Author Topic: WarCraft II Event Calendar Discussion  (Read 17338 times)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
Re: WarCraft II Event Calendar Discussion
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2015, 06:05:23 PM »
everyone make sure to download hacks before the tourney
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2015, 08:07:37 PM »
The 60men tournament begins April 10, (i just picked the first friday that im available to manage it)

I tried to add to the calendar today but it said my token was invalid or something (maybe i waited too long to click the invitation link)

If u can add my tournament start date thatd be cool!!!

I'll look into the problem tonight.  I can add it but I think we should try to make it work on your side.  If I do end up having to add it:  On April 10, is there a specific time? Is it an all day event?  Will it span over a few days?

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2015, 11:56:53 PM »
The 60men tournament begins April 10, (i just picked the first friday that im available to manage it)

I tried to add to the calendar today but it said my token was invalid or something (maybe i waited too long to click the invitation link)

If u can add my tournament start date thatd be cool!!!

I'll look into the problem tonight.  I can add it but I think we should try to make it work on your side.  If I do end up having to add it:  On April 10, is there a specific time? Is it an all day event?  Will it span over a few days?

The 60men 1v1 Tournament has been added as an all day event on April 10th.  Please let me know if you would like to add a specific time. I'll resend the invite to the calendar.  I think the problem is that it's not a gmail address.  If you have the same problem, I recommend creating a gmail account.

Update: We could create a Facebook event for this in the War2 group as it would give it more exposure.  Now that I've synced the War2 group's Facebook events to the calendar, once the event is created on Facebook it will then be added to the calendar.  Please let me know the time it will occur if you'd like for me to create the Facebook event for you. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 03:07:26 AM by Rit »

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2015, 12:36:33 AM »
Rit you need admin on the fb pages to do what you were planning?

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2015, 02:40:05 AM »
Rit you need admin on the fb pages to do what you were planning?

Nope.  I had originally thought it was a page and then realized it was a group.  Turns out any member of the War2 Facebook group can create an event.  In fact, I've just finished setting up the sync between the group's Facebook events and the calendar on the website.  I've tested it and it works great.  The events are added to the calendar in the format of: (Start Time) (Event Name)

The Facebook group has over 1,000 members.  This is absolutely the best place to start advertising an event as it's likely to attract more people.

Also, I'd like to acknowledge the fact that this would not be possible without all of the hard work you've put in over the past few years.  The Dark Warrior videos, the tournaments, and advertising have helped keep this server going as time began to take it's toll on it.  This is what has helped accumulate over 1,000 members in a Facebook group.  Thank you for everything you've done to keep this server and game alive.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:48:07 AM by Rit »

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2015, 09:07:47 AM »
Burnt's the man.

I'll resend the invite to the calendar.  I think the problem is that it's not a gmail address.  If you have the same problem, I recommend creating a gmail account.

It needs to be a Google account. Gmail will work because gmail automatically has one tied to it, but you can create a Google account with any old email address, e.g. @yahoo. If you haven't specifically created a Google account with that address though it won't work.
squeak!

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2015, 01:01:03 AM »
December 9, 1995 - WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness NA Release for PC and Mac
December 9 1996 - WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness EU Release for PC and Mac
August 31, 1997 - WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness Release for Sony Playstation and Sega Saturn
August 31, 1997 - WarCraft II Tides of Darkness EU Release for Sony Playstation and Sega Saturn
November 27, 1997 - WarCraft II: Tides of Darkness JP Release for Sony Playstation and Sega Saturn

April 30, 1996 - WarCraft II: Beyond The Dark Portal Expansion Set NA Release
April 30, 1997 - WarCraft II: Beyond The Dark Portal Expansion Set EU Release
October 8, 1999 - WarCraft II: Battle.Net Edition Release

I will continue to post all historic dates here as they are added. 

I found the Kali release date on IGN.com which is June 8, 1997.  However, Kali.net states that they have been in business since 1995.  Any thoughts on this?

If anyone would like to do their own research and pass on specific dates of things you feel should be added to this calendar, it would help out a great deal. 

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2015, 07:16:26 AM »
The original MS-DOS version of Kali was created by Scott Coleman and Jay Cotton in the spring of 1995.

In the summer of 1995, Scott went off to work for Interplay Productions and Jay formed a new company, Kali Inc., to develop and market Kali. Jay and his team developed the first Windows version (Kali95) and all subsequent versions.

IGN lists Kali 95, so that's presumably the launch date of the Windows version. It says 6th, not 8th btw.
squeak!

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2015, 03:59:05 PM »
It says 6th, not 8th btw.

Indeed.  I need glasses. :D

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2015, 06:10:06 PM »
IGN lists Kali 95, so that's presumably the launch date of the Windows version.

Kali Wikipedia Page: "In the summer of 1995, Scott went off to work for Interplay Productions and Jay formed a new company, Kali Inc., to develop and market Kali. Jay and his team developed the first Windows version (Kali95) and all subsequent versions."

The 95 really threw me off. 

The following date has been added to the calendar:

June 6, 1997 - Kali Released for Windows