Author Topic: Community Tournaments Project  (Read 24429 times)

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Community Tournaments Project
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 11:21:24 AM »
If i know rules good, there no rules about promoting hacks, but this retard attitude dint deserve any support for anything from war2ru or anybody else.

This dude is completly a joke.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 03:49:57 PM »
Can I request you take it off?  That hacking tournament should not be recognized.  (there's a map hack download right on the sign up page)

It actually still hasn't posted to the website calendar (which is strange since they've been posting almost instantly).  At your request I will remove it, although I may wait to see how long it takes to actually appear on the calendar. 

Edit/Update: After just looking at the calendar now, it has been posted.  It has now been removed on the Google Calendar side and should update soon.

I've tried to stay out of this conversation as I feel it resides in a gray area.  I think it's a good example of an inadequacy in the rules of the server as anything that's written in stone is always open to interpretation and potential abuse.  My favorite page on the new website is the Server Etiquette page.  It has so much potential to replace the rules altogether.  I'd still like to see a community vote on things such as this to avoid the type of situation that we're currently in.  He won't be banned and attempts are being made to block him from advertising his tournament.  People have spoken out about it and he refuses to remove it.  There is no resolution to be seen so far and the bickering about it has gone on for days.  I think giving players the ability to bring up matters such as this to a vote with the rest of the community is much more productive.  The matter is then resolved quickly and less time is spent arguing about it.  The sole responsibility of the admins in these matter would be to enforce community decisions.  There are a lot of benefits to using a system like this.  I think it's something we should at least consider experimenting with. 

Since a admin is requesting that I remove this from the calendar, I will do so.  I also recommend that USA~Archer remove the link in order to avoid a lack of promotion for his tournament.  I'd like to see this tournament succeed.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 03:52:40 PM by Rit »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 04:06:39 PM »
Since a admin is requesting that I remove this from the calendar, I will do so.  I also recommend that USA~Archer remove the link in order to avoid a lack of promotion for his tournament.  I'd like to see this tournament succeed.
who doesn't, I think he's doing that on purpose to hold a grudge and, as ganz stated, host his own PVPGN server. Claim that .ru is corrupt, biased towards 60men players etc

Offline Winchester

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 05:04:59 PM »
people in the past like poonat

Poonat? lol

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 06:47:29 PM »
Ty for challonge Rit, i use it today for UWC1, was great.

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 07:11:20 PM »
Ty for challonge Rit, i use it today for UWC1, was great.

Glad to hear it.  Keep up the good work.  UWC looks interesting and when I get some time I will join in on it too.  Don't forget that all members of the WarCraft II Facebook group can create their own events within the group and once created it is added to the calendar.  If not, feel free to PM me with dates and times for all upcoming events you plan on having and I will add them to the calendar.  I think that more players will show up and join UWC if you make use of this.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 07:28:02 PM »
Well i dont have facebook anymore but if you take a look on UWC Subforum in the Tournament & Events section your gonna see a futur section where you can see all the upcomming event.. Its gonna be easier for me and for you, just take a look sometime and add what you see in the calendar if you can, thank you.

ps: i dont see my tournament on the official war2ru challonge page, it said no tournament found, is that normal??
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 07:31:28 PM by Equinox »

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 07:40:15 PM »
Well i dont have facebook anymore but if you take a look on UWC forum in the Tournament & event sections your gonna see a future section where you can see all the upcomming event.. Its gonna be easier for me and for you, just take a look sometime and add what you see if you can.

I don't think I'd be able to keep up with it.  It would make it easier on me to have tournament hosts send me their information to be posted on the calendar rather than me searching for it.  Feel free to delegate the responsibility to someone who wants to help with the tournaments.  That way they can post the upcoming events on Facebook.  A form will probably be added to the website soon to submit the events directly to the calendar.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 07:42:15 PM »
Maybe burnt can do it for us i dont know, but i dont have facebook anymore.

If i can have account for the calendar i will be able to add my tourney in it no doubt, but for facebook i cant.

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2015, 07:54:44 PM »
ps: i dont see my tournament on the official war2ru challonge page, it said no tournament found, is that normal??

2. Sign up for Challonge.com and submit your username here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zs9JfvucHdBZxa-mDdY2etB3jnDpkri_rea1lcP8vVc/viewform in order to gain permissions to host tournaments in the WarCraft II organization.  (You don't have to do this every time you want to host a tournament.  Once you're added, you're in.)

The above quote is from my sticky post on the tournaments board.  I haven't been sent a challonge.com username to allow you to create tournaments on the Warcraft II Challonge page.  Once you give me your username, I will give you the permissions.  In order for them to appear on the WarCraft II Challonge page, you must host it within that organization.

If i can have account for the calendar i will be able to add my tourney in it no doubt, but for facebook i cant.

Please PM me with your Google account and I will send you an invite.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 07:57:20 PM »
My challonge account is ( EquinoxRU ) Try to add my tournament of today update if possible thank you.

ps: i dont have google account either, can you not created a general one for everyone??

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2015, 09:29:28 PM »
My challonge account is ( EquinoxRU ) Try to add my tournament of today update if possible thank you.

You have been added and are now able to host tournaments.  You may want to look into moving it from your side (maybe in the bracket settings?).  I'm not sure if it's possible though.

ps: i dont have google account either, can you not created a general one for everyone??

I think there would be too many problems creating a google account for all players to use.  I'm pretty sure it will knock one user off of Google if another signs in.  I can't imagine what a pain the security would be since people will be logging in from all over the world.  I recommend creating a Google account in order to access this calendar.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 09:46:38 PM »
I just did the full tournament again from war2ru challonge page but i dint see it?? there still a probleme?

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 09:48:58 PM »
You clicked "New Tournament" on this page http://war2.challonge.com/ and recreated it?

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 09:53:13 PM »
yes i did, 2 times, it do nothing...  :-\