Author Topic: Another newbie thread  (Read 9030 times)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
Re: Another newbie thread
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 06:05:56 PM »
I know but the start positions were really bad and i jsut want to click a map and be able to play it. Do you know where I can see the maps? i am using pudbrowser because the map editor from this site didnt work

Here are all the classic maps, enjoy

http://war2.warcraft.org/maps/aclassic1.shtml
Kali IGL Stats

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 06:08:52 PM »
the map editor from this site didnt work
which didn´t work?

ftp://ftp.war2.ru/war2/utils/war2combatmapeditor102.zip
this ?

this one just run the exe inside the zip, and then run warcraft ii map editor found on program files/warcraft 2 combat map editor

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 06:10:37 PM »
I know but the start positions were really bad and i jsut want to click a map and be able to play it. Do you know where I can see the maps? i am using pudbrowser because the map editor from this site didnt work

By invisible i mean dont try to join a game and said nothing when they talk at you or ask a question, answer and let them know your new and you want to watch and learn.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline stevebrock

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 06:25:45 PM »
so what are the differences between bne, aie, classic, download, others, etc

and why does pudbrowse have an open and a browse option?

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 06:29:49 PM »
so what are the differences between bne, aie, classic, download, others, etc

and why does pudbrowse have an open and a browse option?

Classic or the original ladder map from 1995, bne are the modify version of classic ladder map from 1995, aie is some scenario map you can play for fun, download are the map your gonna automaticly download everytime you join a game with a map you dint already have, others is a free section if you like to create map yourself.

Offline stevebrock

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 06:38:15 PM »
just recommened a good map for beginner's that's fun to play that i dont have to know every little thing about

Offline stevebrock

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2015, 06:38:59 PM »
let me play you

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2015, 06:44:19 PM »
Actually peoples start with easy customer map like ( Paintball, Chop, Kotr, or BGH )

Paintball is a little bit retard from my point of view but... Kinda like a free units map where you one shot one kill, not really fun but anyway.

Chop is a good way to understand how peons are important into this game, by learning chop your gonna learn the basic for your future in pro map.

BGH is the same as any rts game, BIG GAME Hunter, where everything is large and free, a good way to learn your building and hotkeys but a bad way to prepare yourself for expensive pro map.

KOTR is almost the same as bgh in smaller version.

My advice for you is to play Chop or join GOW game for newbs, not for pro.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2015, 07:17:47 PM »
I would say archer friends is a good map for beginners. You only need to make 1 unit, archers (and peons duh) and it has all the aspects of the game.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline stevebrock

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2015, 07:27:44 PM »
Howcome I don't see to many games on the join games list? is there not enough players? cause i never saw archer friends before.

Does this site 403 sometimes cause it says 403 forbidden.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2015, 07:30:47 PM »
all these are dumb suggestions

if you wanna get good, stay away from all custom maps. theres very few people that started playing chop and are actually good at war2.

i repeat, if you wanna get good.

you wont get the hang of it if you start with 560000 gold... or maps where u cant build magic, ogres etcc. (archers)
let alone maps where your units have 1hp (paintball, lol)

and no, when i started playing this game i never played custom maps. thats a dumb thing to say.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 07:33:18 PM by SmurfKinG »

Offline stevebrock

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2015, 07:33:38 PM »
https://web.archive.org/web/20051221202723/http://members.nuvox.net/~on.billw/KPUD/landsea.html

The only remaining details left are to add some trees to the islands for looks; dress up the ground with some dark patches and random fill; assign default resources of a peon, a town hall, and a farm; and move some of the oil patches which are too close or far from the shore. With these final details, the map is complete and ready for play testing.

What is wrong with oi patches being too close to the shore?

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2015, 07:37:13 PM »
Archers is a good suggestion, just try to build like your partner & don't do anything retarded like making footmen or blacksmith. That one is hosted fairly often, look for the player Fat~Budz.

Arena is nice too, you can play multiplayer but can't get dted at start, it has all units & most aspects of standard gameplay, but scaled down & simplified. Ditto with Mini Bgh, or any minified map really. Could even try mini gow. Attached a few maps.

And here's another good source for basic tips: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,243.0.html

if you wanna get good, stay away from all custom maps. theres very few people that started playing chop and are actually good at war2.

you wont get the hang of it if you start with 560000 gold... or maps where u cant build magic, ogres etcc. (archers)

and no, when i started playing this game i never played custom maps. thats a dumb thing to say.

He's not worried about getting good atm, he's worried about trying out the game and having some fun.
squeak!

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2015, 07:43:31 PM »

Everything of what you said will be probably good advice if you were actually good Lol

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2015, 07:55:31 PM »
raped u countless times