Author Topic: anti-capitalism thread  (Read 390909 times)

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
Re: anti-capitalism thread
« Reply #1335 on: March 13, 2018, 09:24:43 PM »
i heard they revised it up to like $9 after feedback

they lose like $3-4b a year and have like $5.5b left in funding.  people keep pumping money in to keep it afloat, hoping for the breakthrough to come

also to artificially keep fare prices down and put cab companies out of businesses so they can jack prices up when they have a monopoly
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

Offline tora is a simp bitch for billionaires

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 14, 2018, 11:46:07 AM »
rip Stephen Hawking

I'm rather late to the question-asking party, but I'll ask anyway and hope. Have you thought about the possibility of technological unemployment, where we develop automated processes that ultimately cause large unemployment by performing jobs faster and/or cheaper than people can perform them? Some compare this thought to the thoughts of the Luddites, whose revolt was caused in part by perceived technological unemployment over 100 years ago. In particular, do you foresee a world where people work less because so much work is automated? Do you think people will always either find work or manufacture more work to be done? Thank you for your time and your contributions. I’ve found research to be a largely social endeavor, and you've been an inspiration to so many.

Answer:

If machines produce everything we need, the outcome will depend on how things are distributed. Everyone can enjoy a life of luxurious leisure if the machine-produced wealth is shared, or most people can end up miserably poor if the machine-owners successfully lobby against wealth redistribution. So far, the trend seems to be toward the second option, with technology driving ever-increasing inequality

Hawking knew capitalism is cancer.

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 14, 2018, 12:38:03 PM »

they lose like $3-4b a year and have like $5.5b left in funding.  people keep pumping money in to keep it afloat, hoping for the breakthrough to come

also to artificially keep fare prices down and put cab companies out of businesses so they can jack prices up when they have a monopoly

these tech dreamers love crushing workers but theres always gonna be lyft and other leeches fighting for space in the same market, even if they successfully push all the cab drivers into self-immolation displays.  all it takes to enter the competition with this model is putting an app on itunes

anyway though their problem is that the drivers dont make much at all, so they always quit or try driving for one of the other services.  theres huge driver turnover and they have to keep offering these costly incentive packages to try to sucker in more desperate driver scabs.  then after the incentive period runs out the drivers realize it's a bad deal or find something better and quit.  keeping the driver supply is a serious challenge even as it is, and they cant really increase wages at the rate theyre hemorrhaging money

so basically what's happening is that peolpe are getting cheap rides and it's being subsidized by dumbass venture capital because these people are looking for places to dump their money in this market with these low interest rates, and then that money is getting bled by the billion.  yeah uber has an app but that and the subsidized rides is all they actually have to offer.  theoretically they believe crushing cab drivers and replacing them with starving contractors has to work since it weakens labor, but theyll never have the same sort of efficiencies as cab companies where they can have a garage for car servicing or where workers can share a car to keep it on the road for more hours, and if they try to pay their drivers competitively then prices go up and people will have no reason to use uber anymore either, so they're caught in a box i dont see any way out of

it's so funny because to the average joe on the street the whole uber thing has been sold as this wildly successful, optimistic, and future-looking, despite drivers getting peanuts and the company bleeding billions, and an actual livable occupation (cab driver) being destroyed and replaced by people either not making a living wage, or hustling for a little bit of supplemental income.  yet theyll only be able to avoid bankruptcy for a little more than a year unless they keep getting more cash injections indefinitely, or make a ton going public and selling stock to rubes in the hope that driverless cars will bail them out someday.  and if driverless cars ever do come thatll just mean fewer jobs for working people and more money for companies that own the cars which is not the recipe for a functioning economy, but hey the rich will get richer and stocks will myopically go up before the final inevitable crash
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:57:00 PM by eyyy im walkin here »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 14, 2018, 01:30:54 PM »
^^driving uber is more of a hobby to a lot of drivers. I do it cause I enjoy it and it keeps me from burning thru my cash.
war2 > war3

Offline Certified MENSA Genius Brain (smart)

• "The Architect"
  • Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 14, 2018, 01:44:08 PM »
yes "a little bit of supplemental income" like i said.  you obviously dont drive that much and it's not a very practical full-time job for anyone, but it does destroy the livelihood of cab drivers which had existed basically since the invention of the car.

