 05:45:57 AM »

If any admin would like to implement this in the way I described, they are more than welcome to take charge of it. 

It's not a bad idea and I'm really glad you thought of it.  The admins aren't being biased toward your idea.  They have legitimate concerns about the calendar not being regularly updated.  I'm merely trying to provide a solution to this concern and take charge of this project with their approval.  The new forum has been designed in a way that it's focused on community driven improvements and contributions.  Antagonizing the admins constantly isn't going to help push this idea forward.  Instead, asking yourself how this can be accomplished in a way that it can work would be a much better way to make use of your time.  Brainstorm with the rest of the community if you need to.  Most would be glad to help you if you remain civil.

Community is not about 3 admins who abuse of their power and 4 members of the forum who lick balls to be someone.

We already know this community, commuity is from the game himself, if they dont take time there i dont even see how the fuck they are able to take decision for this game.

These admins or biase and kill this game by being jalous, everyone know i can do alot for this game, there alot of peoples who already told them they want me as admin.

Because i know how to be attractive, i know how to help peoples from forum or directly in the game, im creative from any kind of view, i also got time to be one of the most active admin, i love this game and i want to improve it.

But they try to cock block any of my ideas and try to make it later on some cheap version to do like if i have never do nothing for this game or never had the idea.

I respect their work, even if they work like lazy ass and just dint realise it because they never seen other admins, but i dont respect them to killing this game for their own satisfaction.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 09:17:57 AM »

Props for taking some initiative. Google calendar sounds like a potentially good solution since it would be trivial to embed in both site & forum, and the FB events sync is a nice feature. (Though I'm not sure how often Burnt creates actual events for tournies etc? I think usually he just does that for the festival in July.) Are you also volunteering to keep the calendar up to date? That's what the project would really need to get off the ground.
squeak!

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 02:37:28 PM »

Props for taking some initiative. Google calendar sounds like a potentially good solution since it would be trivial to embed in both site & forum, and the FB events sync is a nice feature. (Though I'm not sure how often Burnt creates actual events for tournies etc? I think usually he just does that for the festival in July.) Are you also volunteering to keep the calendar up to date? That's what the project would really need to get off the ground.

You had originally offered the Google Calender solution to Equinox and it's a shame he didn't take charge of it right there.  I only built upon that idea. 

I can keep the calendar up to date as long as I'm notified of events by the admins.  I still hope to make the calendar available for editing between all admins though.  I'd like to try to work closely with Burnt on this if possible.  I wouldn't mind taking on the responsibility of creating Facebook events for the server either.  If the event is a tournament, we could even post a link on the event page for a challonge.com bracket that players can sign up on.  I'm sure we would definitely see an improvement in attendance for events/tournaments.  This will also help lessen Burnt's workload for tournaments.  I'll try to get in touch with Burnt about syncing the calendar with Facebook events.  Once I've created the calendar and added any upcoming events, I will pass on the embed code to you. 

All admins, please feel free to contact me if you  would like to have access to the calendar.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 03:09:51 PM »
well thats definitely better approach then equinoxes - who basically spams the forum about how much time he has and how admins wont implement his calendar instead of... you know... doing anything about it. Because anyone could

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2015, 11:53:40 AM »
I like how Equinox has been Cock Blocked by the admins of warcraft 2, now equinox will never find true love as long as the Fantastic Four admins are around

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2015, 11:58:20 AM »
I like how Equinox has been Cock Blocked by the admins of warcraft 2, now equinox will never find true love as long as the Fantastic Four admins are around

Lmfao "fantastic four", a lot of @$$ |<!$$!ňğ there winchester.

But it is good to see someone not being a sheep and challenging the current norms of this broken system.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:21:39 PM by EviL~Ryu »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2015, 12:27:52 PM »
Peoples can talkshit if they want, but if it was not of me, you guys were still on occult forum and nobody will take cares of you.