Author Topic: Why 60men is the future of War2RU and why GoW = collapse of community  (Read 10985 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Why 60men is the future of War2RU and why GoW = collapse of community
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 12:30:13 PM »
I disagree, chop isn't that easy.  But maybe it's easier to win despite having noob allies because the trees buy you some time to overcome disadvantages.  or maybe chop people are just more chill.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 12:31:37 PM »
also, chop is not paintball.  Chop is war2

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 12:34:29 PM »
Chop is totally easier map since you almost only have to do macro without micro blid.

New player have more interess to play chop because actually they can suvive a couple more minutes before die.

On gow its a question of time before you get scout and die.

But ganz, people dont get good at gow because they dont listen, not because its hard to learn it.

Most of pro players are still huge newbs because they actually think they are good and they dont need to learn Lol

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 01:11:49 PM by Equinox »
Mr.120apm aka U8! Best player of the world losing 4v3 against Phillip5256.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 12:35:25 PM »
I disagree, chop isn't that easy.  But maybe it's easier to win despite having noob allies because the trees buy you some time to overcome disadvantages.  or maybe chop people are just more chill.
And you think custom games are easy to master? Pfft, shows how much you know.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 12:36:28 PM »
How is Pball not war2? You still need skill @ unit control. Just because it uses different elements of the game doesn't make it war2.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 12:36:58 PM »

Com on dude, any pro player who will have interesst for custom map will rape 97% of the custom cumminity, the truth is pro maps are what we are lookin for, we want real strategie from a real war point of view.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:39:12 PM by Equinox »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 12:37:27 PM »
New player have more interess to play chop because actually they can suvive a couple more minutes before die.

On gow its a question of time before you get scout and die.
yeah, probably.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 12:38:36 PM »

Com on dude, any pro player who will have interesst for custom player will rape 97% of the custom cumminity, the truth is pro maps are what we are lookin for, we want real strategie from a real war point of view.
Lmfao and you think custom games don't offer real strat? You are really brain dead. It takes great skill to master AO and Pball such as 60 men or Alleria.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 12:39:57 PM »
How is Pball not war2? You still need skill @ unit control. Just because it uses different elements of the game doesn't make it war2.

You need skill at unit control in dota too.  Is dota war2?  Pball is on the war2 engine and has war2 units in it, so if you want to argue it's war2, it would be a technical or philosophical argument.  Is everything you can play on the war2 engine war2? i don't care about that argument really.

Does it have resource gathering?  resource management?  Do you train units?  Do you make buildings?  Do you upgrade tech?  Do you cast spells?  Practically speaking, it's not war2.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2015, 12:40:14 PM »
i disagree with 'forgiving', chop is very newb unfriendly, because:
  • in gow it would be a simple 3v4, but in chop a newbie neighbour may completely fuck up his ally's base, so they get backstabbed sometimes. It would never happen in gow
  • in chop farms, autistic newbies never leave forcing everyone to kill their farms and in consequence, losing everyones time. It's very annoying and probably one of the very few reasons they get banned

that's the technical stuff. I won't argue whether the most basic '1 rax-lust cookbook' strat is easier than a 'dont die' chop chop strategy, maybe so..

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 12:43:30 PM »

You need skill at unit control in dota too.  Is dota war2?  Pball is on the war2 engine and has war2 units in it, so if you want to argue it's war2, it would be a technical argument.  Is everything you can play on the war2 engine war2?  That's a philosophical argument.

Does it have resource gathering?  resource management?  Do you train units?  Do you make buildings?  Do you upgrade tech?  Do you cast spells?  Practically speaking, it's not war2.

And Dota is considered war3, not sure if you even play it as i do every week on war3. Even war3 ladder players consider dota war3.

Pball still uses the element of the game you retard. You still need to know how a Alleria behaves. Ofc anything on war2 engine is war2 wtf are you talking about.

Offline Nox

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2015, 12:43:50 PM »

Com on dude, any pro player who will have interesst for custom player will rape 97% of the custom cumminity, the truth is pro maps are what we are lookin for, we want real strategie from a real war point of view.
Lmfao and you think custom games don't offer real strat? You are really brain dead. It takes great skill to master AO and Pball such as 60 men or Alleria.

What is real strat for you? Do you think i start with gow? Most of pro players start on custom map too 15 years ago, difference was we are not playing same custom map.. In our time it was BGH, TOWER WAR, FREE CASTLE.

But there a time where you get older and you want more then free building and free units, you want to manage your own ressource, you want to choose your units and your building, you want to protect your base, you want to get control of the map with expantion, you want to do usefull attack with a nice micro, you want to think about EVERYTHING in a large way to do it.

Custom map are good for some people who dint want to get on next level, but every pro players know there nothing to compare about a custom map and a real rts map.

Im sorry brotha, but your gonna have to grow a good day too.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:50:34 PM by Equinox »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 12:59:26 PM »
i guess i don't think it will be productive to argue is or is it not war2.  the better questions are:
Does it have resource gathering?  resource management?  Do you train units?  Do you make buildings?  Do you upgrade tech?  Do you cast spells?
That's quite a significant number of elements it lacks.  if it doesn't have any of those things, then it is an incredibly different type of game

Offline EviL~Ryu

• Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 01:03:06 PM »
i guess i don't think it will be productive to argue is or is it not war2.  the better questions are:
Does it have resource gathering?  resource management?  Do you train units?  Do you make buildings?  Do you upgrade tech?  Do you cast spells?
That's quite a significant number of elements it lacks.  if it doesn't have any of those things, then it is an incredibly different type of game
I just dont think its productive for me to argue with a dimwit as yourself. So im done.

Offline SmurfKinG

• Sappers
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 01:05:19 PM »
i had not played this map ever.

i finally did a bit ago, it was  3v3.

played about 5 games.

the team where usaarcher was at (our opponent) lost 4 of those 5 games, and in all those 4, his teammates blamed archer for the loss. (being archer the first to die)

lol.
it was about 10 days ago.

so much for the 60men promotor  8)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 01:09:57 PM by SmurfKinG »