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 14, 2018, 01:53:13 PM »
people will act like uber is a good thing because they believe it to be more highly efficient and technologically advanced than taxicab industry, but it's like blid said it's nothing more than mobsters trying to stomp out a monopoly (capitalism.txt)

Offline CumSavorer4385

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 17, 2018, 09:49:52 AM »

these tech dreamers love crushing workers but theres always gonna be lyft and other leeches fighting for space in the same market, even if they successfully push all the cab drivers into self-immolation displays.  all it takes to enter the competition with this model is putting an app on itunes

anyway though their problem is that the drivers dont make much at all, so they always quit or try driving for one of the other services.  theres huge driver turnover and they have to keep offering these costly incentive packages to try to sucker in more desperate driver scabs.  then after the incentive period runs out the drivers realize it's a bad deal or find something better and quit.  keeping the driver supply is a serious challenge even as it is, and they cant really increase wages at the rate theyre hemorrhaging money

so basically what's happening is that peolpe are getting cheap rides and it's being subsidized by dumbass venture capital because these people are looking for places to dump their money in this market with these low interest rates, and then that money is getting bled by the billion.  yeah uber has an app but that and the subsidized rides is all they actually have to offer.  theoretically they believe crushing cab drivers and replacing them with starving contractors has to work since it weakens labor, but theyll never have the same sort of efficiencies as cab companies where they can have a garage for car servicing or where workers can share a car to keep it on the road for more hours, and if they try to pay their drivers competitively then prices go up and people will have no reason to use uber anymore either, so they're caught in a box i dont see any way out of

it's so funny because to the average joe on the street the whole uber thing has been sold as this wildly successful, optimistic, and future-looking, despite drivers getting peanuts and the company bleeding billions, and an actual livable occupation (cab driver) being destroyed and replaced by people either not making a living wage, or hustling for a little bit of supplemental income.  yet theyll only be able to avoid bankruptcy for a little more than a year unless they keep getting more cash injections indefinitely, or make a ton going public and selling stock to rubes in the hope that driverless cars will bail them out someday.  and if driverless cars ever do come thatll just mean fewer jobs for working people and more money for companies that own the cars which is not the recipe for a functioning economy, but hey the rich will get richer and stocks will myopically go up before the final inevitable crash

they're probably also counting on and will get state and municipal subsidies, like i'm sure there's some asshole mayor who wants to "modernize transport" by subsidizing uber

but yeah i don't necessarily think their scheme will work, i don't think capital is going to have the patience for the returns to start coming in after the 10th year or so of straight losses with no end in sight
Quote from: Swift
i don't know if i'll ever forgive you for how you treated turtleman

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 18, 2018, 05:07:35 PM »

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 20, 2018, 12:06:40 PM »

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: May 05, 2018, 09:19:19 AM »

Offline ~ToRa~

• Server Admin
  • Death Knight
  • The General
    • View Profile
war2 > war3

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 05, 2018, 01:16:10 PM »
get out retard

• Death Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 06, 2018, 01:44:27 PM »

Offline 3bdushakur

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 10, 2018, 10:37:45 PM »
you're either lying or you're dumb. if you think the average american has $1000 to gamble in the stock market you're a privileged fuckboy.

The average Aerican makes over 1k a month from minimum wage, there is no way around it when rent is 1.5k amonth for a studio apartment.

Offline 3bdushakur

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 10, 2018, 10:46:32 PM »
The working class will never rise again because the rich are hungrier than the poor these days. Also, the weapon against them is ideological subversion, so any attempt at a "revolution" is neutered and controlled from its inception. All these recent movements come and go like a passing fad.

Capitalism is also dying, Communism is dead, and the only viable system for the salvation of mankind from all walks of life is Shari'ah Law.

Shari'ah Law is the superior legal system known to man. It tackles every known problem. Communism is a ghost, Capitalism is almost dead and Shari'ah Law will be established worldwide in the future to balance the world. Shari'ah Law transcends both Communism and Capitalism and all other economical philosophies and religions. This is the only way for mankind to rise from the dredges of failed philosophies and regain their humanity.