Author Topic: Official advertising account?  (Read 4083 times)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Official advertising account?
« on: March 29, 2015, 08:10:18 PM »
Idk if its a thing or not, but perhaps war2.ru should have an official account with /announce priviledges, e.g. "Tournament". The tournament hoster would ask for permission in some sticky thread and admins would give him pass. The sticky thread should have rules about /announcing as well, such as:
'announce should be used not more often than every 30mins before the day of the tournament'
'announce can be used as often as every 15mins X hours before the tournament'
'thou shalt announce only official, formal messages about the tournament exclusively'

i mean... yeah? lol. Just a thought. I think we had temp voice for the tournament directors, but perhaps not everyone knows that.

The assclown trio, please gtfo from this thread.

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Official advertising account?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 09:18:14 AM »
My thoughts: everybody can advertise the tournament, request /ann permissions for that, we can give /ann permission for any known member then.
'announce should be used not more often than every 30mins before the day of the tournament'
'announce can be used as often as every 15mins X hours before the tournament'
'thou shalt announce only official, formal messages about the tournament exclusively'
Agree, looks reasonable.

Someone's intention to provide the tournament looks reasonable, i don't see any reasons to decline that.

Are there any offers from any possible tournament directors?
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 09:21:46 AM »
This is a pretty great idea for peoples who want to host tournaments, for other peoples who have higher ambition, like me! It's not appropriate yet!

But instead of make a new account, why not give this priviledge to the main account name directly? I mean they totally deserve it on their main account, and probably deserve a special icon too.

But yes thats a great idea.

USA-Archer look like a great option!

From ClownAss.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:31:25 AM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 10:07:17 AM »
I support and endorse this suggestion. I think its a good idea.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 10:52:12 AM »
This is a pretty great idea for peoples who want to host tournaments, for other peoples who have higher ambition, like me! It's not appropriate yet!

But instead of make a new account, why not give this priviledge to the main account name directly? I mean they totally deserve it on their main account, and probably deserve a special icon too.

From ClownAss.

Normal user level is 1, admin is user level is 255.  I believe there is a user level like 2 or something that allows /announce.  Then an admin could give the user this level and they could make announcements.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 11:01:06 AM »

From ClownAss.

Normal user level is 1, admin is user level is 255.  I believe there is a user level like 2 or something that allows /announce.  Then an admin could give the user this level and they could make announcements.

I dont know about level user and admins, but i think peoples who take times to made tournaments or leagues for this community deserve maybe a little bit more.

It's also give more impact if they can do everything from main account.

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 11:06:19 AM »
I like this idea.  I plan to host a few of my own tournaments in due time.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 11:14:13 AM »
If it's a dedicated account instead of just changing the user level of the person's regular account, then it could be given /voice in the channels and that wouldn't have to be removed.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 11:27:54 AM »
If it's a dedicated account instead of just changing the user level of the person's regular account, then it could be given /voice in the channels and that wouldn't have to be removed.

A permanant /voice comand on main account look perfect, but a better icon of the original voice will be very perfect.

Offline Delete mine too

• Death Knight
  • http://meatspin.com
    • View Profile
    • http://meatspin.com
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 12:26:35 PM »
Vop......

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 12:42:41 PM »

From ClownAss.

If its SB, 200 bud.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 03:28:35 PM »
Well its a matter of preference, i'd rather have one static, dedicated tournament account rather than temporary priviledges which would have to be given/taken away. It's up to adminz

and a sticky thread would be nice because not many are aware that this is even an option (rit, archers both seemed surprised). And if there is a sticky thread, might as well put there some general rules to prevent abuse. That was my logic in the first place