Author Topic: "Forum news" for bnet lobby  (Read 5144 times)

Offline Warchief Lightbringer-

• Server Admin
  • Axe Thrower
    • View Profile
"Forum news" for bnet lobby
« on: December 02, 2014, 06:14:45 AM »
(from this topic: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,83.0.html)
I like seeing the posts when you log in war2. What harm to that? It's a once per log in thing.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 08:48:26 AM by iL »
aka DeaDLyGaMeS

Offline I hate naggers

• Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: "Forum news" for bnet lobby
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 08:05:13 AM »
a matter of taste probably.
I'm aware of the very existance of the forum, so when I want to browse it, I simply visit it. Bunch of yellow letters do no good to me.

RELATE TO THE TOPIC YOU WHORE

Offline iL

• Administrator
  • Ogre Mage
    • View Profile
Re: "Forum news" for bnet lobby
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 08:30:20 AM »
a matter of taste probably.
I'm aware of the very existance of the forum, so when I want to browse it, I simply visit it. Bunch of yellow letters do no good to me.
That was try to invite some people to forum. Lots players live in chat and never visit any sites and forums. But forum should be the main information resource for community, at least to publish some important news for server future.
Maybe to filter some useless offtopics from that list? Let's discuss that if you want.

I like this idea.
I like seeing the posts when you log in war2. What harm to that? It's a once per log in thing.
I actually think about some improvements in this feature. Maybe to make it smaller, filter by author or w/e, but to show each time you join channel.
I think forum news could be interesting for community and that list updates every 10 min now.
Is shows last 8 topics in server.war2.ru section now.

You can read that using "/motd" command.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 08:48:00 AM by iL »
Need help to translate War2Combat to German, French, Italian, Polish or another language: http://forum.war2.ru/index.php/topic,4728.0.html
Please, contact me if you are interested in that.