Poll

Should idling in the server be forbidden?

y
2 (13.3%)
n
13 (86.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Idling in .ru  (Read 3426 times)

Offline RipE[Eur0]

• Berserker
  • LAWL! LICK MY RIPESTICKZ0R H0M0 :D
    • View Profile
Idling in .ru
« on: March 14, 2015, 07:49:26 AM »
cant get gamez. maybe some time frame. 30-40minz idling insta boot? there iz always min. 15ppl in the chat. it makes it look like u can get a game but u cant....

just a thought.

ok. bring it on niggaz. give ur shit comments when sum1 is actually saying something productive once in a this forums fucking history.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Idling in .ru
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 08:31:53 AM »
My opinion:

the MAIN channel should be filled with active people only, willing to game or chat, doesnt matter. And possibly hosting bots. the other IDLers should get kicked after ~~30mins to some side "afk/relax/chill zone" channel

so:
idling in the server should be allowed, but idling in the main channel should be discouraged.

but i dont consider that a priority. I'd love to see the newbie compstomp hosting bot, and the way i see it is the 'listener' would sit in the "newbie" chat channel and advertise the games, such as 'some1 just joined XX game, 1 player remaining until the start' 'comp stomp: EASY' just got hosted! etc. it's really not that hard to change the iL's hosting bot coding, 30minute work. 24/7 lag free hosting is probably an issue here

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 08:49:07 AM »
I wouldn't have a problem with it. As long as they're moved to some afk channel rather then booted off the server

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 10:12:11 AM »
I wouldn't have a problem with it. As long as they're moved to some afk channel rather then booted off the server
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 11:06:08 AM »
Does PvPGN even have a option for this?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 05:58:36 PM »
moving idlers to idle channel sounds alright

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 10:25:54 AM »
I like the idle players.

Offline Harrywangs

• Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 07:44:00 PM »
I don't mean to be rude but I think this is a bad idea. Let me explain....

Think about it this way, if you have idle people booted, you will have, let's say, 12 people in the channel on average. Anyone new who comes in and sees 12 people in the channel will go, this game is fucking dead (more than it is). Even though it may annoy some people (for whatever reason) when people are AFK in the channel, I think it makes the server seem more active than it really is.

Also, I often idle while eating/watching something and go back to see who is on or what messages I've missed. This enables me to want to play more if I've missed something or someone is on or says they will be back in 30mins.

It doesn't harm anyone and it has no adverse affects on anything. Why make a rule for no reason?

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 08:10:39 PM »
Exactly what I was thinking Harry.  Good post.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 10:23:52 PM »
I Change my position on this subject. Let idlers stay.
(  I had not voted anyway, I just did. )

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 07:39:50 PM »
Think about it this way, if you have idle people booted, you will have, let's say, 12 people in the channel on average. Anyone new who comes in and sees 12 people in the channel will go, this game is fucking dead (more than it is).
on the other hand, seeing 100's of people who never talk or play and just, well, sit there, also creates the impression of a "ghost town". Personally I'd rather see 5 active, playing/talking/alive people rather than 30 forever-afk bots. I think it's not a binary issue here.

Also, I often idle while eating/watching something and go back to see who is on or what messages I've missed. This enables me to want to play more if I've missed something or someone is on or says they will be back in 30mins.
Well, there's /away command too. The "brb 20 mins" affecting your gameplay has literally less than 0.05% probability of happening, why even include it in this post?

It doesn't harm anyone and it has no adverse affects on anything. Why make a rule for no reason?
it's harder to find a game, one can never tell if anyone's in the channel, if I saw only myself i wouldn't bother with "1v1 wanted" messages, which may happen in a channel with 15 idle players/bots.

moreover, it ruins the "/who war2bne" command which can be used FROM a game to check who's online to (possibly) invite a certain player to the game. Because the screen gets filled with worthless perm-idle bots.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 07:41:11 PM »
the results of this poll are worthless too, even I voted NO because i don't think it should be forbidden to IDLE in the server, just the MAIN CHANNEL.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 01:19:14 AM »
I don't think idling is something we should fight at least now.
Let them make an illusion of quantity, why not?
Status or w/e tools will show the real idle time also.

Maybe later (after we have avg 100+ or 200+ online) that will be a reason to drop idlers from the server.
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 03:26:46 AM »
the results of this poll are worthless too, even I voted NO because i don't think it should be forbidden to IDLE in the server, just the MAIN CHANNEL.
Why? U act like they bothering you.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)