Author Topic: Community Tournaments Project  (Read 24412 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Community Tournaments Project
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 09:53:18 PM »
people in the past like poonat

Poonat? lol
Yeah aka godfreak aka TheSituation aka I forget what name

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 10:01:18 PM »
yes i did, 2 times, it do nothing...  :-\

I just tested it from my account and it posted.  Try one more time.  If that doesn't work, do we have anyone else who can test it?

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 10:08:22 PM »
It work now.

But i have a question, did my players scores from my tournaments gonna be mix with other tournament from other TD??
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2015, 08:40:03 AM »
Re the event calendar -- yes, a form will be added to the website at some point (probably at en.war2.ru/upcoming-events/, below the calendar) so people can submit their own events, no Google account or middleman necessary.

I'd still like to see a community vote on things such as this to avoid the type of situation that we're currently in. 

The sole responsibility of the admins in these matter would be to enforce community decisions.  There are a lot of benefits to using a system like this.  I think it's something we should at least consider experimenting with. 

This is more or less the current setup. People have started votes on several occasions, like the client vote & the current vote re USA-archer's site. Even the server rules were voted in by the community and our job as admins is just to enforce them.

It's difficult though because sometimes people go up in arms and call it "power abusing" when we make common sense moderation decisions to keep things running smoothly (like temp banning someone for spamming the entire forum, or deleting someone's Karma when they tried to game the system) but other times it's "You shouldn't even have to ask us, you should just do xyz". And this is re censoring posts/sigs/profiles etc. when censorship is supposedly the most heinous thing one can do on our free speech forum.

You make the obvious decision, people complain. You offer to let users decide for themselves, people complain (and end up following your advice anyway.. c:)
squeak!