Author Topic: Why 60men is the future of War2RU and why GoW = collapse of community  (Read 10997 times)

Offline USA~Archer

• Grunt
  • Don't shoot the sheep!
    • View Profile
THIS IS THE #1 PROBLEM WITH WAR2RU

No I dont, and I'm actually thinking of leaving after seeing the videos from the "chop chop" newbie starter pack. I thought war2 would be simpler than newer RTS but this is all getting too complex for me.

60men pball

- Games last 2 to 5 minutes
- A player joins a game, having never played or heard of Warcraft II before, and instantly understands the map and what he needs to do
- Expert players do not ban newbs because the game is short, they are not committing to a long boring game against a newb opponent
- 60men players such as myself actually help teach newbs
- Newb learns how to play
- Newb tells his friends to make accounts so he can own them at 60men

GoW
- Average game lasts 15-30minutes, some even longer
- A newb joins, is asked s9, says what? and is banned without explanation, over and over and over
- Eventually the newb sneaks into a game and isnt banned, the game starts and he has no idea what is going on
- Gets made fun of
- Newb never learns how to play, builds resentment for the community as a whole
- Leaves War2 forever and tells his friends how shitty of an experience he had

Why 60men is key to War2RU survival, and GoW is key to War2RU collapse:

NO TIME SPENT LEARNING THE GAME
New players are LAZY. They do not want to spend time learning a game from 1995 and spend hours and hours learning all its building dependencies etc.
ANYONE CAN UNDERSTAND 60MEN, instantly.

Its like CoD. Even if its your first time ever playing or seeing it, you know what to do. You know where the trigger button is and that your objective is to shoot the other guys. THATS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW. (to start, then, after youve already played a few times, you can start figuring out what you can do to improve)

SHORTER GAME TIMES

Also, most new players and players in general dont want to commit a half hour to a game. But 2-5 minutes is a much smaller commitment, Resulting in more people playing more frequently

GAMES CREATED MORE FREQUENTLY

Due to the smaller time commitment, more players will be playing, but also if you miss a game, you only have to wait 2-5minutes for the same group to make another game. This is what will keep even a small community alive is fast games. If theres 16 players online playing 2 games and they just started, you might have to wait a half hour or longer for anyone to join your game. but if 16 players are playing 60men, you only have to wait 2-5 minutes to jump in a game

60men players MAY migrate to become GoW players

60men will get newbs to start playing, then they are more likely to later become GoW players, but I see it as very unlikely a new player will start with GoW and stick around for longer than a day or two here
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:32:32 AM by USA~Archer »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
and why GoW must die for community to survive.

I stopped reading exactly there hahahahaha.
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline USA~Archer

• Grunt
  • Don't shoot the sheep!
    • View Profile
Re: Why 60men is the future of War2RU and why GoW = collapse of community
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 11:12:17 AM »
Okay i changed the title because I dont want GoW to die, I just dont want GoW and ChopFarms to not be all the community plays.

I think 60men is the best map for new players to the game.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:14:24 AM by USA~Archer »

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 11:14:56 AM »
You are clearly ignorant. An average gow game is about 7-10minutes. Stopped reading there. Although your point above were total BS too...
This is the reason I ended it all.

The newb, the mad and the retired.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 11:15:50 AM »
GOW games are more like 10-15 minutes than 30.  And honestly I don't care if war2 survives in the form of 60man because that's not the War2 i would log on to play.

Offline USA~Archer

• Grunt
  • Don't shoot the sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 11:22:24 AM »
YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS

Have fun playing GoW with the 10 of you until the game is completely dead

No I dont, and I'm actually thinking of leaving after seeing the videos from the "chop chop" newbie starter pack. I thought war2 would be simpler than newer RTS but this is all getting too complex for me.

And none of you will even acknowledge that it is even a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not deny that GoW takes a ton of strategy and is complex, fun, challenging, interesting, for players who have been playing it since 1995, however NO NEW PLAYERS GIVE A SHIT

Not even old players like me give a shit. I started Battle.Net around 2002 and nobody EVER played GoW. I didn't even try to learn GoW until 2010 when I started playing here, but quickly left the community after being s9'd and banned from every game.

