Author Topic: Why 60men is the future of War2RU and why GoW = collapse of community  (Read 10880 times)

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Why 60men is the future of War2RU and why GoW = collapse of community
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 01:08:33 PM »
i guess i don't think it will be productive to argue is or is it not war2.  the better questions are:
Does it have resource gathering?  resource management?  Do you train units?  Do you make buildings?  Do you upgrade tech?  Do you cast spells?
That's quite a significant number of elements it lacks.  if it doesn't have any of those things, then it is an incredibly different type of game
I just dont think its productive for me to argue with a dimwit as yourself. So im done.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

there's nothing to argue about, blids latest post contains nothing but facts

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 07:35:53 PM »
I do think you and or others returning and hosting 60 Men Tournaments / games is a good thing. I agree that it can help keep new users intrigued enough to begin the game and later even move onto other types of maps if they want. People having the option to choose any type of war2 related game doesn't hurt. The biggest thing is just players letting other players play. The more people hosting a game the better in my opinion. At that note can you please just remove the hack download from the website.

Offline mousEtopher

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • War2.me
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 08:25:22 PM »
Archer does make some good points. While I'm not personally a pball fan, you have to admit it's far more approachable for new players who just want to play a game and aren't particularly interested in becoming the next Viruz. It's not exclusively such though; there are a lot of fun maps that dumb down one aspect of gameplay or another and are easier to understand when one's first learning the game  -- a lot of good examples mentioned in stevebrock's thread.

The overarching problem is the "instabanning newbs" mentality. The client's getting a respectable number of downloads, so the task now is to not instantly drive these people away. Teams can be arranged to accomodate newbs while still being interesting and balanced, e.g. an equal distribution per team, or one really newby newb on the weaker team in a 2v2, etc. Just letting them play some of the time is better than never. And once there's enough of them logging on regularly, they'll start gravitating towards players & games of their own skill level, which will make it easier for future newbs to integrate.

Failing that though, the autohosting bot is a great idea and possibly our only hope. Since the current gamebot now consistently has lat within 10 minutes of logging on it's basically useless, so if anyone feels like coding a new model there's a vacancy on a hosting computer.
squeak!

Offline USA~Archer

• Grunt
  • Don't shoot the sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2015, 09:06:18 PM »
Thank you for acknowledging some of my points.

Our goal is the same, we all want to see War2RU continue to succeed: attract new players,  turn them into good players, grow server.

Mouse, i want to help rewrite the gamebot - maybe start a thread in dev forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2015, 09:56:04 PM »
yea give him the gamebot code so he can use it on his server that will try to steal all the custom players  lol, not gonna happen.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:57:44 PM by GaNzTheLegend »
Kali IGL Stats

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2015, 11:07:14 PM »
yea give him the gamebot code so he can use it on his server that will try to steal all the custom players  lol, not gonna happen.
You morons are gonna do that all by yourselves lmao...why u blaming archer. For the amount you bash custom games and gamers it will happen all on its own.

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline stevebrock

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2015, 03:36:02 PM »

Our goal is the same, we all want to see War2RU continue to succeed: attract new players,  turn them into good players, grow server.

I would play paintball since I have no clue what an s9 is.

Offline EviL~Ryu

• (ง︡'-'︠)ง "Bitchin!" ®©℗™
  • Dragon
  • "It's going to be Legen-(wait for it......)-DARY!"
    • View Profile
    • Clan EviL Official Page
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2015, 03:41:08 PM »

Hahaha [emoji39] [emoji106]

-Administrator of Clan EviL
-Developer (Trivia Development and Analytics)

Offline GaNzTheLegend

• Best War2 Player Ever
  • Ogre Mage
  • #1 on: Kali, Heat, Zone, Kahn, GameStorm, Bnet, RU
    • View Profile
    • Kali Hall Of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2015, 03:46:19 PM »

just say 30k when someone asks s9
Kali IGL Stats

Offline Poiros

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2015, 03:28:21 AM »
Someone must ask himself what is warcraft 2? What are the basics that are learned from the very essence of the game? I always thought that war2 should be learned from campaigns first (I'm talking about a total newb). You learn relations between buildings and units and their upgrades. Each step is taught one by one. Later in the campaigns you learn to micro-manage your units more, especially catapults. You learn about expanding, resource management, unit management, scouting, and how to defend efficiently from various types of attack.

When you transpose these strategies to online play, GOW is a map that requires ALL of these skills, which are the essence of warcraft 2 IMHO. I agree that GOW is played too much, that there are other maps that are fun and can lead to very complex games. But to say that GOW isn't the future of warcraft2 is to ignore WHY the game is still alive.

I personally have played A LOT on KALI and heat back then, and GOW was the most popular map. About a year ago, i log on ru and still find out that gow/high ef is STILL the most played setup! I didn't enjoy the first games as the players got MUCH better over the years. But you know what? I got a LOT better in no time and I still enjoy learning about advanced tactics on this map as I still get beat up badly by good players.

Poiros