Author Topic: This is why War2 will die pretty damn quick.  (Read 28078 times)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
This is why War2 will die pretty damn quick.
« on: April 05, 2015, 12:58:58 AM »
Absolutely NOBODY that has any type of moderator or administrative powers over the server or forum is actively involved in the actual community.

nobody (iL, Blid, Mouse, Burnt, or even LB when he was still admin) actually play war2 on a regular basis.

all of them do things outside of actual game play .. hosting tournaments,  moving threads around on the forums, deleting threads on the forums, locking threads on the forums, banning people from the forums, muting people on the forums, warning people on the forums, and creating updates to the actual server  ... but none of them actually get in games and interact with the community on a regular basis

how tha fuck is a game going to thrive when the people in charge of it don't even give a shit about playing it?

be honest. thanks.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
Re: This is why War2 will die pretty damn quick.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 01:03:12 AM »
Absolutely NOBODY that has any type of moderator or administrative powers over the server or forum is actively involved in the actual community.

nobody (iL, Blid, Mouse, Burnt, or even LB when he was still admin) actually play war2 on a regular basis.

all of them do things outside of actual game play .. hosting tournaments,  moving threads around on the forums, deleting threads on the forums, locking threads on the forums, banning people from the forums, muting people on the forums, warning people on the forums, and creating updates to the actual server  ... but none of them actually get in games and interact with the community on a regular basis

how tha fuck is a game going to thrive when the people in charge of it don't even give a shit about playing it?

be honest. thanks.
Already expressed these problems weeks ago, noone listens.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 01:11:19 AM »
oh. i havent been reading anything here lately .... just got to talking to another war2er and it'ssomething i've noticed for a long time i just never said anything about

i was the only admin that actually played/interacted with the comunity regularly. i always thought it was kinda fucked up.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 01:12:08 AM »
everyone develops different roles.

you ask yourself why doesn't anyone do this, or anyone do that.

maybe its you who need to do that  you complain about :P

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 02:02:15 AM »
everyone develops different roles.

you ask yourself why doesn't anyone do this, or anyone do that.

maybe its you who need to do that  you complain about [emoji14]
Its kind of fucked up to put that responsibility on one admin, should be shared by all admins. Your're a bigger idiot than i give your credit for.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 02:14:35 AM by EviL~Ryu »

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline Rit

• Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Rit's Youtube
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 04:03:46 AM »

be honest. thanks.

I think a post like this is counterproductive and petty.  I see no reason to complain about the admins not playing the game.  I honestly think you're seeking attention with this post and you're just trying to stir up trouble.

The question I've posed since I started posting on this forum is why the "actual community" you speak of isn't more involved?  The admins are all long time players who have stepped up to help keep this server going.  All of them are volunteers and contribute their time because they have something to offer that they enjoy doing. 

You're singling out the admins, but the truth is that a lot of us have stopped playing as much as we used to or have stopped playing altogether.  I seek to help the server because I would like to see this game prosper and I enjoy problem solving.  I also feel it's to my benefit that I'm learning new things just by volunteering my time.  I'm sure the admins can relate to that as well.  Although I'm not an admin, I don't play nearly as much as I used to and I've never been more active on the forum than I am now.  I've always loved this game and certainly wish I could play more but my lifestyle at the moment just doesn't allow it.  By the time I've played 1 or 2 games now, I'm ready to move on to something else in order to accomplish something of value throughout my day.  Some of us can live and breathe War2 but it's not healthy in the long run.  We're all getting older and most of the people I've met throughout the time I've played on this server rarely play anymore or have stopped playing altogether.  They have shifted their focus on more important things in their lives.

I've probably offered more than I should to this post as it's likely to provoke a hostile response.  I assure you I am not posting this to offend or insult you in any way.  I only wish to point out that this type of thinking is unnecessary, irrational, and has more of a negative impact on the server in comparison to the admins not playing regularly.  We must be reasonable with one another, maintain a positive outlook, and help each other out any way we can.  Have good faith in what we're all trying to do here and understand that any complaints you have can be handled differently than your approach here.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:08:00 AM by Rit »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 05:54:37 AM »
To start off, i really think we have no useless admins at the moment:
iL - programming, problem solving, server customization
Blid - the most experienced admin, not afraid of making brutal decisions when its needed (something mouse and il lack)
Mouse - forum customization, graphics, website and babysteps as the 'community' admin
Burnt - public relations, advertisements, motivation, tournaments, social media, $$ sponsorship(?)

Personally I don't care if we have 1 or 1000 admins as long as some kind of job (even niche) gets done. And this is the case here, i think admins are doing a great job. I always attacked foonat because tbh hes never done anything of the above

Why do you think we need an active 'gamer' admin? What is the current state of administratorship missing? Please bear in mind that i'm talking about things which can be done by an admin exclusively. Anyone can help the server in minor tasks (see rits calendar or my sticky thread lol), anyone can record and upload videos to youtube or stream (decent sources of new players).

Please, you gotta make a thesis first.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 07:38:28 AM »
have fun with this thread. i said what i wanted to say

having people call shots for the gaming community that aren't actually actively directly involved in the game itself is bad joo joo and a recipe for disaster.

glhf bye.

Offline tk[as]

• Server Admin
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 07:41:02 AM »
oh and smurf... i quit being admin a couple months ago. so i dont need to do shit any more.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 07:50:36 AM »
tk is totally right, but our admins dont want to listen nobody, i dont cares anymore, this game can die.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 07:58:24 AM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 09:32:56 AM »
I honestly think you guys are lucky that I spent my time towards promoting rather then playing War2, or I would be Viruz v2.0 mass destroyer.

Yes I was getting that good that quick. I would have owned you noobs.

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 09:43:47 AM »
That being said good point tk, ill make a effort to join more games.

I've been wanting to get some more DW players and the only way to really do that is get in the games.

edit: also Moustopher has been playing more recently too I've noticed. I don't know about blid since hes a smurf.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 09:50:08 AM by x-DW-x)BuRnT( »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 09:52:21 AM »
That being said good point tk, ill make a effort to join more games.

I've been wanting to get some more DW players and the only way to really do that is get in the games.

edit: also Moustopher has been playing more recently too I've noticed. I don't know about blid since hes a smurf.

You already join games, it's not about you, and we dont need moustopher to do something she dont know and she dont want, she cant even do is own job properly, we need you to add more admins, more admins who will be active and will do what it needed.

It's already been 5 days since i wait for my sub forum, i can do these subs forum in 10 minutes, we need more admins, more admins who know what they do and have time to do it, period.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 10:00:23 AM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 10:25:59 AM »
burnt- is fine he does a ton of promoting and runs the social media, very active tournamet host

il- obviously awesome, he makes all the stuff for the server and maintains it

mousetopher- she made a good site and just recently updated it, she is fine

blid- um he mods the forum? most useless of the admins (unless foonat is still an admin(
    but stil see no real reason to remove him

Just need to add more admins is the solution like EQ said, and not people like foonat either who log on once a year, Someone who is active on game and community and is capable doing things that would benefit the game and not someone interested in getting a cool icon or red font.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 10:33:58 AM »
if it helps then sure, just throw in some more 'gamer' admins in the admin pool, but i still don't know what difference does it make (and how it contributes to w2 dying pretty quickly). Tk spat some unsupported bullshit claim and went away