I still suck at GoW really, and sometimes get banned, but I'm still trying to learn when I can by watching youtube and reading strat guides.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:29:07 AM by USA~Archer »

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 11:25:50 AM »
YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS

Have fun playing GoW with the 10 of you until the game is completely dead

And none of you will even acknowledge that it is a problem.

I do not deny that GoW takes a ton of strategy and is complex, fun, challenging, interesting, for players who have been playing it since 1995, however NO NEW PLAYERS GIVE A SHIT.

Listen brotha.

If you wanna play some lol type game, you better just join league of legend.

We have no probleme about the fact you want to made a little community for paintball.

We have probleme about your hacks and your way to dont cares about what we said, and your way to act with gow.

gow is totally the reason why this game is still alive after 15 years, gow is warcraft II, paintball is paintball.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 11:31:41 AM »
Why won't you people let the others play what they want? Diversity. If one thinks 60 men is more fun than gow, let him play that. Or mageball. or chopchop. Or various BNEs. Or the best map ever made - tumbleweed aka Mirror TE
literally anyone can organize tournaments, let the number of players and tournament participants decide rather than stupid threads, limericks and trickery.
Personally I agree with you - chill, easy maps without retarded instabanning tryhards are definitely better environment for a person willing to play w2 after 15 years break or some other casual oldgamer. I find the compstomp hosting bot a great middleground, but w/e, it's still in the making :P

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 11:36:22 AM »
Why won't you people let the others play what they want? Diversity. If one thinks 60 men is more fun than gow, let him play that. Or mageball. or chopchop. Or various BNEs. Or the best map ever made - tumbleweed aka Mirror TE
literally anyone can organize tournaments, let the number of players and tournament participants decide rather than stupid threads, limericks and trickery.
Personally I agree with you - chill, easy maps without retarded instabanning tryhards are definitely better environment for a person willing to play w2 after 15 years break or some other casual oldgamer. I find the compstomp hosting bot a great middleground, but w/e, it's still in the making :P

He can play what he want, but that dont mean he have to be a retard for this reason.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 11:38:09 AM »
60 men = tic tac toe
gow = chess

60men isn't even warcraft 2.
Kali IGL Stats

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 11:40:02 AM »
go make your own server already, we all know thats what your planning anyways and take your hacks with you
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 12:14:56 PM »
GOW games are more like 10-15 minutes than 30.  And honestly I don't care if war2 survives in the form of 60man because that's not the War2 i would log on to play.
Same old blid, idiots like this is why this game well never grow. Complete retard. Shut the fuck up, do your job as Admin and look after ALL gamers. You prick.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:21:09 PM by EviL~Ryu »

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 12:23:43 PM »
funny that you choose me to insult when I said very little except I wouldn't be interested in logging on to play paintball.  the OP is saying GOW is the key to War2's collapse, but to me, GOW (and other BNEs) are War2.  Is it a ban happy community?  Yes.  Is it easy for new players to be competitive?  No.  Those are problems.  But a custom map without resources and with one-hit kills is basically a totally different game.  If you like it, have at it, but it's not something i'm interested in playing.  If there were 100 users online daily but they only played 60man, war2 would be dead in my eyes.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 12:26:36 PM »
The BNE community needs to not ban every new person from their games though.  It's shitty.  They could learn from the chop etc players.  People used to be helpful and let newbs play, tell them how to build, etc. now it's just like, "oh, you're new?  get out."  Hosting games in that way is just slow suicide.  But I wonder if some of it has to do with the more international flavor of the game now.  A lot of the newbs dont seem to really speak English, which means you cant tell them stuff and they might screw up games, and people dont want to risk wasting their time.  Too bad.

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 12:28:08 PM »
op players.  People used to

chop is much more forgiving for newbs and easier to learn thats why. training someone on gow takes forever
Kali IGL Stats