Author Topic: Looking for pro warvideos  (Read 46748 times)

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for pro warvideos
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 02:21:54 PM »
ooks strange in braviets case.
Hmm, a mouse macro button with a mh for 0.2s would give him enough knowledge about his enemy (spots, checking for expos or hidden raxes, strats). OTOH, would he be stu
It is a tournament so the warvid is required.  He sends to Burnt due to requirement.   edit: Omg it was the freakin festival.  >:(  Knocked out Viruz in semis and lost to Swift in final.  So in game 3 vs Viruz, the deciding game, he hacked hardcore and it's in the replay Burnt has.  Please upload it back up Burnt

And yes you can see around a catapult when it shoots but that's clearly different from what happened here with the map getting lit up.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:41:08 PM by blid »

Offline Teron-Gorefiend

• Grunt
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 02:42:38 PM »
Maps never ever, NEVER EVER fucking lit up. I've played this game too long and too legit to know this.
This is the reason I ended it all.

The newb, the mad and the retired.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 02:47:22 PM »
yes, and a smart maphacker will have it on for a short period of time, that way the minimap DOESNT alter but he can still see things on his screen. If the original warvid file is like that as well (so its not recorder/youtube anomaly), its enough to raise attention!

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 02:47:58 PM »

Burnt, put game 3 back up.  Upload dk2 file.  People should be able to look at the evidence and decide if this is hacking.  I think it is.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:59:28 PM by blid »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 03:14:37 PM »
This is clear hacking though.  Notice how he unloads his units back there on the coast.  Then he deliberately moves his map over to an unsee-able area in front of his men.  Because that's where you're about to go, and you're about to light that shit up with hacks and decide how to move your units in.  Thinking about it this is 100% proof imo.  No way warvid or youtube would randomly light up a map to the revealed color like that.  Youtube doesn't know what color that is.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:19:55 PM by blid »

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 03:24:12 PM »
i'd like to have the original warvid file in my hands as well as maybe one more occurrence of this, then the judgement would be clear. rest assured nobody will be surprised when they find out he hacked... at least not the smart ones like me.
I dont think 1 frame from 1 vid is enough to ban him (i mean he's not even active anymore, but still).
For example in one of my vids my entire base changed colour from blue to bright red, i can't explain how it happened, but shit happens

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 03:29:39 PM »
Anomaly in game 2 (selected area lighted up, his submarine disappeared). Now the hacking makes zero sense and not the entire area lit up. That's where my benefit of the doubt is coming from

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 03:37:38 PM »
In the other video that used to be up, the map also lit up after he was unloading a transport, which seems to be a pattern... and the other video does give us more than one example.  But it's not available for now.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 04:27:23 PM »
Anomaly in game 2 (selected area lighted up, his submarine disappeared). Now the hacking makes zero sense and not the entire area lit up. That's where my benefit of the doubt is coming from

You get benefit of the doubt from that?  I think it's a mix of the time the hack is turned on with him moving his minimap.  But the bottom line is, that's revealing coast line that clearly was never explored.  We know 100% that this is not a youtube/conversion glitch, because youtube doesn't know what The spiral.pud looks like.  It's either hacking, a War2 glitch of War2 displaying that coast for a split second, or a warvid glitch, in which warvid actually does learn the layout of the pud and doesn't just straight record what is on your screen.  But I don't believe it's either of the second two options because I've never heard of anything like this happening except in a braviet vid.

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 04:33:48 PM »
obviously it's either his hax or warvid glitch. You gave great explanation as for why his mh was ideally timed in the game 1, but in game 2 it doesn't really make much sense to toggle mh, it was super random. So idk. Ill be careful with all the warvids i watch from now on, looking for that kind of glitch. I dont think it's ever happened to me

im like 60/40 hax/glitch right now

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 04:38:07 PM »
yeah i guess.  just to note, you can see the line where the vision begins in frame 2 there, and see how that matches up with how he's moved the screen down in frame 3.  also your own units disappearing is a well-known side effect of hax.  we can analyze more when we get the other game.  one reason he might toggle the hack on here is because he's taken two exps and he's wondering which islands viruz has (edit: or maybe not, since it doesnt seem to impact the minimap...).  he may already know where he started by this point and is wondering what his exp looks like if he has one.  or it could be automated hack that only blinks on for very short periods and only gets caught in warvid once in awhile, or a hack bug.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 04:44:05 PM by blid »

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 04:54:44 PM »
here is some possible exculpatory evidence.  i saw another flash in the first replay, shortly after the first flash.

first off, the first flash showed no units there in the lit area.  and as i watched the replay unfold it did appear likely there were no units there.

however, second flash also showed no units, and i think there probably would have been units there... 3 seconds later when he moves down there, there's certainly peon traffic and a couple grunts.  then again, the chopping peons are below where the map was in the lit frame, so they wouldnt be there, and the other grunts and peons seem to just be moving up and running at that time.  so maybe not.  i think this moves the meter more toward warvid glitch but still not sure

Offline O4L

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
    • Warcraft 2 Server
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2015, 04:55:09 PM »
There is no game 3 these are the same ones from that thread.  I think only a glitch though.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 05:02:49 PM »
Ooh, solid glitch evidence for the example I just posted:

7:09 Building is lit up as a town hall
7:16 Building is a complete stronghold

Cannot go from town hall to completed stronghold in 7 seconds.

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 05:13:13 PM »
I would really like to see this happen in someone else's warvid though.